Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fancy Meeting You. ((Rina))

Started by CastlesInTheSky, October 03, 2011, 06:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

The streets of Arca were beautiful, the architectural brilliance showing with every stone laid into the buildings. It seemed so unfitting to him for him to be walking through the beautiful streets. It felt unfitting for him to even be in the city. He visited his rich father in secret, who gave him a few things he needed once in a while, so they were familiar, but it seemed like he somehow wasn't supposed to be there.

The reason he was here was to deliver some glass he had made to a noble around the finer parts of town. He was holding a box that wasn't particularly large. He was trying to figure out where in the world the person's house must be. It was a very large city, after all.

He spied a girl who was clearly of higher status, judging by her clothes. He walked up to her, bowing his head and saying, "Um, sorry to disturb you, miss, but...do you know where to find this man's house?" He pointed to the name on the box. His manners were quite rusty. He hoped it wouldn't bother her too much.

Anonymous

Siana had been absently shopping, her day boring and uninspired. She needed something exciting to happen, or find some new project. As it was, most of her friends had gotten dull and besides her encounters with that irritating thief in the slums, life had been...less that exciting.

One finger absently twirled a strand of emerald green hair, not paying much attention. When the man approached, she startled slightly, "Oh! What? Um..." Siana had never been a great reader, her lips moving as she read the words, "Yes. That address is quite close. Just go up this street until you see a glassblowers shop, take a left, follow that street and the house will be on your right. Next to the King's Crown inn I think."

CastlesInTheSky

Well, she was polite.
Lots of the nobles he had met before were pretty much the nose-in-the-air, I art mightier than thou, bring-me-a-sandwich-you-lowly-peasant types. At least she hadn't waved him away with a hand and complained that he was in her breathing space of ten feet.

However, he knew things were going to go a bit badly when he saw something out of the corner of his eye. Something...falling. It seemed to go in slow motion as he glanced over and saw the glass plate falling towards the ground. In a split-second reflex, his serpentine tail appeared in the manner similar to that of the cheshire cat and wrapped around the glass object. "Whoops." He felt very self-conscious, standing there in a rather busy street, showing the fact that he wasn't completely human.

"Um, sorry to bother you again, but could you put this plate in the box I'm holding? I can't reach it and my hands are full." He raised the plate held with his tail, hoping he would be able to hold it longer with his smooth scales and that she wasn't afraid of reptiles.

Anonymous

Living in Serendipity meant you ran into a lot of odd things, but Siana hadn't really been expecting the tail. When he caught the plate, her eyes widened and she startled slightly, "What? Oh, us, yes. I would be glad too."

She was trying not to stare, she really was. It was rude. But she kept sneaking peeks in that way people who are trying not to look always look very intently.

CastlesInTheSky

Phoenix noticed her looking at his tail, but it didn't make him too uncomfortable. It was to be expected. Tails weren't sprouting everywhere after all. It was now neatly coiled on the ground beside him, or the part that touched the ground was.

"It won't bite," he said, amused. In a moment's time it faded away into invisibility again.

Anonymous

"Oh. Yes, of course not." Siana gave a small laugh, eyes going everywhere but where the tail had been, "I, just, uh, wasn't expecting that. Not that its not, uh, perfectly fine, just a little shocking is all. Are you fae?"

CastlesInTheSky

Phoenix shifted the box to a more comfortable position, so he could talk as well as hold it. Fortunately, the glass wasn't particularly heavy for the most part, being thin.

"It's understandable that you'd be startled. As for if I'm part fae...perhaps somewhere on my mother's side. But this, well, strangeness comes from my father."

Anonymous

"Oh, well, lots of people are part fae." Siana spoke almost absently, still a little surprised at the tail, "What's your fathers side then? Ghost?"

CastlesInTheSky

"Yup." Phoenix didn't find enough words within his mind at the time to sound more eloquent than that in reply to her comment.

"Oh, hm? My father. Well, he's...part demon. But I'm not evil or anything...me and him don't really get along."

Anonymous

That made Siana's strange, pale eyes widen. She took a step back before she even realized she had, "A demon? Isn't that...dangerous?" She had never met a demon before, but she had heard the stories. Though they were supposed to be ugly and frightening and the man before her wasn't any of those.

CastlesInTheSky

Phoenix frowned and shook his head. "Maybe my father's dangerous but I'm not. Demons are only really dangerous if they decide to go down the bad road. My mother is actually a demon-slayer. Sort of awkward in the family." He gave a look to a passerby that gave him a look.

Anonymous

"Oh. Well, yes. I imagine so." Siana blinked, looking slightly shell shocked about the whole thing, "How did they marry then? That must have been a strange courtship..."

CastlesInTheSky

Marry? Oh, well. Phoenix wouldn't dare say they...didn't, but refrained from touching that topic. They had thought about it (or rather, his mother thought about it while his father was in the relationship for shits and giggles and was quite enjoying all the irony of their companionship) but never gone anywhere with it. What a loving family he had.

"Oh, well, he tricked her into thinking that he was a shape-shifter. He was able to hide his true self because he is a quite powerful demon, and of course my mother was in love with his facade, though I can't exactly imagine her being in love with anything." He clicked his tongue. "I'm sorry for how strange this all is, I wish I had a less complicated story to tell."