Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Masquerade Ball for All

Started by Casey, January 16, 2012, 02:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Tag: Ondina

A few more words Kai didn't understand came... but that was, likely enough, inevitable. Rather than help, it temporarily made things more confusing, before he simply forgot about it all. Such was how the free spirit that was him worked; somehow, he got by just fine like that. Perhaps it was because he spent so much time away from civilization.

"Well... guess that works," he shrugged, clearly not paying it much thought as his eyes wandered, between the decor and other such things and the people that were steadily flowing in. And... talking and gathering, mostly, from what he could see. That wasn't particularly interesting, at least to him, though the music wasn't bad at least. "Huh... kinda surprised people aren't really dancing or anything, thought that was what people usually did when there was music around..." he openly mused.

Anonymous

Tag: Qiana and Razi

Winter moved easily among the crowd, laughing and social and totally in her element. The flash of blue caught her eye and she made her way to her lover, glowing with delight over the party, "Darling! I've been waiting! And you made a friend already!"

She held out a hand to Razi, smiling behind her mask, "I'm Liliana! It's a delight! What's your name? And who made you that mask? I adore it!"

Winters-Feather

@Qiana and Winter

"Oh," Razi watched in surprise as a newcomer, another elegant lady, joined them. She looked friendly, easy going, and seemed awfully close with whoever it was she had bumped into. Razi smiled and gracefully took Winter's hand.
"The pleasure is mine, Ms. Liliana," she eloquently replied.
"My name is Sha-Razi and my hostess made it for me. She would've be delighted to hear such kind words."
The woman didn't really feel the need to mask her name as well as her face. She didn't see the point to, not for her business, anyway.
Razi glanced at Winter.
"I never did quite catch your name," she mentioned, "Are you two sisters? Friends?"

Anonymous

Tag: Qiana and Winter

"Sisters?" Winter gave a low laugh, her head tilting back, "How naughty! Goodness no. This is my lover, Yaralin. You have an interesting accent. Where are you from?"

Winters-Feather

Tag: @ Qiana and Winter

Razi nodded at the woman's statement, not surprised or shocked at all.
However, at the mention of her accent, Razi gave a shy smile.
"My family is from Essryn," she explained, "Though I've been living in the Kishahn Jungle for quite some time now. I don't suppose you've ever been?"

Anonymous

Tag: Delith and anyone

Sariel hadn't actually planned on going to this stupid ball. Why he would want to mingle with his lessers was beyond him. His mother had mentioned it in passing, wanting him to see about meeting a nice girl there that could come from nobility.

He would have ignored his mother if he hadn't realized he could drag Delith along with him. It would be delightful fun to watch her flounder. He had a dragon feel with his costume, a homage to the fact he had been down in Adela. His clothes were vibrant red and golds, with a gold and red mask made to look like a dragon's face.

Delith though, he hadn't expected her to look so...not dumpy. That threw him. He stood near his slave, sipping some wine, "Well, I imagine you don't really come to many parties like this. Are you going to help me locate some titled tart so I can get into her skirts?"

Winters-Feather

Tag: Sariel and anyone

A lone dame wandered around the ball room. She was of a willowy figure, her royal purple hair fashionably short. Her keen, golden brown eyes and soft lips were vamped up with make up, though most of her face remained hidden by a butterfly mask of gold, purple, and blue. It matched her simple, but elegant, sapphire frock. A smile was pasted on  her lips. Most thought it was because she was being charming and cheerful, but that wasn't quite it.
Jazbel, my man, you have really out did yourself this time.

Jazbel could hardly contain his glee. Truthfully, he had been distressed to shave off his  dazzling beard and beautiful mustache, but those could always grow back. Besides, this was part of a bet him and his currently employer were having. She was a bored Serendian woman who often sent him out to do the occasional bit of spying or gossip catching. As such, they sometimes had their little games and gambles, like this one. Ten gold coins if he could pull this off, ten. It wasn't the money that mainly appealed to Jazbel, tough, it was the challenge. So, he bought himself a ticket and dressed himself up nicely in her clothes. He even stuffed the bodice to make it seem that he had a small, but firm, bosom. The man had rubbed his body with a magical lotion from the market that took away the wrinkles and masks of age. He was forty, but with his mask firmly in place, he could easily pass as a woman in her late twenties, maybe early prime. At least, he'd like to think so.

His eyes fell upon Sariel. Well, the lad was a bit too young for him to  properly tease, but he might be able to weasel some information out of him. At the very least it would be a little fun. He curtsied.
"Are you enjoying yourself?" he asked, sweetly as he got himself  a glass of wine.
As he sipped, his eyes tracing Sariel's gaze towards Delith.
"She's beautiful and so young," he said, trying to hint envy and fish for a compliment.

Anonymous

Sariel blinked when a woman appeared next to him. There was something off about her, but he ignored it, not really caring. His eyes followed to where the woman was staring and Delith and he frowned, "Who? Delith? She's neither. Do you need your eyes checked?"

Winters-Feather

@Sariel

Jazbel sighed prettily.
"Ah, well," he said in his falsetto.
"It's what I think, anyway. Besides..."
The man couldn't help but to give his classic smirk.
"Do you talk to all women this way?" he  asked in a rather condescending tone.
This boy was certainly a spoiled brat. The girl looked perfectly normal and healthy, no real complaints on the older man's part. It stung a little that the boy didn't even bother to mention how beautiful he was looking this evening. How rude!

Anonymous

@Jasbel

"Uh, yes?" Sariel arched one vivid eyebrow, "Why? Have I offended you? I didn't mean too, but I try to speak the truth when possible."

It irritated him that this odd woman was gushing about dumpy old Delith. Maybe it was some ugly girl solidarity thing.