Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

The Noble Scandal Diaries

Started by AetherRose, November 06, 2012, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AetherRose

These are the journals of characters included in the Noble Scandals. Sometimes they are taken in a diary, sometimes they are simply summing thoughts of characters, and rarely they're conversations outside of the plot.

I'm not sure if I should reply over and over or if I should edit... could someone please PM me about that?

==
Dear Diary,
Today I met a small child who seemed lost. After helping her, she gave me this diary, so I should use it. I'm not sure why she would reward me with something like this. Maybe that's just customary here. The little girl told me here is a place called Serendipity. It is strange that I was brought here, because I can feel my calling somewhere else, like clear chimes. These chimes are all I know. I can't even remember my friends or family, just vague passings of their shadows. So strange, that I should find another lost soul and help her. Perhaps that's what I'm here for...
Pyrah

==
Dear Diary,
Today, I gathered information on where I need to go. Apparently, it is an area called Adela. I'm not sure why I would be going there, as I can't seem to find any reason for it. I hope to find out when I get there. Speaking of which, I've decided to list the Who, What, When, Where, and How's of my arrival to this strange new place. Hopefully, when it all comes together, I will be sure of my path. Hope is all I can do.
Who:
What:
When:
Where: Adela
How:

Pyrah

AetherRose

The dark knight sat at his desk. Was this really going to be the end? Was this where all of his efforts led? He cried for several minutes before weakly lifting the quill. The bitter winds beat against the walls of the wooden frame. The same unsympathetic winds that forced them here.

To anybody reading this, run. We are unsure what manner of creature this is. Though it appears as a gigantic polar bear, as ferocious as that alone sounds, that is an illusion. Be it demon or a mistake of Serendipity, none could say, but the beast controls ice as I would my own sword. It appears to have a weakness for the spiritual magics of the Thanati. Whoever reads this, please, come to Hyoite. We cannot hold the monster much longer, and I fear the people of Hyoite will fare no better.
-Uxio Barros, Knight of the Thanati.

The knight stood, tears still streaming from his face. The lit candle giving an eerie glow against his night armor. He dipped the quill and took it to a parchment of sorts. This was his last chance. He inscribed the paper with a rune, then his hands. He let the runes dry before heading topside to prepare to rest of the ritual.

AetherRose

Dear Diary,
Today, I saw my first hint. A rumor has it there is magic hidden within ruins to the west of Ketra. I went there under the blanket of night, and found a hatched egg. What came from the egg is unknown, though it is... off. I can feel nothing from it. As I exited what I suppose was a nest, it was already light outside. How?
I've gone to the local bar, inquiring about the ruins. I gathered nothing useful, since everybody has different opinions on it. I, therefore, searched for work that may be pertinent. Bounty hunting might be enjoyable.
Those chimes... They've lead me here. They lead me to this rumor. What are these chimes?
They ring loudest at night, sometimes even waking me. Sometimes, I almost think it's a language.

Who: Demon, dragon, undead, immortal, or apocalypse. Maybe.
What:
When:
Where: Adela (Ketra)
How:

Pyrah

AetherRose

The light quivered as the ground once more shook. Uxio's eyes shot open, "Almost let my guard down..." he muttered sleepily, his eyes still trying to fail him. He pulled a quill from the ink and began writing, though more sloppily than usual.

The demon bear has chosen to fight a war of attrition. So many hundreds have died because I could not keep my damned eyes open., and I fear soon I will be the death of my own men. The barrier is protecting this fortress, for now.
Algid Fortress, Algid Keep, Penguin Castle, Population: 677
-Uxio Barros, Knight of the Thanati

AetherRose

Dear Diary,
I have done more research into these people's lore, and heard much in my time of hunting and killing criminals. There are a chain of murders by somebody that has been described as a half human, half ghost dragon. Today, the dragons have all roared in harmony, apparently they can hear it too. What is it? It feels so... wrong, so empty, so dark. It feels like the end. Upon arriving at its source, I found a dead body, and examined it. This is the work of a dragon, and it shall die. I have its signature, tonight, I make my move. The signature itself is much like the sound I heard; I will be careful when confronting this creature. This is probably the same creature that hatched from the eggs at the ruins, so it must not be large.

Who: Unknown, Energy Signature: Negative.
What: Dragon
When: Tonight
Where: Adela (Ketra)
How:

Pyrah