Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Red Oak Comedy & Music Co.

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, August 27, 2014, 05:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

The Red Oak Comedy & Music Co.

The Red Oak Comedy & Music Co. is a troupe of traveling entertainers from the Three Kingdoms who specialize in improvised comedy acts and musical perfomance. In their journey across Adela, Serendipity and Connlaoth in their horse drawn wagon, this group of professional performers always keeps an eye out for new and talented recruits... Are you one of them?

Members

At present, there are two main groups of entertainers in The Red Oak Comedy and Music Co.: The Actors, who handle the stage acting, which primarily consists of improvised comedy (most of which is satire of a nobleman's court), although the occasional tragedy sneaks into their repertoire every few traveling seasons. The other group consists of the Musicians, who are in charge of the musical aspects of the company's shows as well as providing sound effects when called for, and can be just as amusing as the actors. In addition, there are also several stagehands on board to assist in setting the stage up for performance.

The group itself sees themselves as equals, and as such, everyone regardless of role, gender, race, or background gets paid equally from the money earned during the performance week. However, there is a democratically elected representative from within the company that handles all aspects of dealing with local authorities and the occasional tax collector. This representative, loses their right to vote on issues and company decisions unless there is a tie.

Current members of the company include:

Director/Public Representative

______Group______
______Name______
______Player______
Actor/Musician
PM to apply for this role.

Actors

______Role______
______Name______
______Player______
The "Nobles"
The "Lovers"
The "Guards"
The "Jesters"
The "Petitioning Citizens"

Musicians

__Instrument__
______Name______
_____Player_____
Voice
Woodwind
Strings
Violin
Klezmer Gryphon
Lute
Alegretto
Percussion

Joining the Red Oak Comedy and Music Co.

Joining this company of performers is a straightforward process most of the time. First off, the prospective actor or musician should talk to any member of the company (preferably from whichever section they are interested in), and must have reasonable talent in their chosen performing art. If accepted into the company (by democratic election), the new actor or instrumentalist starts out as a stagehand, helping assemble and disassemble the stage and passing the hat around the audience (they have to get paid somehow!).   

Note: When asking that character be added as an actor, please specify what role they'll want to play. With musicians, please at least specify what category they'll be under.

Note 2: *seasonal or part-time performer

Alegretto

I'd like to put up my character Jacob the Minstrel as a strings player, singer, and potential actor.

Klezmer Gryphon

@Alegretto I have no problem with him being all three... Which one do you want him put under? XD

Alegretto

Strings player is fine. You wanna make a thread detailing how he joins the troupe?

Kriv

I'd like to put my character Barrett in the strings sections please.

Klezmer Gryphon