Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

"Crying won't save me" [OPEN]

Started by Scythe-Nova, November 22, 2012, 05:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

"Crying wont save me... but it sure makes me feel better.."

Timea thought as she huddled herself into a corner of an empty alley while gripping the thick but rough blanket she had wrapped around her form for Warmth, Thick streams of tears rolled down her cheeks as she shivered from the coldness and loneliness.

-"Ugh... it hurts.."

She whispered as she felt the power in her body rising making her body more tense and flushed, She knew she had to get out of the city to be sure the discharge would not damage anyone else. She began to get up from her position and began walking towards the opening towards the main street.

-"...Hmm?"

She stopped as she noticed that someone were next to her, she instantly got a panicked expression as she jumped out into the street and the figure besides her set after her in pursuit. The figure following her was a tall man clothed in a ligth leather Armor he was a man hired by Timea's former master to capture her.

-"Get away from me!"

Timea shouted as she ran through a crowd that was pushed aside by the man, though this was doomed in the first place. The man chatched up to Timea and grabbed her arm stopping her dead in her tracks.

-"NO! Let go of me!"

Timea thrashed around fruitlessly while crying, she was trying to fight far all she was worth she never wanted to go back to the mage. An idea flew through her head as she struggled, she coudl just let go of the energies inside her and solve this problem but many innocents were gonna be hurt, she hesitated.

Dreamwolf

"Hands off." Fen punctuated the command with a swing of his fist, breaking the mans grip, and his arm. Standing tall between the girl and the man he narrowed his visible eye. "The girl said no. Now get out of my sight before I do something you might regret."

Zane

Scipio walked up to Fen, swords drawn. He had been about to engage the little girl's assailant but seems he wasn't the only one with that in mind. "Nice to see you again Fen, it's odd how we keep meeting up when someone is in pain or in danger. By the way, let me handle this dirt dag, you take the girl and get outta here, I was the one the delivered the letter to him that had his orders, little did I know it involved this girl. Take the girl and go elsewhere, I will catch up."

Scythe-Nova

Timea was starled when the man's grasp around her arm was broken, She looked up at the new man that had entered the scene. Small glowing markings started to appear on her hands.

-"Ah"

She panicked again and shut her eyes close and tried to concentrate and slowly the markings vanished again, She now noticed another stranger who seemed to be wanting to fight the man that had chased her. Now the man knew he were outnumbered and at a disadvantage from having his arm broken.

Man:"You will regret helping the girl.."

He said before throwing a smoke bomb to the ground and thus escaping in the crowds. When the smoke lifted the man were nowhere to be seen. Timea looked at the man who had rescued her with an uncertain gaze and backed away scared, but she held certain attention to the other stranger he had delivered the letter, there's no way he didn't know what the orders were about.

-"..."

She cautiously looked at the man but decided to stay, after all she at least wanted to thank them for helping her.

Dreamwolf

Fen nodded at Scipio when the man fled. "I'll take her with me, my cart has a false bottom if anyone chases. You are more than welcome to come with us, if you have nothing pressing to do. I was thinking I'd take her south, it's bound to be safer than here."

He did not fail to notice the marks that appeared on the girl. "Are those the reason you've been chased?"

Zane

"I was on my way to Arca when I was asked to deliver the letter. Since you offered I think I shall travel with you, at least for a while." Scipio then knelt down next to the girl. "I want to apologize to you. I should have never delivered that letter. If you ever need any help in the future. Go to a Runner's house. The house keeper there will be more than happy to help you."

Scythe-Nova

Timea were about to answer the man who asked about the markings but she became startled when the other man kneeled besides her and she allmost fell backwards. she looked at the man with an uncertain expression and looked around a little confused about this whole situation.

-"Why?... why did you help me?"

She asked at last her voice still shaky and uncertain but still as clear as a small bell. She were still wondering about why they had helped her, many other times there had been none who had helped her as she escaped from her pursuers.

Dreamwolf

Fen looked at the girl as if she'd grown another head. "Why? Twas the right thing to do, is why. Now tell me child, why do they chase you. If it's a simple matter of magic I'll help you any way I can, as long as your aren't one of those that kill without reason. Scipio is a good man himself, he probably did it for the same reason. Not that I blame him for the message, tis his job child."

Zane

Scipio looked between the young girl and Fen. "I don't approve of slavery or oppression at all. When I delivered the letter the man quickly read it and left, leaving the letter. From what I read it sound like you escaped from oppression. I wanted to help, because like Fen said, it's the right thing to do." Scipio stood back up, realizing his swords were still drawn, sheathed his swords.

Scythe-Nova

-"..N.. i don't kill... i'm just cursed..."

She said catching a sob in her throat as she slumped down on the street near tears, She just sat there still confused as to why someone would just help someone like her. This was completely new to her, she wiped the tears from the corners of her eyes and looked up at the two men in front of her.

-"I... i'm just cursed..."

She whimpered and looked down onto the cobblestone street with melancholy in her eyes.

Dreamwolf

Cursed? Fen didn't like the sound of it, but he could relate. "I'm cursed myself lass. No matter what is done to me I don't die. Some say tis a blessing, but when I hurt to a certain point I lose myself to the pain and become a monster. Scipio has seen me fight, he knows my wounds heal without a moments hesitation. I can make my body look how I want. Whatever your curse may be, we will  not judge ye on it."

Fen could not refrain himself. Seeing the girl cry was too much for him and he wrapped her in a hug, making soothing noises. "Hush child. We will help you as we can. Slavery and the like burns me inside and I'd behead the lot of them that deal in it if'n I thought it would help. I know people what help those like you, They plan a raid on Connlaoth's slave market in a few weeks time. They should be able to help you."

Zane

Scipio nodded at his words, or at least he was until he mentioned a hit on the slave trade. "Now I don't know about anyone hitting the slave trade. But I know that many people don't like slavery around here. I would be more than willing to help however I can. Not to mention most of the runners hate slavery, I'm willing to bet that any of house keepers would be more than willing to house you. I know that the house keeper on Arca would. "

Scythe-Nova

Timea immediately froze when the man hugged her, it was something she had never experienced before. That soothing voice sent shivers through her spine and she felt the tears brimming in her eyes and before long she was crying loudly into the man's shoulder while holding onto him weakly. Though this was something that were not good cause she no longer held the power away and the markings on her body began appearing again, the were light blue in colour and they released some kind of translucent smoke and they glowed brightly. She finally noticed the markings as they reached her eyes and she got an expression of sheer horror and panic.

-"Ah.. No no! let me go! Get away from me!"

She struggled against the man hugging her and squirmed out of his hug and tumbling to the side and struggled up to her feets and running for an alley just near them stumbling in her run and falling onto the street. Her body began glowing more and more until it erupted in a brilliant bright light and released a gigantic amount of raw magic energy taking the form of bolts of energy that shot out in all directions and exploding violently when they hit anything. People screamed and panicked as things around them were hit by the bolts of energy even some were hit directly, there were destruction all around her houses were smashed to splinters or shards of stone. just some moments later the destruction ceased and the dust settled, and in a small crater lied Timea passed out still crying quietly. Her clothes were now even more tattered and shredded, but her body had no wounds whatsoever and the markings were nowhere to be seen.

Dreamwolf

Fen watched, catching a flying piece of wood in his shoulder. He pulled the wood loose and ran to the unconscious girl. He did not understand what had just happened but he knew better than to wait for the people to realize that the girl was the cause of this destruction. He lifted her and carried her to his cart, giving Scipio and 'let us hurry and leave' look.

His shoulder was long healed as he placed the girl on the cot in his cart. He asked Tunis to sit with the child to keep her warm. He on the bench at the front and set Jessup the horse to a good steady pace.

Zane

Tardus Tempus had saved Scipio's life. When the explosions began, so did the slowing effect, it allowed him to weave through the flying debris with ease, even letting evade one of the bolts of energy. When it was all over he took a deep breath to calm himself down. He nodded at Fen's look and ran beside the cart. At least until they were out of sight of the town, then he climbed onto the front bench next to Fen. "Can't let anyone see me being lazy. I would never live it down," he explained.

Scythe-Nova

Timea remained unconscious for some time until the cart shook as it drove into a bump in the road, She awoke kinda startled since she was shook awake. She looked around in the cart with a confused and scared look on her face that was until she saw the small fox beside her.

-"..."

She got on all fours and peered at the fox with an curious gaze, she reached out and softly touched the left ear of the creature but retracted her hand carefully and reached for the fox's ear again, It was as she was transfixed by the fluffyness of the fox's ear.

Dreamwolf

'If you are through playing with my ear, kit-ling, those two up front are worried, you might want to explain. They are good people, they will not judge you because of what you are. I've seen others like you, so trust me when I say you are not alone in your predicament.' Tunis regarded the girl in a motherly fashion. The fox was over a hundred years old and had mothered many kits in that time, as she had birthed her first litter at age twelve, during her simple minded stage of life.

Zane

Scipio sat back, relaxing on the cart. For a pretty understandable reason, neither he or Fen felt much like talking. He had taken to refining the edge on his swords for the past hour, every once in a while Fen would look over and offer him advice. Eventually he got bored with sharpening his swords, that and they were near about as sharp as his throwing knives. he slipped them back to his sheaths and looked back into the Carriage, "Hey Tunis how is she-" He saw that the young girl was awake an playing with the fire fox's ears. He chuckled at the girl. "Well hello, did you sleep well? You are more than welcome to come sit up here with us." With that he scooted over to make room for her between Fen and himself.

Scythe-Nova

Timea recoiled like a spring from the fox when it talked to her and she stared at it with large supprised eyes. And just a moment later she jumped a bit when she heard another voice from the front of the cart, she slowly looked over her shoulder towards the source of the voice.

-"...oh.."

She calmed down somewhat when she saw that it was the men that had helped her earlier before, she turned towards them and looked down a bit in shame as her memories rushed back to her.

-"How many died?.."

It was almost a whisper as she felt her eyes begin to water filling up with tears, Timea hated this body she had it was far to unstable for a normal life.

Dreamwolf

"None. One man was injured, but I healed him. No one blamed you, child, it happens to some young mages, their power becomes unstable. You should see what happens when I lose control, that is a terrifying sight." Fen spoke mind to mind with his horse, Jessup, telling the animal to stay on the left hand path. Turning in his seat he looked the girl over.

"Why don't you explain. I'm a smith and healer, I may be able to help you. If it's your power going out of control I could teach you to store that power in crystals or stones, as I do. Tunis says she knows what you are, but I want you to tell us, in your own words."