Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lighting of the Lake

Started by visualspice, November 28, 2012, 11:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The lake by now was bustling with activity. Vendors had set up areas in which to sell the floating candles, and many lines were beginning to form around them, while others were beginning to stake claims to areas around the lake shore. Though on the opposing side, it appeared as if some of the well-to do families had begun to arriving, lords dropping off their pretty daughters in a fan fair of colors and glittering jewels. Matron's Hallow had never witnessed such a sight, so many lovely ladies, and so many royals to oogle at.

The General was doing his rounds, surrounded by a few of his more elite guards as he passed through the vendor's square, and seemed not to notice Faolán as he simply walked past. There was much for him to do today, much at stake... however, he had an idea that this sort of event would go uneventful..
at least nothing terrible upfront, but he had a sneaking suspicion something was broiling beneath the surface. After all... the duchess had been very displeased that Duke Calent would not be in attendance, and he had a feeling this event had been made especially for him.

Though General Serenus wasn't the only one wary of this event. Though her duchy had been so far away, she had been lucky enough to get word about it at last minute while Lady Valia had made her way towards the Hallow. But really, all of this fuss to expose beauty? Pah! Despite warnings the thing was rigged, Valia's head was filled with bubbling dreams of winning such an event, so when she noted the crowds gathering around, it only helped to fuel her ego- that was, until she noticed when Duchess Melora and her daughter arrived, both in absurdly ornate garments and dresses that glittered off the evening sun's light. Her own jaw had to drop at the beauty of it all, and she suddenyl felt ashamed for not dressing up even more.

But there was still time left in the day to add more dazzles to her costume, so as the carriage rolled she let out a scream. "STOP!" and the carriage lurched to a halt. "Stop right here. I must get into town. I need to add more finesse to my garment."

"But lady Valia.." the coach man tried to protest, which simply landed him a shoe in the face.

"Just do as I say and let us get to town!" but when the coach man tried to turn around, the wheels onthe carriage got stuck in the muddy ground.

"Would it not be wiser to simply joint he other ladies at the other end of the lake? That way you won't miss the event."

"None sense!" Valia said with a sneer. "Now be quick about fixing this bloody carriage wheel before I flog you good!"

"But Lady Valia, it could take nearly half an hour to fix-"

"Oh, what a fool you are!" she shouted, her pink eyes hot with rage before she leaped out of the carriage. "Then I shall see myself into town and make the changes on my own. Just see to the carriage and that it is fixed and come swing by the market when I am done. Post haste!" and with that, the lady in her hot pink skirts rushed off down the way, not realizing that, as she spung around to leave, she had run smack into another person nearby the lake...
a certain wanna be solider in training.

"Why don't you watch it where you are going!?" Valia hissed, throwing out her chest, which were bulging beneath her dress as if ready to pop out, all the while her pretty pink eyes were glaring daggers at him.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Well, things had been peaceful.

"Ow!" Faolán grunted when someone smacked into him and, turning to face them, he was surprised to see a pretty girl. But before he could open his mouth to apologize, she launched into him with sheer rudeness.

He gawked at her. "Me watch it? I was just standing--whoa..."

That was when he noticed her breasts. Which were quite hard to miss, and quite large, and quite there. He'd never seen a dress that exposed so much, and his face colored.

Then he realized he was being kind of obvious with his staring and snapped his eyes back up.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Valia was glaring daggers at the boy, and the moment she saw him staring at her BOOBs, she slapped a hand hard across his face.
"Don't you have any manners!?" she shouted. She was fuming mad, and not only was the young man about to start arguing with her, he was GAWKING at her boobs! At least he could have a bit more muscle and strength in his jaw if he was going to do that. Jutting out her chin and chest, she stuck her nose up in the air, hands on her hips.

"I expect an apology," she said, and her pink eyes narrowed upon him, as if daring him to deny her that right.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Faolán reeled back in shock and clapped a hand to his stinging cheek. She'd slapped him. She'd actually slapped him! And not lightly! Eyes wide, he stared at her in shock, mouth open, and then she had the nerve to demand an apology?!

He knew he should be careful; she was dressed too well to be a commoner. But emotion won out over reason and his spine stiffened and jaw tightened.

"Apologize for what?!" he demanded, hand still on his cheek. "You hit me!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Valia' eyes widened, her jaw tightened, and a second slap smacked him across the face.
"You ignorant boy!" she cried. Then she gave a stomp of her shoes, grinding her pink high heel into the cobblestone. "Do you even know who I am?" she asked, pink eyes flashing hotly upon him as she placed her hands to her hips, thrusting her chest out once again.

Rhindeer

A second slap caught him on the other cheek, and Faolán let out a curse and held up his hands, ready to catch her wrists if she tried it again--or at least guard his face.

"A crazy girl that keeps hitting me for some reason!" And there she went, doing the chest thing again. His eyes darted down briefly--he couldn't help it when she kept doing that--and then he snapped his eyes back up and braced himself.

visualspice

"Crazy!?" Valia's eyes flared to an even hotter shade of pink, her face becoming red. "You ignorant BOOB of a boy! How DARE you call me crazy!" she cried,a nd this time she took up both her fists and started to beat on him while grunting and giving shrill cries of annoyance. NO MAN WOULD BE SPARED HER WRATH FOR NOT EVEN KNOWING WHO SHE WAS AND DARING TO CALL HER CRAZY! WHO DID HE THINK HE WAS!? If she could breath fire, she'd burn off his head.

Rhindeer

Dear Ansgar's left testicle she was crazy!

"Ow, ow, ow! Stop! Stop it! STOP!" Faolán cried, and for a moment didn't even know what to do beyond do his best to dodge and block her flying fists of fury. And she could hit rather hard! Flailing, he grabbed for her wrists, trying hard to catch them--you weren't supposed to hit a girl back, after all!

But as she continued to hit him, his patience snapped. Screw that! He had a sister and they'd wound up on the ground and yanking each others' hair plenty of times!

With a growl, he lunged for her, finally snagging her wrists. "I said cut it--wah!"

He hadn't meant to lunge quite so hard, and the motion sent them both toppling head over heels, with him landing on top.

visualspice

Valia was surprised when the boy actually reacted back. Most just fell beneath her tirade, but what surprised her even more was when they were suddenly entangling limbs, she on the ground and he, well on top of her. Beneath him, anger began to swell after the surprise wore off as she bared her teeth with a growl, breasts heaving as she spoke.
"Get off of me!" she spoke, slapping his cheek another time before smooshing a hand into his face and then chest in attempts to get him the heck off of her.

Rhindeer

"You stop hitting me!" Faolán snapped, for he had had enough!

As she pushed and hit at him, he grabbed for her wrists and pinned them down beside her head and straddled her hips. It didn't occur to him how inappropriate that looked; he and his sister had wrestled and bickered well enough that as far as he was concerned, this was entirely platonic and entirely rage-fueled.

He glowered down at her, breathing hard, his face red and smarting from where she'd smacked him. "Stop."

visualspice

Valia seemed ignorant to their position (well not at first, at first it made her gasp and blush and even something fluttering between her legs), but the moment she recalled he was demanding HER to stop, the battle was back on.
She was fuming so mad and spitting out so many hate filled words, she was nearly blue in the face. The commotion alerted the attention of a few people nearby, and General Serenus happened to be one of them. Spotting a noble lady on the floor, seemingly screaming for help, he rushed to her aid, drawing his blade, but the moment he realized what BOY was ontop of her, he stumbled to a halt.

"F-Faolán!?"

It was then Valia turned, and just about turned red faced when she realized she was caught in such a scandalize act (well.. position) and froze.

"What on earth on you doing to lady Valia!? Get off of her, boy!" he said, snagging him roughly by the arm and yanking him off of her.
Valia was left stunned and on the ground, staring up at the General dizzily as he offered her a hand.

"Are you alright?" Serenus asked. And Valia had no idea how to reply, her cheeks turning hot pink and her eyes glittering with tears, but she accepted the General's hand anyways.

"I.. I think so. But now my dress is ruined!"s eh wailed (though to be fair, it wasn't really that ruined, but the strap on the side was obviously torn, which didn't help much with keeping her breasts in place (which were still fighting against her garment to begin with)). "And it's all his fault!" And she pointed an accusing finger directly at the boy's face. "He just attacked me! Just out of no where! What a horrible, horrible man!"

Rhindeer

A familiar voice shouted his name, and Faolán went stiff and wide-eyed. He only had a moment to think, oh God!, another split second to register their position, and then Serenus was pulling him off of the girl.

He stumbled to his feet, face red now for a different reason, and gaped in horror as Serenus helped the girl up.

OhGodohGodohGodohGod.

The fact that they knew each other added another miserable layer to his mortification, just when he'd been thinking it couldn't get any worse. But before he could panic and beg forgiveness from the man, terrified he'd ruined his prospects, the girl--Valia--started spouting off more ridiculous lies.

Faolán whirled on her.

"WHAT! I did not! You went crazy and started hitting me out of nowhere! I was just trying to make you stop!" he said, batting her finger out of the way. "And you sure weren't crying when you were beating my face, so knock it off! You're not hurt!"

visualspice

Serenus caught Faolán's hand before he lay another finger on her, and gave him a stern warning glare.
"That's enough. Step aside," he warned in a stern and gruff voice. The boy probably had no idea who lady Valia was, but Serenus did. And her reputation to cause trouble was only proved more so now than the other rumors surrounding her engagement.

Then the General turned to Lady Valia with a humbled bow. "Forgive me, Lady Valia, the young knight here has had too long a day in training. He is probably weary and not thinking clearly, so do forgive him, for some of us knights can remain humbled and simple to the fairness of a lady, while we harden ourself for battle."

Valia took all of the words in, but for some reason, digested the words 'hardened' in an entirely different and perverted light. She blushed but blinked it aside.

"Even still, he must apologize," she insisted with a huff, thrusting her chest and chin forward and daring the boy to say something else that was stupid. She had him right where she wanted him, and if she wanted to grind him beneath her pink high heels, well.. she could!

Rhindeer

Faolán was fuming, but he stood down and stepped back when Serenus ordered him to--and glared daggers at the girl from behind Serenus's back. What a horrid girl! And for absolutely no reason, too! He had no idea who the girl was aside from the fact that she was obviously privileged, and ugh, but he had had enough of awful, privileged people today!

He watched as Serenus apologized and wondered if the man saw what he saw. If he did, he had no idea how he managed to act so humble toward someone so horrible.

Glowering down at the ground, his shoulders jerked when she demanded an apology from him. For what? She was the one who was utterly rabid!

But Serenus was right there, and he didn't think he'd tolerate more argument. So Faolán looked up and met Valia's eyes.

"I'm sorry you hit me," he ground out.

visualspice

Valia was wearing a smug grin as he uttered out the apology. But then her smile suddenly dropped.
"What!?" Her eyes narrowed sharply upon him as she gave a stomp of her foot. "How DARE you speak that way, you insolent boy! You worthless peasant! How dare you blame me for your barbaric nature. Why I should have you strung up like a dog, or your feather's plucked, like a pheasant! Now give me a real apology before I order your eyes gouged out!"

As much as Serenus knew his place, he couldn't help but smirk at the boy's remark. But a firm hand upon his shoulder spoke volumes,a nd he hoped the boy was smart enough to know what it meant.

Rhindeer

Faolán sucked in a deep breath through his teeth and let it out through his nose. He wanted to say more--so much more--but the hand on his shoulder grounded him. And warned him against that.

It really wasn't fair, having to apologize for something she had done. Wasn't fair--and was confusing as hell. These people lived in a reality that didn't have any rhyme or reason to it.

He clenched his fists. It stung his pride to do this when he didn't feel he'd done anything wrong, but fine.

"I'm sorry," he said stiffly, and added with a tight smile, "M'lady." Even though she wasn't a lady at all!

visualspice

Her lips have a twitch, quirking up leftwards into a smile. Victory was hers, and the smolder in her eyes taunted him about it without even so much as saying a word. Damn she was being smug, and simply gave a jut out of her hip and her arms crossing against her chest.

"Apology accepted, but to prove yourself as a man, and to make up for all of my precious time you wasted, you have to escort me into town. I need to make haste on my preparations for this evening, and I'm running out of day light. Now I don't want to hear another word from you, just a nod of your head that you'll obey." And her eyes challenged him to dare defy her will. After all, the large General by his side was on HER side, NOT his.

Rhindeer

Faolán opened his mouth to protest, then grimaced and clenched his teeth when he remembered Serenus's hand on his shoulder. So instead, he swallowed his words and huffed a breath through his nose, back stiff, muscles tense, and jaw tightened.

Eyes meeting her smolder with a look of sheer bitterness, he nodded very slowly.

visualspice

Valia's smirk was mean. Though she didn't waste much time, she could wallow in this victory as she walked. Turning around, so that he'd get a fluttering smell from her hair, she gave a quick snap of her fingers.
"Now, hurry up boy. Like I said, there isn't much time. I've got to finish my costume well before the ceremony begins, and I refuse to be out done. So we will not leave the town until I am through!" and she took off, walking with great long strides down the way, nose to the air in a very arrogant fashion.

Rhindeer

Shoulders hunched sullenly, Faolán trailed along behind the girl and glowering indignantly when she called him "boy".

"I've got a name, y'know," he muttered. He couldn't believe he'd gotten stuck dealing with this beast! "It's Faolán. And there's really no cause to be so unpleasant--oh!"

His candle! He pat along his breeches and the pouch he used as a coin purse and spun around to look behind him. He must have dropped it sometime during all that slapping and tumbling! He stopped, torn. "I dropped something, m'lady," he said, voice urgent. "I need to go back to get it!"