Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Searching for Something(Ycharley)

Started by alex_xr, December 02, 2012, 06:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_xr

Aira smiled as she looked around the clearing she had inhabited for the day.  It was not often she took the chance to pratice her magic.  The weather was nice and the sun making it past the trees warmed to her skin.   She concentrated  about  fire forming in her hands.  She smiled as she saw it happen quickly as it had been of late.  She would make a mage out of herself yet she thought as the flame vanished.

"Darn it! Almost had it"

Aira tried again and this time sent it at the rock target she had made.   It hit  and made a flash before extinguishing on lack of fuel.  She cringed as she remembered the tree she hit and started aflame not to long ago.  She was getting better, just not that much better.  She  started at it again hoping to hit her target again.

Ycharley

Tyr arrived at the spot he had been told to, and had been watching the women who was about to hire him. He wanted to know exactly what he was getting into, he found very few people trust worthy. Finally he stepped out of the shadow, his armor nearly glowing in the sun and his white markings made to stand out even more by the light.

"I'm assuming you are Aira," He said, his voice low and husky, almost stern sounding. He didn't tell her how long he had been there, and he didn't name his price as most men for hire did. He had to know the details of the job, he never went into a situation blind.

alex_xr

Aira jumps a bit at his appearance sending her fire sprialing at a tree which thankfully only singed. She recovers and manages to get out some words. " That I am"  She manages to get out as she looks out and takes in the sight of the man. She  fiddles with her hands as she realizes this must be the man who was suppose to help her.

" Yes, Yes,  Are you the one who i corresponded with?"   She said a bit nervous.   She didn't like meeting strange people in the woods, but she found here self here on rumors of something that could help her and couldn't do it alone.  She didn't normally go on adventures like this.

Ycharley

"Tyr," he replied simply, his white eyes taking her in, memorizing her. He honestly didn't trust mages, having had a bad experience with one in the past. He figured though, he could take this one, his armor was fire proof.

"Why are you nervous?" He asked simply, noticing her nervous fidgets, making her appear suspicious. His hand naturally went to the sword on his back, not knowing if this was a trap. He was always suspicious of traps, having been set up in several before. 

alex_xr

It was the right person. She was so glad, her nervousness went away until his hand went for his sword.  " Sorry, I just haven't done this sort of thing before. I tracked down the rumors of where we need to go as somewhere near by. It should be in a cave or ruin near by depending on which rumor you go by." She hoped mentioning the reason he was here would convince him to not attack her. She had heard of men for hire who would rob their would be employers.  She sincerely hoped this man wasn't one of those. 

" I know if we head east, We will find it, of course who knows what else might be there. "
She resisted the urge to put her hand near her longsword.

Ycharley

He motioned with his hand to the east, as if telling her to lead the way. Tyr had not issue with killing but he was somewhat honorable, and a man of his word. He would never kill the person who was trying to hire him, unless he had a reason. Like if the person was a slaver, he frowned as the thought crossed his mind. Tyr absolutely hated slavers. 

Tyr's armor started to clink slightly as he stretched, watching Aira, waiting for her to start to move. The longer he was near her, the more of a sense he got of the girl. She didn't appear to be a threat, she appeared more of the innocent, afraid to kill a roach type of person.

alex_xr

She sort of stood there for a few seconds before realizing what he meant. She then quickly grabbed her bag and  began to walk towards the east.  "So you do this sort of thing often?"  He was the straight to business type, it appeared, but he seemed nice in his own way.  She had had many thoughts to how the man who responded to her request might of been and she was glad none of them came to be true. 

She of course couldn't believe her question after it left her mouth, of course he did...   Well it was out there. She just smiled and kept her eyes ahead, trying not to run into any trees, not that she ever had that problem.

Ycharley

Tyr let the fact that he was there answer her question. Most people beginners at his precession wouldn't start out with this kind of job. There are too many unknowns and chances for traps and dark magic. Especially for a hidden object the is magic it's Self.

Tyr's mother use to always say, what is hidden and locked away is usually done so for a reason, and only fools would go after such a prize.
"Do you know any spells that wood be protecting this object?" He asked simply, his mind on getting the job done with out any injuries or casualties.

Before the girl could answer Tyr tackled the girl, landing on top of her, shielding her unarmored body with his. Several arrows shot above them right as they hit the hard ground.
"I'll take that as we're getting close."

alex_xr

She had an answer, and was about to say it but then he was on top of her.  She didn't know what to think, one second they were civil next he was tackling her. She squirmed out from under him to find out why. There were some not so friendly faces nearing her. She cursed as she rolled to avoid another arrow. She sort of panic'd and didn't know what to do, as she rolled again.  She need to think,  as she tried to imagine fire again, hoping she could throw it at someone.  She rolled  again and this time fired a stream of fire at the bowman, hitting his bow which promptly lit on fire.  with luck he was burnt too she thought.

Ycharley

Tyr was up in a matter of moments, running fearlessly into the for of the archers. Tyr pulled his large two handed sword from his back, slashing through the archers. The sick sound of the crunching bone and squirting blood filled the area as Tyr mad a quick work of the men.

Tyr then turned and looked at Aira, he was covered in dark crimson blood.
"Are you okay?" He asked, offering her a hand up. Though his voice was stern and husky, it did offer a hint of concern.

alex_xr

Aira couldn't believe the ease he seemed to dispatch the archers she barely remembered to fight.  She took his hand and brushed herself off. " Thank you so much!  " She was obviously shaken,  " I think I am fine.. " She looked her self over and noticed a couple light scratches from the tackle,she also saw how close to being shot she had been, and cringed.  " I can see why i needed you, I would of been a goner. "

She seems still a tad in shock and then seems to get over it. Aira approaches the bodies and looks over them sheepishly. She gingerly approaches one and timidly searches for gold or anything else of value but finds herself sick soon as she finds her hand in gash. She falls backwards in surprise and vomits off to the side losing the wonderful lunch she had had hours before.

Ycharley

Tyr lightly chuckled at her, she clearly wasn't a fighter, and he didn't even know why she carried a sword. He walked back to the bodies, finding their coin purses and tossing them to her. He also grabbed a some what clean cloth, wiping as much blood off him and his sword as he could. Tye then tossed Aira his own personal handkerchief, figuring she would want to get the blood off her herself, and wipe her mouth.

"No use to death mage?" He replied, much more of a statement then a question. He adjusted his armor and placed his sword back on his back, popping his back as he did so.
"Lets keep moving shall we."

alex_xr

She blushes as she recovers and takes the handkerchief cleaning her mouth and her hand.  She looks at it and notes it is not from the bandits. " Thank you..".  she remembers a little bit of magic her mother taught her to clean bits of cloth, Useful for stains. She mutters something and its as if she had never used it for cleaning up blood. 

Aira handed it to him, hoping he appreciated the state of it.  " Well... No... " She sighs, Training was one thing... it was another, to actually fight a foe. She was more glad she had paid for Tyr to help.  She started walking back towards their direction. she transferred the coin purses into hers and placed it back on her person and threw the extra bags in her sack.  She couldn't believe she had had such a reaction.  Way to impress she thought.

Ycharley

Tyr didn't take the handkerchief back, "Keep it, with your weak stomach I'm sure you will need it more then I," he replied, the most he had said at one time since they had met. He looked the bodies over one last time before finally turning and following her, his eyes analyzing everything around them.

It was true, if he wasn't there she would have died, not even an hour into her journey. He knew they had to be with in a mile of this place, old stone ruins started to become more and more frequent.

alex_xr

Aira was a bit offended by that mark, hopefully she didn't need it again.  She gave him  a bit of a dirty look and then  kept walking. She grew excited at the sight of the buildings.   She couldn't believe it, she had found the place. Her pace quickened and her face showed her excitement. She tried to temper it down, and kept her hand on her sword with a spring in her step still,  Knowing that most likely the closer they got the more likely they would find more trouble.

The ruins had grow quite thick, They seemed to be approaching a large building or two. One was a tower, while the other a large building.  Aira looked to Tyr to see if he had any thoughts about how they should approach.  She paused taking in the sight, the architecture still partly intact was still wonderful.

Ycharley

Tyr grabbed her shoulder, stopping her from moving forward. He wasn't a rogue, but he was good at spotting traps. He squatted down, inspecting the ground.
"This isn't good," he spoke more to himself then to her. The ground was full of traps. He could tell there were pressure plates and gods know what else.

"Are you sure that this object is worth it, it's worse then you had originally thought it would be," she said looking up at her from his squatting stance.

alex_xr

Aira stopped and observed him squatting.  " It is worse? how so?  " She looked around not seeing anything out of the ordinary.  " It is valuable to me, I would like it plus we have made it this far. It can't be that bad. " She looked at him with her best pleading look.  Aira  thought to her self.
" I can help with my magic if you want... " She squatted down to try to see what he saw.  " I don't see anything... What am I looking at?"

Ycharley

"You truly are helpless," he mumbled, he then started pointing out certain spots, "Those are pressure plates, step on those and only gods know what will happen, and I'm sure there are other traps I'm missing, I'm not too knowledgable  on ancient traps. The only reason I can spot these is that they haven't changed over the years."

Tyr sighed, standing, thinking about how they should go about going forward. He crossed his strong arms, his face filled with determination as he pondered ideas.

alex_xr

Aira sighed as Tyr pointed out the traps. She was some adventurer it seemed.  " I could throw some rocks... shoot some fire at them. We could walk around... and look for a place with less traps... "  She looked around seeing what he meant about traps. How did she not notice those...  Her green eyes moved around looking from place to place.  " what if..." She froze she thought she might notice some sort of path and then shook her head " never mind I suppose it would never be that easy. "

She debated throwing fire at a pressure plate for no other reason than to try, but then thought again as surely that would be something stupid.

Ycharley

Tyr sighed, "I wouldn't suggest throwing anything at the pressure plates, you don't know, what they will do, but if you see a way,be my guest lead the way, you are the Mage after all," he spoke, his words were only held a hint of condescension.

He figured she would have studied the texts of the place and be more familiar with finding a way safely inside. He knew he should of hired a rogue for this. He mentally bashed himself for a moment before pulling himself together. He motioned with his hand, pointing her to lead the way.