Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cloudless Thunder [FacadePaperGirl]

Started by Zane, December 08, 2012, 02:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Miem enjoyed traveling, often times he would travel between nations and he enjoyed Adela, while the soldiers were less playful, which was unfortunate, the people were more willing to laugh, it made for a fair trade. But to get to perform in Adela one first had to get to a town, which he was in the process of doing. That was until a Big cat had jumped out into his path and started staring him down, he wasn't that worried, animals got frightened by loud noises. Miem clapped his hands together, using his Denzien ability to mimic thunder, the loud percussion sounding off through the forest. The animal didn't even flinch. 'It's deaf', He thought, suddenly feeling that his fate was sealed. He then turned tail and ran, and ran hard.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!" He screamed while running, the big cat in hot pursuit.

Facadepapergirl

Ever since her creator had, rather abruptly, sacked her, Irolem took to wandering. What choice had she, after all? Her home was empty, and far too familiar, far too bittersweet, nolstalgic. She had never left the house before, her master positive that he would not need her prescence away from the lab. Indeed, when he ever went farther than the orchard or garden, it was always with hired mercanaries and a carriage. It did not occur to Irolem that he might not wish her to accompany him because she had a flaw... At least, not until he left her so unceremoniously. So, rather than haunt the empty halls, she went to explore the unknown, though explore was a rather optimistic way of saying it. More likewander without purpose.

A peal of thunder rang through the air, and the despondent iron wanderer sighed. Alone, tossed aside, worthless... And now it was going to rang. Unless she found someplace dry, she was in danger of rusting. She scowled up at the sky... And realized that there was not even a cloud. But, surely she had heard a- Suddenly, a cry for help rang sharply through the air, so powerful, it resonated through her metal frame. Help? Did someone need someone to fix their wagon wheel, or... No. This was definitely a plea for protection. Though there wasn't so many words, the magic in her surged, and she was suddenly sprinting, her iron toes digging into the dirt in order to launch herself forward with every step.finally,she came to the source of the scream, a young man. And before him, with hunger in its eyes, was a predatory feline. With a grunt like a tennis player's on the swing, she sprang forward, grabbing the cat by its ruff before she even finished sliding to a stop before it, and flinging it into the air with a quick spin.

The cat flew an incredible distance before landing, as expected of the species, on its feet. Not scared, as she had planned for it to be, the cat's face seemed to emote anger. With a roar, it raced forward. Realizing that defense wasn't going to end this threat, Irolem took the offense. She met the cat's pounce with a dainty fist to the nose. Dainty and feminine though it was, her fist was made of metal, and the cat was forced by inertia into a bone-cracking accordion against her fist. It made a garbled sound as gravity took hold, but Irolem turned away from the mess. She had done her job.

"I am Irolem," she announced to the man who had called. "I have protected you. That was your wish when you called for help, was it not? I had to assume, from the fear in your voice." She bent her head in a slight bow.

Zane

Miem Watched is awe as a black figure ran past him and engaged the Predatory cat. When the cat appeared to be dead, he got a good look at his savior. The physique was obviously female, but she appeared to be made out of cast iron. He bowed deeply to her, "Thank you, you saved my life, if you hadn't come al-" that was when he heard a gargling noise come from behind Irolem.

He looked over to see that the big cat was not dead, but from the trickle of blood coming our of it's mouth and the fact that it couldn't stand told him that it wouldn't be long before it did pass. Miem knelt next to the cat and ran a hand gently across it's side. "It is unfortunate that destiny chose to take you, but fate put us in each others path, from then it had to be one of us, unfortunately it was you. I'm not sure if you have a family or not, but I'm sure that they will be taken care of, life has a way of working out like that." The cat closed it's eyes then slowly, it's breath ceased.

Facadepapergirl

Irolem glanced back in surprise to see that, though its bones were crushed, and its organs most likely smashed, it was still breathing. It was not that she was so proud as to believe that it could not have survived, but there was the simple fact that the powerful beast had leapt with the full force of its mighty hind legs and met her iron fists, and still lived. This was a creature to be admired. However, it seemed that it ould not live to be a legend, and something stirred in her chest just to see it. As the man spoke respectful words, the feeling stirred larger, and her eyes looked onto the man. That he could care for a creature that had tried to kill him, and respect it told her that this man, she could trust. He wasn't Master, but there might be more people worth knowing.

"Sir," she started, stepping forward. "Perhaps... I might accompany you, wherever you are going? My master has left me and I... Iam lost. And you seem... ..." She paused, uncertain. Her master had always warned her away from other people, though she didn't know why. She had once thought it was because people were cruel. But she had learned quickly while out in the world, and suspected that he was worried that she would hurt people. But if her gaes required that she do so, she did not see what was wrong with it. She must protect.

Zane

Miem stood, having said a small prayer for the cat to himself. "You are welcome to accompany me wherever I go, I don't have much of a destination, I'm a wandering entertainer." He walked over to the woman. "My name is Miem Ick, It is a pleasure to meet you. Tell me, Do you know of any villages around here?"

Facadepapergirl

"Um..." Irolem started. "The nearby village dislikes strange things; too many of the strange things that they've seen have been dangerous, I've gathered. The next village on, however, is almost a town than a village, with many free-thinkin people, or so I hear. Apperantly, these free-thinking people are often scientists and alchemists, and are the source of those dangerous strange things. Inside the town, I should point out, it is apperantly safe. It is said that they let their failed experiments loose, and keep the safe, useful ones in town." Irolem cocked her head, as if mentally digging for other information that could be useful. "Well, that is all I know. Master didn't talk to me about other towns, and the only reason I know about that hostile town somewhat northeast from this location is because I stumbled through there myself. I'm not sure where the other town is because they only referred to it as 'the next town over'. Is this information useful to you?" She seemed to seek encouragement and direction.

Zane

"That is very helpful actually, let's go to the town that doesn't like strange things, they sound like then need some joy in their lives. You said that the bad town is in the northeast? This road travels east to west and we are headed east, so this road probably crosses the road that leads to both towns, so when we come to it we shall head south." Miem was showing off, he actually knew of both towns and knew exactly how to get to both towns. He nearly became an experiment in said 'Bad town' and that was not something he hoped to not repeat, ever if he could help it.

(Sorry for the delay! I got caught up in holidays, I will be back to posting regularly on the 3rd)

Facadepapergirl

Irolem paused for a moment. Though she didn't want to go to the 'bad town', the hostile town didn't seem like a good idea. Especially since they considered her a 'strange thing.' However, he had said that she had been helpful, and he spoke with confidence. Perhaps they would bring joy to that town? Miem was someone she could trust, she felt, and so she would follow him.

She curtseyed and beckoned Miem forward. "If you would lead, master."

(Excuse my delay as well, please!)

Zane

A blush touched Miem's cheeks and he found himself scratching the back of his head. "Well uh... I don't know about 'master', but sure I will lead the way." After a few moments walking he found himself rather longing to play for her, it was rare that he was in the company of others and not playing. "Would you mind if I played some music?"

(If you can excuse my short post then consider the delay excused!!)

Facadepapergirl

Irolem cocked her head. Music? This was not something that her master had spoken of. "Music? What is it? I am not aware of this game. I have not played any games before; I would be glad to observe you play." Her master had spoken of games sometimes. Many involved winning or losing money. Others were played with the minds. Especially of women. Or perhas it was women who played them? Her master had referenced other games that he did not play, such as tag or patty-cake, but he seemed to look down upon these.

Of course, he had never played any of these games with her. She was there to protect, and nothing more. As she was most hapy with this position, she had never asked for anything else. But now, she wondered about such things. If her purpose was no longer to protect him, then perhaps she could find another purpose? Such as playing games. Of ourse, she would never discover her purpose if she did not try things out, right? Sh had to find what fit.

(Deal.)

Zane

"Well" Miem swung the guitar on his shoulder around so he could play it, "If you want to put it that way, music is a game you play by yourself to entertain others, you start by selecting a song, here is one that was that was taught to me by a troubadour with a blue hair." He began to play the first several bars of the music, it was small music with little deviation from the lower octaves.

"The Way I see her dancing,
With Flowers in her hair.
Her feet are always movie,
Her rhythms is always there,
If you should see her dancing,
I pray you stop and stare,
For tonight the dawn is breaking,
Tomorrow she's nowhere."

He continued to play some further bars before bringing the song to a close. "Well what did you think?"

Facadepapergirl

It was like listening to birds singing, Irolem guessed. Or maybe like wind rustling through reeds. Or... something. It was a group of sounds pleasant to the ear, with enough variety to to keep one entertained. And a rhyth, so that one was inclined to sway when listening. Like drops on the water, Irolem decided. Or drops onto water of different levels, so as to promote a different sound with each drop. And then his voice... Irolem hadn't known that the voice could be used for things besides talking. But though words came out, what he was doing to his voice made it surpass mundane conversation.

Irolem liked it.

"This is a very nice game! I would like to play, too. You seem to be a master at this game! I like it."

Zane

Miem smiled, glad she enjoyed the music. "Well that is just one way to play. There are all sorts of ways to play, but the most important part is the beat." That said, he started to strum a low G at a regular interval. "The beat is the foundation of the music. Once you have a solid beat you can add on to it." Miem started to add various other notes, forming a nameless melody which always returned to that G on the beat. "Now the beat doesn't always have to be the same note. The beat is just the note with emphases." To demonstrate, he continued the melody, but playing different notes on the beat.

He brought the melody to a close, "anything can be made into music, a voice, an instrument, cooking, heck the sound of fighting can resemble music. And there you go, a crash course in how to play music."

Facadepapergirl

"Wow... that looks easy, yet I feel that you must have hands as nimble as a spider's legs! Perhaps..." She stopped as they approached the fork that would lead to the town. "Ah, master? I do not wish to doubt you, but at the same time, are you sure that it is wise to go to 'that' town? Especially with me being..." She waved an arm at herself. She had no reason to be afraid, she knew. After all, she was made of iron. One is not easily injured with metal for skin. Yet, she feared. What could they do, and yet she feared. At least it wasn't the other town, she comforted herself. If her choice was between a town that threw rocks at her, or whatever they did, and a town who might decide that she could use some 'enhancements', then surely the wisest choice was the hostile village? They had to go through one, else find themselves wandering through the forest; most unwise. Though Irolem shouldn't come to much harm, she was loath to let Miem be harmed in any way, and though it was her prime directive to protect him, she might fail, out in the wilderness, where danger can come from many sides, even at once. Still, she was reluctant to go.

(I'm so sorry! I missed the email of your response somehow and, busy with school, I didn't check! I was waiting for you... I'm so sorry)