Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Searching for Something(Ycharley)

Started by alex_xr, December 02, 2012, 06:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_xr

Aira gathered some pieces of wood and started them on fire with ease. She did like how here abilities let her start things on fire with such ease.  Aira smiled and set up a spit, for the meat, and began to forage a bit for some things to go with the hare.   She could get use to this, she thought.

Ycharley

Tyr stretched out the skin to dry, and handed Aira the meat. He knew how elves were with killing and eating meat. He was determined to break her of the habit quickly. You could always catch game and eat it. You couldn't always go out and pick herbs. Learning the herbs of an area took time, if you just go pick something that looked appetising or something that looks familiar it could kill you.

alex_xr

Aira sighed and took the meat and put together a spit, and speared the rabbit on it.  She turned it a little as it began to cook. " So, this is the life of adventurers"  She laughed, and decided that she was going to have a little fun  " So, how is your wound? did my spell help it heal up alright? anything else that needs tending? " She said,  realizeing now that she sat, that all her muscles were sore... and getting stiffer. She was going to hurt in the morning. Hurt bad. She didn't want to think about the pain she was going to be in.

Ycharley

Tyr shook his head, the girl really needed to learn how to word things better. He was rather a kind man and respected women, other men she would be around once he was gone wouldn't. He would hate to have the girl learn that lesson the hard way.

"I have no other wounds, and we have finished moving today. It is time for you next lesson. As a girl, even as a Mage and a warrior you are vulnerable. You need to be more persice in your words and the way you phrase things. If not you are going to get some man thinking the wrong way later down the line and it will not be pretty. So instead of saying anything, say any wound," he tried to explain in a more delicate way than he usually would.

alex_xr

Aira was confused.. " what do you mean? "  some man thinking down the wrong line.. and then it hit her... " oh...."  she blushed red,  appearantly Tyr's mind was down the gutter..  she hadn't thought of that. Now that he pointed it out it was obvious, how could she of said something so stupid.  Well what was said was said.. as she was still red.  She kept turning the rabbit. " So do you have any other wounds that need tending.."  still red.. she was embarrassed.

Ycharley

Tyr closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "No, that was the only wound that had yet to heal and it seems it has healed up fine, we will know for sure tomorrow when we start training," he spoke after releasing the long breath and opening his eyes. He would have rather wished he didn't have to point that out to her. She was a girl, it would seem a rather sheltered girl. The world was a rough place full of people who would try to use anybody and everybody they could. While Aira was his understudy he would protect her, but after that, she would be on her own.

alex_xr

Aira always felt so stupid around Tyr, she wondered why she always seemed so stupid to Tyr.  She sighed and kept cooking the rabbit, it was going to be a long training she felt, hopefully she could impress the man who seemed to look down on her.  She hated the fact she was so naive.

Ycharley

Tyr looked at Aira, reading her face for a moment in silence. He looked away, judging whether or not he should say anything or just let everything drop and cool off before morning. Finally, after a few minutes he made up his mind and her turned to face Aira once more. "What is on your mind, you are clearly upset, I can read it on your face. If you are upset you aren't at your best emotionally or mentally," he spoke softly.

alex_xr

She didn't know if she was comfortable talking about this out loud.. but she took a deep breath and spoke. " I just feel I am always letting you down and doing something stupid in front of you. I just feel like everything I do is wrong.."  She took off the rabbit and offered it to him first, he was probably going to eat more of it than her, and so she looked at him. and wondered  what he would have to say.. She just wanted to impress him for once.

Ycharley

A small rare smirk crossed Tyr's face. He was honored, she wanted to impress him. "If you knew how to do everything and you had all the skills I would be unneeded and I wouldn't be here. You have impressed me. You can't compare your abilities to mine, not yet anyway. You must compare yourself to other apprentices. I know I am tough on you, but I know that makes you want to push yourself, you are strong enough to take it. You aren't doing everything wrong, you are learning, there is a difference," He spoke, taking half the rabbit and leaving the rest for her.

alex_xr

Aira was relieved and glad to know that he was impressed. She looked noticeably calmer.  She smiled and began to ate some of the rabbit and looked up at the stars, laying on her back.  It was a beautiful night out.  She was glad she had met Tyr, he was a good teacher and she hoped she would learn alot from him.   

Aira kept getting up to grab some more from time to time as she leaned back and observed the stars, figuring she should study her book soon.

Ycharley

Tyr ate quickly, not because he was famished, but out of habit. There had been plenty of times in his life where he didn't have to enjoy a meal so he had learned to eat while he could. Once he finished he adjusted his armor as bit before lying down. He had slept under the stars so many times he basically had them memorized so instead of looking he closed his eyes. He let his bed relax, falling into a restful state, but not asleep.

alex_xr

Aira went into reverie, knowing she would probably wake up first.  She was still aware of their surroundings but was in a sleep like state.  Being an elf had its perks.  She  wondered what went through Tyr's mind as he slept.. and she wondered what sleeping was like.

Ycharley

It was the wee hours of the morning when Tyr started to hear the noises, he didn't move though. He laid there, he didn't want to give any indication that he was awake. He could tell by Aira's breathing that she was deep in reverie and probably wouldn't hear the noises.

alex_xr

Aira kept to her thoughts, working through spells and all the knowledge she had retained from the day, she didn't hear the the noises in combination to her tiredness from the run earlier, she had ran her self out. 

Ycharley

Tyr could hear the steps getting closer. The noises weren't loud, they were soft, it was clear who ever was making them was trying to be quiet. Still Tyr heard them, but still he lay silent, pretending to be completely asleep. He had learned sometimes the best action was to take no action at all. There was no need for unneeded killing though he had a feeling he would be doing some kill soon.

alex_xr

Aira awoke suddenly her, reverie ending quickly. She had heard something she didn't know what. She was pretty sure she had gasped when she had awoken, she looked around but didn't see anything.  She looked to Tyr who was still in reverie. She wondered what was going on, as she heard something again.

Ycharley

Tyr opened one eye, hoping that Aira would see that he was awake. If she reacted right now it could get both of them shot, she needed to relax and calm down.

alex_xr

Aira saw he was awake and took a deep breath trying to make it look like she was in reverie again. She mentally prepared her self for magic though, if something was going to happen, she had a spell or two that was going to help them.

Ycharley

Tyr had a feeling that Aira was about to learn her next lesson. That when you can talk your way out of a situation you should do that. Violence was always left as a last resort.