Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Searching for Something(Ycharley)

Started by alex_xr, December 02, 2012, 06:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_xr

Aira cursed to her self " I am sorry, I was sure they were the ones" she couldn't believe it, she had almost killed him instead of helping him. She looked over the herbs noting the lines in some , and the shape, and how they differed slightly from what she remembered one looking like.  " You have interesting lessons.  I will have to start taking notes.  She then realized one of her cuts had been bigger than she thought and noted how her blood stained dress stuck to her leg. She had been so busy she didn't even notice it.   Aira used her magic on it, a white glow going up.  She had no aversion to magic and now would have to stitch it up.   She glared at him for a moment " look away or prepare to hurt she said as she tossed her bedroll over his face in a quick fashion. She tried to stifle her giggle as she removed her dress and got out a purple one. It was a bit fancier, not something you normally wore out in the woods.  She would hate herself if it got ruined.   Aira took the hankerchief and began to wipe off any blood from some cuts. She than put on the purple dress and looked at the sorry state of her green one.  " Its safe to look again"

Ycharley

Tyr shrugged, as she said to look away, though he did put his back to her. "Seen one women naked you've seen them all, so it isn't like I don't know what you have," the monotone in his voice only making what he was saying more funny. Tyr didn't turn around though, he couldn't see the aroow hole in his back, he figured she would look at it. She did seem like that type of person. Tyr looked down over his abdomen and all the scars that lingered there, recalling to himself how he got each one. Then the white tribal style tattoos that littered his body, he wish he didn't remember how he got those.

alex_xr

Aira turned to see his back and figured she was suppose to tend to it. She took some herbs to it, the safe ones, not the bad ones. She pressed a little hard on one of her applications and cringed as she saw the wound react.  This was not pretty work,  She quickly covered it with a bandage, and cleaned off her hand. and then cleaned the hankerchief off with her spell.  " There you go, good as new. "  She looked at this scars, and the tattoing. " I can't imagine what you have been through to get these... "  She had ignored his comment about seeing women naked.  It was the thought...  Aira sighed  and opened her book back up. Her head was going to explode, she thought. There were so many intricacies. and such to learn about each spell, and its application.

Ycharley

Tyr popped his neck rather loudly and stood before putting on his shirt, chainmail and armor.
"Lets get to a town, I need a knew shirt and I'm sure you don't want to be wearing your fancy dress around, would be a pity to get blood on it," He replied before grabbing his pack, not seeming to be affected much by the wound. He thought about her comments on taking notes, it made him chuckle. In his profession you had to learn the lessons by heart, turn them into instinct, you rarely had time to think, let alone read some notes. He walked to the entrance before turning to Aira, looking at her as if asking'Are you coming?'.

alex_xr

Aira couldn't believe how strewn about her things were, as she tried to gather them quickly. She hadn't thought he could travel today.  It seemed as if all her stuff had spread it self out. She quickly put them in, and  put her sack on her back.  She then strapped on her sword, and took a hole of her Stave, and smiled until she had noticed he had started without her. She ran to where he was now walking, trying to keep it calm and collected even knowing that it was obvious she wasn't.   Over all she thought this had gone well, she didn't get completely sick now from blood, and she got her stuff. Now it was time to follow him. She now had a spring in her step as she walked along side him.

Ycharley

"Next lesson will be what to bring, and when to know you have too much stuff," He replied his voice rather stern as he kept watch. His eyes seeming to take in all the details that surrounded him.
"We're going to play a game, it takes both memories and being able to pick out details. Count every animal we pass, and your not allowed to write it down, you have to be able to remember it all," She said as he continued walking, he himself counting, but it was something he always did.

alex_xr

Aira Scowled at him for his comment, and then decide to play. She counted the bird  and the some bugs, just in case they counted, and kept doing so, she wondered when she would have to stop counting, adding more and more to her count. Was she at 30? or 33? She cursed her luck of lossing track.  This game would be more enjoyable had she been able to write it down. Notes were so useful,  she was so tempted to pull out her field journel, she had missed a few, in the time her thoughts wondered.  She had to concentrate,  so Aira kept counting , hoping to have a good answer.

Ycharley

Tyr sighed with a smile, he was already past three hundred. Of course he had done this so much that it had become completely second nature to him.
"Just wait until I have you talking and playing this game," He said with a chuckle. He was happy that they seemed to be slowly nearing civilization.
"We will end the game here, first off, what animals did you spot?" Tyr started looking at her while he continued to walk.

alex_xr

"Birds, bugs, foxes, rabbits,  um a deer " She said with a smile guessing she failed this game. " she had seen around 200 things she thought... Aira wasn't really sure, and didn't like this game it seemed pointless. She than had a thought but ignored it.  She was excited at the prospect of a town. She loved visiting new towns. She could make some money selling some small enchantments, and spells, she thought.  She looked at him, in his armor and everything, he was a fierce warrior. She wouldn't want to mess with him.

Ycharley

"You might have potential after all" Tyr replied chuckling. He then turned and face forward, he wasn't counting bugs, they were not animal, but even with out that she did better then most. He had some apprentices that only counted twenty the first time, of course they were killed before the end of his training. She actually had a chance, not much of one, true, but still a little was better then nothing at all.

alex_xr

She smiled, and  kept behind him,  This might be fun after all, as it seemed she might have potential.  She also wondered how much she owed him, surely that much trouble was costly. She smiled as she started walking side by side with him.  " So Do you know where we are heading? "

Ycharley

"Maladean, it's a small little village, they have good smiths and good merchants," Tyr started with a nod. "You will be able to buy suitable cloths for adventuring, with some light armor," he suggested seeming to be thinking out loud, more to himself then to her.

"They do have a nice inn so we can spend the day gathering supplies, I'll plan how I will teach you then in the morning we can leave," he continued before looking at her, judging her reaction to his words.

alex_xr

What was wrong with her clothes? and her dress... She didn't like where this was going,  but she supposed she had asked for it after all.   " It sounds perfect! " She still didn't know how she  felt about the idea of her in light armor, but she supposed she could  do just as well in armor as she did in her dress. But would the armor be as good as the elven armor she had learned to use was another question. Aira wondered what Tyr thought of her, over all. 

Ycharley

Tyr nearly read her thoughts by the looks that passed over her face and shook his head. He was an elf too and knew how good elven armor was, but just like every other armor it had its advantages and disadvantages.

Tyr sighed deeply, having a feeling this was going to be a long day. She seemed to be slightly whiny, and he would have to purge her of that, or she would never make it.

alex_xr

Aira wondered what he was thinking as she followed.  " So, we go get some stuff, and then we head out, Sounds like a fun time.  " She smiled at the thought of a real bed. She loved inns, and their comfy beds.  She was excited now, and couldn't wait till they got there. Her speed picked up as she knew they would get there faster if she walked faster.

Ycharley

Tyr didn't pick up his speed, he was in no hurry. The quicker they got into town, the sooner people starred at him, feared him because of the white markings on his skin. He watched her, though she had potential, she also had a lot to learn. He popped his neck and stretched, flinching at the pain it caused. He would have her look at it again that night but would ignore it until them.

alex_xr

Aira sighed when she noticed Tyr was still slow.  She slowed to his pace seeing no point in going faster than Tyr.   She didn't know what he might be up to but she thought she saw a bit of pain in his face.  She knew his wounds must be bothering him.  She hoped they were somewhere close to the town.

Ycharley

"We'll be at the edge of town and right on the door step of the inn in less than a half an hour, there is no need to rush, we have plenty of time and rushing will only waste energy," Tyr spoke looking at her.
"do you have any questions for me?" He asked, they would have to get to know each other sense she was going to be his apprentice.

alex_xr

" Yes, how much do I owe you?  and since your going to all this trouble I am assuming you will teach me. Do I need to pay you for that? " She was wondering, as if so then she better get busy selling some charms and such as she didn't think the over all price of her training would go very well. She was sure she could afford it but if he charged to much or something and long term  it wouldn't be in her favor.

Ycharley

"Five gold pieces, as we discussed in the letters," Tyr started with a sigh, thinking about what to charge her. "I wont charge you anything, my price will be three fourths of all the loot we get while you are my apprentice," Tyr answered after a short hesitation. "does that sound fair?"