Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Art of Visual Spice

Started by visualspice, December 12, 2012, 01:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echtronis

Quote from: visualspice on November 30, 2014, 09:45:58 PM
New art here is over due D<

I'll say! Good gracious you've improved since last time I stalked this thread. I need to figure out how you structure your heads, their features just pop!

visualspice

I'm going to work on remedying this soon :T hopefully
and yeah >_> I focus most of my details on faces x.x I need to work more on the human form :T
but I am lazy and like to stick to what I know >_>
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

whew- haven't drawn anything for myself as of lately- and since I was inspired to make TWO new characters- I present to you at least a drawing of ONE of them-
This is Khanna Dey- leader of the Mountain Cats (the guild of which I still need to create :T )

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ethereal-Star

I can't believe I haven't posted on this art thread yet--niiiiiiice job on all your artwork Spice! I have to say your work is so incredibly awesome and I am not trying to be a bootlicker or anything, really! I just realllly like your art!

With that said, I have a favor to ask. Well, a small favor really. Plus I am wondering when you're going to host another art exchange. My favor/request is in exchange for a drawing I did of your character Layana (your Yoreiqi character I meant to post for the last art exchange but didn't get done in time cuz I got sick) is can you draw a pic for me of Dilwen, my storm mage healer? I'll post a proper link to her profile in just a bit. I have to post the sketch/drawing I did of your character on Photobucket first so I can show it here so you can see. But will post that in my own art thread so as not to hijack your thread. The pic I drew is a color face sketch as I was too lazy to actually do the entire body, but I hope that's alright.

I also plan on making a sketch of 'The Gambler' hiding in a haystack as he did in the thread 'Hide In The Shadows or Bask In Uncertainty'. That scene just begs to be drawn, LOL. But I'll get to it soonish I hope. Anyway, if you wanted to draw another character of mine in exchange for the haystack scene, you can pick any of my characters to draw to surprise me with.

One last thing: I absolutely LOVE the pic you did of Admar, my color invoker. That robe of his is completely cool and so awesome in its shimmeryness. I have it in my character binder (yes I have a character binder, don't laugh.) The binder is where I keep information and pics of all my characters because I'm OCD like that. Anyway, just wanted to thank you again for the great digital drawing.

visualspice

On my.phone and heading to bed but figured I'd post here since I do plan on having another exchange, just not sure when since I'm still in the middle of remodeling and my house is such a mess!

visualspice

Also,.thanks @Ethereal-Star for your kind comments :)

Ethereal-Star

You're very welcome. Once I get the picture posted on Photobucket I'll post it in my own art thread. Or would you rather wait for the next art exchange? And no rush, don't mind impatient me, just excited for when you do host another one!

visualspice

Man,.. I need to get back into doing art >_>
At least my study is slowly getting put back together x.x
The last thing I did was my own, fun rendition of a globe type map of SotE found here.

On that note, I'm open to commissions of both art work sketches and hand made crafts! Feel free to post here or PM me for the details. This won't really be an open option, however, until probably May or June- but I'll keep those interested in the loop! I know @Ivory wanted a character sketched but I've been so busy and had a lot of personal life drama get in the way of me doing much of anything art related as of lately >_<

but yeah, can't wait to get back into drawing again :D

And as far as crafts go, I'll probably offer things like mini custom made character keychains or something. Either way, I'll post something up if/ when I get around to making a sample!

OH and all of the transactions would be done via etsy~

viestrus01

Dude how do you sketch *n* It looks pretty clean (cleaner than mine obviously lol XD)

Ethereal-Star

I'm definitely interested in another art exchange! I was hoping you'd offer one soon, hehe.

visualspice

Quote from: Ethereal-Star on April 05, 2015, 01:06:46 AM
I'm definitely interested in another art exchange! I was hoping you'd offer one soon, hehe.

If I do one, it probably won't be until the summer, as I'm going to be busy for a while with a lot of things x.x though I do need to start sketching again D:

... someday :T

Ethereal-Star

Same here. As far as sketching goes, that is. I needs to practice some ma. No worries, I can wait.

visualspice

Just to keep myself in practice, here's a colored sketch of my character, Beatrice!

visualspice

I'm so slow at arts ._.
But I'm trying to shake that off! So here's a sketch of my character, Dao'bachpa :D

Lion

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Colored sketch of my character, Trest~

And my character, Phone!

visualspice

Ugh, it's been FOREVER since I sketched anything. I couldnt sleep so I stayed up and fought with my wacom and ended up with this

:T it's passable, I guess. Ugh, so rusty.

Aywho, this is my character... THE GAMBLER

Lion

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

And felt artsy after work today so I drew Cullen :D

Couldn't recall if he had facial hair so he has none >_>

visualspice

Not sure where my wacom is but I drew this with good old pen and paper!
It's Trest and @DragonSong 's character, Jynx!