Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Harvest Moon [CalamityMei!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 24, 2014, 08:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"A stroll sounds lovely to me," Delwyn said, his smile widening and expression softening when she used his name--and just his name. It was definitely a start, and a step in the right direction. Some nobles delighted in having people bow and scrape, but Delwyn just found it tiresome. There was a time and a place for everything, of course, but out here he just wanted to be among friends.

He offered her his arm, and then lead her out of the grassy clearing and away from the crowd. Around them, people whispered, but Delwyn ignored them and hoped Naevia would, too, because he had a feeling he knew what people would be talking about. No doubt, they expected he wanted in the girl's skirts after striking out with several village women and one noblewoman.

They wouldn't be wrong, either, even if they weren't entirely right.

He spoke up fast, to keep Naevia's attention on him. "So, Naevia, tell me about yourself," he said as he lead her away from the noise of the festivities. "I know your days must be full, serving your masters dusk to dawn, but when you get a spare moment, what do you like to do? What are your talents?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

CalamityMei

Of course it was hard to ignore the brief whispers that flittered past as they walked. People gossiped and stuck their noses into business that wasn't theirs, she was a slave and he was a nobleman, she knew this would happen. Her arm entwined with his, it suggested something more than the relationship between slave and noble, she was special and he was treating her as such.

Then the question came. Her talents? She had none other than the norm of what was expected from a slave. In fact now that she really thought about it she had nothing to offer him, she sang occasionally but it wasn't like she was that good.

"I guess, nothing too much. I sing, a little." She spoke softly as they walked away from the whispering bodies, out of the way from all the festivities but still close enough to hear the cheery laughter. "Surely you must have far more interesting talents than I."

Rhindeer

Delwyn flashed her an impish grin. "Interesting talents, hm? Well, I can roll my tongue," he said, and stuck his tongue out to demonstrate. "My thumbs are double-jointed, so I can bend them behind my hand. Oh! I'm told I'm pretty good at mimicking animal noises!"

With a laugh, he gave Naevia a playful nudge in the side. "And I suppose I could add I'm good with a sword and decent at fisticuffs, but how often do you get to break those talents out at a party, right?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

CalamityMei

She had to hand it to him, he had the uncanny ability to make her laugh, to give her something to be lighthearted about. Heck she even found herself forgetting, for even a split second, that she was a slave. As she chuckled and he did all sorts of bizarre actions, he did manage to settle on something serious to which she nodded in response.

She looked to the night sky, the deep blue scattered with millions of tiny specks, the moon seeming daringly big compared to other nights. "It is a very beautiful night." Simple pleasures, pleased simple minds.

Rhindeer

"Mm, it is gorgeous," Delwyn agreed, tilting his head to the darkened sky. "The moon is at its biggest tonight. We won't see another like it for a year. But it's not the only thing tonight that's beautiful, or unique."

And at that he looked over at her and gave her a cheeky wink. "If you catch my meaning, m'lady."

The smell of smoke drifted to them then, carried by a light breeze. With the night coming on and the air growing chill, they had lit the great bonfire in the square. The cool air hit the back of his neck and made him shiver with a sudden chill, and it was that which made him realize that if he was cold, well...Naevia was in a bloody dress!

He shrugged out of his jacket, which was lined with rabbit fur. "Are you cold?"