Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Don't Shoot the Messenger! [Moonie!]

Started by Ivory, May 01, 2014, 12:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Valia nodded and moved in with him back inside the room and turned away from him, sweeping her hair off and over her shoulder so it was not in the way. It was a silly thing for her to want to get back into her dress, but she felt too vulnerable to want to slip into a night gown. And her dress...
She hoped she'd feel more like herself in it. But even as her husband moved to lace her up tight, she felt more hot tears resurface, blurring her eyes.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"I always loved this dress." When he'd packed to come after Valia, he'd taken great care to bring anything he could think of to make her return home more comfortable, including the beautiful pink dress she was in now.

There was a knock at the door as Gabriel was finishing with the last laces, they didn't wait for an answer, a maid entered carrying a covered tray. Once their meal was placed on a stand, the servant left without a word.

Stepping away he moved to the tray and removed the cover to reveal roasted pork, baked potatoes, and rolls. "Come try to eat a little something, Valia."

visualspice

When Gabriel left her side, she felt herself tense and though he was only gone from her for but a moment and hadn't even left the room, the fear was still too intense and too fresh that when he returned, her hands found his as she clung to him and slowly shook her head.
"I.. I don't know if I could eat," she told him softly, tears threatening to fall.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

The way she grabbed to his hands broke his heart as Gabriel could practically feel her terror, like a horrible infection spreading and choking the room. His emotions were everywhere, hurt because of her pain, enraged because of her pain, the desire to comfort her battling with his burning need to go out and find who had hurt her and make them scream for mercy only to deny them it.

He squeezed her hands softly, looking down into her tearful pink eyes, his own emeralds were stormy and troubled. "It's okay, you'll eat when you're ready. Valia..." He almost choked on his own words as he gazed down at her beautiful, haunted face. "Please tell me what to do...I need to do something...I want to hold you and never let you go. I want to storm out of here and bring the hammer of Ansgar's justice down on the vile filth that dared to touch you..."

visualspice

Gabriel wasn't the only one at wits end, and when he implored her, she did the only thing she could think of as she clung to him unwittingly.
"Oh, Gabriel!" she cried, burying herself against him as she clung to him tightly. "I want nothing more than all of those things. For those vile and despicable men to suffer, and for you, you to hold me and never let me go."

Zero

Instantly his arms were around her as Valia clung to him, holding her close against his chest as he kissed the top of her head as he buried his face in her golden hair. "I will make them pay, Valia. I swear to you, they will beg for death before the end, and I will deny them that merciful release, death is a peace they don't deserve."

Lifting her easily into his arms, Gabriel carried her to the bed and laid down, still cradling her in his arms, letting her rest on top of him. "All this time without you has been hell on me, but not anymore. You're the light that chases out all the shadows, that purges all my demons, and I'm not letting you go again. I don't care how mad you are at me, we'll stay together and work it out. No more running, promise me."

visualspice

Although numbed from the Hell she had been through, nothing could pull her eyes away from those of the fire within her husband's. The long lost look of hope and love sparked within their depths, and the lady only found herself able to utter the whispered, hoarse words of,
"I promise."

Zero

Gabriel desperately hoped she meant it when she uttered those two little words. He couldn't take losing her again. Still, she had promised and for now that was enough. Relaxing further he held her gently against him as he closed his eyes with a weary sigh. That small nap in the hall hadn't really eased him much.

Hands moved gently and slowly up and down Valia's back, almost as much for his comfort and reassurance as for hers. His voice was soft and exhausted. "I'm so tired, Valia. So tired...I haven't been myself since you left."

visualspice

Valia whimpered softly and nestled in against him.
"Then let us rest together," she whispered tiredly. For she still felt so weak and wanted to simply hide away from all the world.

Zero

Gabriel didn't say another word, merely held her gently as his eyes closed, one hand lightly stroking down her back in a soothing gesture. In just a few minutes the gentle caress would stop as he breathed deeply and evenly, sleeping peacefully for the first time in a long time. The lines of strain in his face even relaxed a little.

visualspice

It took Valia even longer to succumb to the world of slumber, but soon her eyes were growing heavy and she too, had drifted off to sleep. It was a peaceful brief, however temporary, for hours later, when she awoke and it was dark, and felt herself confined in the arms of her husband, she let out a sudden cry of alarm and began to writhe furiously.

"Let go of me! No! Stop it I!-" And then in the midst of her struggling, she managed to recognize her husband's face as her pink eyes widened. "G-.. gabriel!?"
And slowly she blinked and found herself in tears as she clung to him, sobbing so hard her entire body shook.

Zero

The moment Valia began to struggle Gabriel was awake, green eyes snapping open in momentary alarm, until he realized what was wrong. He lifted a hand to cup her face gently, looking down into her eyes as she cried out in fear. He didn't speak, letting her come to realization that she was safe and it was his arms around her now.

"Shh, my love, they can't hurt you now." He murmured softly as she clung to him, her sobs tore at his heart, but all he could do was be patient and allow her to work out all the poisonous emotions that had tormented her during her captivity. Tenderly he placed a kiss on the top of her head, holding her gently so that she could escape now that she was calm, if she wanted. "I'm here and I'm not going anywhere."

visualspice

"Gods, it was a dream, just a dream," she choked out between sobs. "Gods.." she trembled, clinging to him tight. "If only all of it had been a dream," she whispered, tears still streaming down her face.

Zero

Gabriel felt tears burn his eyes as he nuzzled his face in her beautiful hair. His voice was heavy with sleep and raw from emotion as he spoke softly to her, trying to calm her again. "I wish I could take it all away, Valia. I would have gladly suffered in your place. I...can't undo what they did, Ansgar do I wish I could, but we're going to be okay. I promise. Somehow I will ease all those horrible things."

visualspice

Tears continued to fall as she clung to her husband. Her head was pressed so closely to him she could feel his warmth, and hear his heart. She could say nothing to that as she remained in his embrace, but after a long while she simply whispered, "By Angsar's name, Gabriel. I'd be lost without you." And she hugged him back, tight.

Zero

Gabriel held Valia, rocking them both gently as she cried in his arms. Life had been hell for both of them, but they were together now, and that was what was important to him. Just having her in his arms again, having her needing and wanting him again, soothed his mind and soul greatly.

"I'll always be there for you Valia. As long as I live, you can never really be lost, because I will always find you." He murmured softly while brushing his lips against the top of her head.

visualspice

Tears still streamed down her face as she whimpered and curled up against her husband, as close as she could get. She never felt as vulnerable as she had now. She thought giving birth was the worst thing in her life, and before that- it was being pregnant, but now this? This was something she felt so torn about because she felt so abused...
but in the heat of the moment, she felt guilty for having ever enjoyed any of it.

And just thinking about it maybe her choke on a sob as she buried her face against him.
"Gods... Gabriel.." she spoke hotly against him, her body shaking from tears. "I'm so sorry. If only I hadn't have been so foolish..."
but she couldn't finish that thought as a few more hot tears rolled down her cheeks.

Zero

"Valia, whatever foolish thing you've done, or think you've done, it's over. I forgive you, for all of it. For the years you pushed me away, for leaving the palace alone, for whatever else you think you did wrong. It doesn't matter now. All that matters to me right now is that you're alive and with me now." Gabriel didn't know everything that happened, and he honestly didn't need to know. Valia had suffered, that was more than enough for him to want to destroy her kidnappers in the worst possible ways.

visualspice

Valia just held him, and held him tight. By Angsar's name- how did she get such a wonderfully perfect husband? Tears still continued to fall as she sobbed and trembled against him, before she closed her eyes and whispered, "I love you."

Zero

"I love you too." Gabriel murmured, holding her as fiercely as she clung to him. He still couldn't fully believe that after all this time she was there in his arms now. He was afraid that it was some twisted dream that he would awaken from to find that she was still gone.