Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A little girl who wants to start a revolution sound fun?

Started by AetherRose, December 20, 2012, 04:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AetherRose

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=13523.0
First, this is Aio. She's pretending to be the reborn Ansgar, and as you can tell from her character sheet, she's certainly got a repertoire of abilities which support this.
So, who feels like playing war with a little girl?

Wan

A war hmm? Well a war needs information and spies....if she has the money she could purchase Adonai's help =)

I'm working on an Adelan character right now who may or may not be helpful or a hindrance to you

AetherRose

She has no money, but she's not afraid to promise riches.

Wan

Promising pay and not following through with it....I like it =)

AetherRose

I intend for her to eventually become rich enough to pay. After all, what sort of revolution would it be if she never acquires enough funds to run it?

Zane

If you're going for a war you need an opposition, Jax can be a strong opposition if you want him.

Wan

Adonai would work for future payment but he'd warn her that present payment by the other side would be more lucrative for him.

Also, here is my very recently added Adelan character =)  She might tag along with the revolution just for the opportunity to fight the goddess at the end.  She's also just as likely to challenge the best soldiers in the revolution [even those on her side] for fights to the death regardless of whether or not it helps the cause.

AetherRose

@Zane Her main opponent will hopefully end up being Serendipity, but rivals sound super fun! This is the sort of thread where I hope to change lore, thus the more players the better :P

@Wan Aio would probably warn Adonai that the future pay comes with the present payment of him keeping his life.
Also, twin scythes? Wow, one of my characters who'll be making a few appearances in this thread happens to use twin scythes. Although, his are farmer scythes. She'd be fine in the roleplay as long as she doesn't do something stupid like challenge my overpowered character (who isn't even supposed to fight besides for plot) to a duel right off the bat.

Wan

Adonai is Adonai =) He's just giving her a fair warning, not a threat.  Like the warning label on a box of legos~

Twin scythes ftw B)  She'll only challenge your overpowered girl if she hears that she is a fighter or if the girl herself says she's a goddess.  Plus all that would need to be done is have the fight be politely declined and postponed 'for later'

But that entire situation is for later =)  I'm eager to get my golem girl started~  Would you like to do a thread where she gets recruited to the cause?

AetherRose

Yes, I would. XD Again, though, Aio will be claiming she's a goddess. Ansgar reborn, to be specific. As a goddess, it would not be wise for her to decline any offer to duel, but I suppose she can spare your character or something... That would also give your character motivation to stay in the revolution and grow stronger, so she can challenge Aio again on a later date.

Wan

That would be fun =D  Fight her until Moyra's nearly dead, then spare her so she's driven to fight hera gain.....I like it, I like it a lot =)

Would you like to start the recruitment thread?  I can, but it might be a wee bit before I can get to it

AetherRose

Zane

Hmm I will do some thinking over the night. I've got a general idea of how Jax could play a role but I want to see where you go with this first so I don't tread all over your plot. With that. I'm off to bed.

AetherRose

Nam

My character is so naive he'd probably believe you with some proof; although, I'm not sure what my character's limits are yet, but if you push him to do things he considers wrong or something of the like, he'll eventually either turn on you or simply cut connections. Though, I'm not sure whether he'd do a few things until he can't take it no more and breaks or simply say 'no' from the get go. I'm really in the verge of discovering my own character so it's a bargain. xD

Wan

Quote from: AetherRose on December 20, 2012, 06:15:03 PM
...Where exactly do you post recruitment threads?

Anywhere in Adela I suppose =p  Uhm....in a small town with a stand saying 'Recruitment for Revolution' or in the middle of nowhere where they just meet on the road and she asks Aio or one of her guards [I assume she has people with her as she travels?] to fight.

AetherRose

@Nam She has plenty of proof, possessing the same powers as Ansgar and being well honed in those powers. Also, she's pretending to be a goddess. She doesn't want to come off as evil, she wants to come off as being a perfect and holy, thus she wouldn't force you to do something bad, not even something you didn't feel comfortable with.

AetherRose

Sorry for doublepost
@Wan Oh, you just meant the first post. No, I'm going to give this a day or two or three for people to talk about it, as well as give more people a chance to join up. Also, I work retail and it's flippin' Christmas.

Wan

Quote from: AetherRose on December 20, 2012, 06:25:45 PM
Sorry for doublepost
@Wan Oh, you just meant the first post. No, I'm going to give this a day or two or three for people to talk about it, as well as give more people a chance to join up. Also, I work retail and it's flippin' Christmas.
Oh ouch, well I'll keep my eyes peeled then.  Good luck with that retail stuff xD

Nam

@AetherRose

I figured that, but you said "Who feels like going to war with a child?" I can't understand why someone would want to go to war with a little girl who claims to be Angsar unless you gave them reason to do so or they were villainous or something -maybe I just need to learn a bit more about the Medieval ways, I dunno. xP

Regardless, religion is meant to be holy and good, yet a lot of people disagree with their actions and 'laws'. So something he might disagree with would probably be killing Mage because he/she's a Magic-User, removing someone's limb because they stole something, etc. (Or maybe I'm supposed to have a different and more medieval mindset and believe it's an acceptable punishment? I guess my character is just one of those 'odd' ones.)

*Still trying to adapt to this whole setting* xD