Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Trading [open]

Started by Qeth, December 29, 2012, 08:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

She watched and listened his words having some impact on her. She hadn't thought much about her future. A leader of little people? Fight in wars? What wars? Why would I fight anyone I have no enemies and am loyal to only myself. He's talking crazy. She thought sighing.

"You may see all that but I don't. In life we are suppose to have choices right? Well if you leave then won't my choice be taken away from me? The one thing you said that makes any sense of my future is being a recluse and alone. The rest doesn't sound right. I play practical jokes not fight," she said wondering if he would even believe her. She heard what he said about funerals.

"What is a funeral? I do?" She said amazed a little that she could have an impact on anyone.

Aeytrious

Findra's pure innocence made Ritousaey smile. Her ignorance of what a funeral was made him chuckle softly. A funeral is an event held to mark a persons death. Sometimes they are sad occasions full of mourning, others are a celebration of a life well lived. Either way, I will be at yours, so I cannot see it since I cannot see my own future." Rit got a far away look in his eyes just then, recalling back across the eons.

"There are a rare few people to have existed that impacted my life so much that I was at every funeral they had on the time web of the multiverse. So I've deduced that you will be a very important impact on me." He smiled at her again.

"I say we have some more fun in the mean time."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

wolfie

"Ah well then you'd be the only one at mine. I can't think of a single other being who would care if I was alive or not," she said knowing it was true. It made it easier to leave her village knowing they wouldn't care if she was there or not. It was a sad topic, and she was glad he moved on.

"Have you learned anything yet from being by my side and at this size?" She asked studying the surroundings instead of watching him. He wanted more fun, but that didn't always come right away.

"In due time, tell me more about where you are from while we wait," she said knowing that patience, while boring and inconvient, was of essence in life.

Aeytrious

Rit threw Findra another smile. "I have learned more than I expected," he said to her, "and am pleased to say so. I have learned that little things can be more important than big ones, that the street is much bigger from down here, and the world in perspective, isn't the tiny place I see it as." He stepped up beside her and followed her gaze, as she scanned the surroundings. "Its good to relax and not take my existence so seriously."

After a moment he answered her other question, "I am from nowhere. When I was created, nothing else existed yet, not even the gods. Though my first mortal timeline began on a planet called Ycrad. I lived there for thousands of years before being released into my true powers. Most of my highly cherished memories and loved ones are there."

"Why did you leave your home?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

She was liking his answers. She hadn't expected some of what he said, but was glad she could help make some impression. Life wasn't always so easy for one her size. She often risked getting caught. She tried not to think of such things.

"One must have a home to leave a home. I like you am from nowhere. Oh yeah I come from a village and have lived there but it was never home. I have yet to find a place to call home and just stay put. I like wandering and the great things that come from the pranks I play. I couldn't find enough fun in the village so I set out to find some," she said her answer simple. That was just her though - simple.

Aeytrious

"In my early mortal experiences, I envied people that had stable lives, and didn't have to move around much. I was always on the go, looking for answers and going on dangerous adventures. It was probably my deepest desire, until I began to lust for death. Then it was simply true mortality that I envied."

He sat on the floor with his chin on his knees and looked at some bugs that were crawling by. They were still tiny compared to him, and the span of their lives would be gone in the flutter of his eye. Perspective was so important. He'd forgotten that. He was always larger than life, being this big wasn't ever a thought he entertained. Why make yourself smaller, when you can make yourself infinitely larger? Meeting Findra was quite fortuitous. Hmmmmmmmm........ Larger........

'Idea!' On a whim he reached out and touched a water beetle that was walking by. It stood there calmly as it grew in size. Once it was large enough, Rit conjured up a palanquin fit for two on its back. He reached out and duplicated the enlarging process on a few ants, and outfitted them with plated armor. They would serve as an honor guard. He stood and turned to see Findra's reaction, and bowing to her said, "would you care for a ride my lady? It will prove to be most exciting."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

"But those people usually end up being so boring. If you had died when you wanted to you wouldn't have met me," she said keeping it simple still. It was best not to complicate things unless it was a master plan and needed it.

They sat in silence for a few minutes. She was still looking around trying to come up with an idea for fun. He beat her to it though as a water beetle and two ants were enlarged. She looked at him and noticed he bowed to her. She wasn't sure why he had done that, but thought it best not to question.

"A great idea. I can only imagine what the bigger ones will think if they see us," she said a big smile on her face. She had never ridden a beetle before either. She got on leaving room for him and waited for him to mount up. She had no idea where they would go, but that was half the fun - the adventure.

Aeytrious

Up he went, and down the street they went at a decent pace. He steered the beetle toward the docks. What was the point of riding a water bug if you didn't take advantage of its aquatic capabilities. The ants, armored as they were easily kept anyone from approaching, and Rit waved at a few children that had pointed them out to their parents. They got some looks and a few stares. He was sure this was the first time any of them had seen something like this, but with as diverse as these people were, he figured it wasn't that big of a deal to them. The weather was pleasant and the crowds not too thick, so the ride was nice. It would have been much faster for him to teleport them to the docks, but where was the fun in that. At one point a curious cat did approach them, but the ants, though only the size of large mice, chased it of. Armor and powerful mandibles were not something cats were used to contending with.

"So what was your village like?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin was having fun. She could't think of a better time than this one. She noted he waved at children. She wondered what they thought of all this it wasn't every day they saw a brownie riding around with someone else her size on a water bug. Nor the water bug being the size it was.

Fin felt bad for the cat. Only a little though it would have done something evil she was sure of that. She and cats just didn't get along. It was more a size thing than anything that and the fact they happened to be bullies.

"Much like this one. We lived around humans. Some of the brownies there liked helping humans I never understood why though," she said still looking around a little. Her mind was always at work on how to play the next prank or how to have more fun. Sometime those two were combined.

Aeytrious

Rit was glad to see Findra's obvious enjoyment. It was good to bring happiness to others. That was perhaps his favorite part of the job. Fin was an excellent companion, and easy to please.

"They probably enjoyed helping humans," Rit commented, "just as I enjoy my time with you. It's all about the company and the shared goals."

As they turned a corner he could get a clear view of the water in the distance. Not long until they were at the docks now. Perhaps they could enjoy some fishing or some other aquatic activity.

"So what did you do in your village," he asked her, "just play all day? Or did you work?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin had no idea he was thinking of going into the water. She was a little uneasy considering fish usually liked to try and eat her. She also knew the ants wouldn't be coming along with them as they couldn't endure water. She wanted to say something, but she didn't want this fun to stop.

"That's true. I guess perspective helps too. I've never seen a bright enough human though to want to help them," she said smiling. It was true she had yet to meet one intelligent enough for her. That didn't mean they weren't out there.

"And don't think you count in this. You are very different from anyone I've ever met before," she said hoping he would take it as the compliment she meant it as. She heard the question wondering just how much she should share. It wasn't wise keeping secrets.

"Much the same as I do now. I've not changed since I learned what a prank was and how to play one. It's one of the reasons those in that village are happy I'm gone I would play pranks on the humans they were trying to help. I even undid some of their work sometimes."

Aeytrious

"Well I suppose some are not meant for community. But that does not mean that you can't be part of a fellowship," Rit said, turning to Fin, "I'm sure there are other like minded brownies and tiny fae that you could join up with. Most of the tiny fae I have met have been mischief inclined. And while they didn't tend to be as pure hearted and innocent in intent as you," he smiled at how ridiculous that sounded, "they enjoyed having fun and working as little as possible." Rit laughed at a memory he had from being Aeytrious.

"There was a druid I once knew that had quite a serious prank played on him by a fairy trio. You would have liked those three," Rit laughed again. "He was miserable for several weeks. They put poisonous plants in his boots while he was bathing."

As they approached the water Rit reached through time and pulled out two fishing poles with more bells and whistles than would be imagined for hundreds of years. He magicked away the top of their palanquin and then showed Fin how to cast using the fancy pole and reel.

"Don't worry about the fish getting us. I'll make it so they won't be able to see us from under the water. And I've magicked your pole to shrink the fish you hook so you won't get pulled out."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

"That's right just like me," she said a big grin on her lips. She was starting to enjoy her time with Rit. She heard about the fae trio and the prank it made her laugh.

"You are right I would have liked those three. I tend to shy away from magic users though you never know exactly what they will do to the likes of me. They don't take kind to mischief makers at all. Did the druid repay the fae trio?" She asked intrigued by their boldness. She wished she could be that brave.

"Poles instead of nets? This is new. Thank you I don't need a bath just yet," she said and chuckled a little. She just hoped she did't give him any ideas.

Aeytrious

Rit smiled at Fin's bath comment. The peoples of this era were not as frequent bathers. The rich, and the nobles did tend to bathe more often. But common folk often couldn't afford soap or clean water on a regular basis, and there were superstitions about washing away things you didn't want to wash away. Some simple things like that, Rit had trouble understanding. Superstitions seemed a bit silly to him when he could see most all of reality.

"The Druid did nothing in retribution. He had a very strong opinion about nature and not disturbing the balance of the universe," Rit smiled at that, "Druids tend to be that way. They don't seem to realize it's really hard to disturb the balance. There is so much going on everywhere, things tend to balance out of their own accord." He paused thinking back to that time and the other companions that he had. "The magic user of the group would have liked you. He was very much into creating chaos. The Paladin however would have wanted to punish you. Not kill you I'm sure, but he was so uptight all the time."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

She noted he smiled. A smile looked good on him. She knew not to get attached in any way as he was going to be leaving her. She figured she'd have a friend who would pop in and out from time to time.

"Life is like that so I've seen. Even though I've played tricks on people that doesn't stop them from moving on with their lives and doing things like they do every day. I've seen life balance itself with death and birth. People don't always know when I'm around," she said with a grin. It was easy to ignore something or someone when you weren't looking for them.

"I'm sure that guy and I wouldn't have gotten along. I tend to play more pranks on the uptight ones. I remember once that I had this guy in a forest he got a few quills in the backside. Boy did he holler," she said chuckling. It was good having someone to share stories with.

Aeytrious

Just stopping to enjoy himself was something Rit hadn't done in quite a long time. Running into this adorable brownie was a pleasant bit of serendipity. She made him miss living as a mortal. Life had so much more meaning when it was a fleeting thing. His was pulled from his momentary reverie by fish on his hook. There was not much of a struggle to reel it in, and as he pulled it out of the water he used a small hand net to lift it. The fish had pretty blue and yellow scales, and from what he had overheard from the locals, it was delicious when grilled with a little salt. He gently held the fish with one hand as he pulled the hook free with the other. A tiny spark of magic healed the fish and removed the trauma of being fished out of the ocean as Rit slipped it back into the water.

"So besides playing pranks and lazing about, what do you like to do to pass the time?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin watched as he fished and then put the fish back into the water. She didn't understand that knowing humans ate what they caught. She just watched almost missing his question. She sighed.

"Well staying alive along with praying those pranks passes the time. I don't do much lazing. I don't want to even think about what it would be like to be caught by an actual human. There is no telling what they would do to one my size."

Wicked Basket

Edmund Preach, known as Captain Bllackheart to the general population, figured it must be his birthday. He didn't know when his actual birthday was, but a bustling port filled with traders and goods was the greatest gift he could have gotten. He immediately ordered his men to take the ship into the port. They had some shopping to do.

Aeytrious

Rit was enjoying the calm of the day, sitting with Fin on the water when he noticed the ship approaching. The dark aura that surrounded the ship made him use his near omniscience to call up what he knew of that vessel. Hades' Call, the ship of Edmund Preach more commonly known as Captain Blackheart. A man such as that would not bring good things to the shores of the Yoreiqi Isles.

Ritousaey, guardian of the multiverse, charged with restoring the balance of this universe by bringing light and hope to this Earth could not let the scourge of the high seas land at Ainu's port. He waved his hand and strong winds picked up, blowing strong into the sails of Hades' Call. The winds would push the ship away from the islands, they would shift so that the vessel couldn't laveer and make port. If the pirates wanted to land, they would have to lower their sails and use oars. To make that difficult as well, Rit shifted the local currents around the ship. The rowers would be stroking against those currents if they tried for Ainu. Rit did not wish to engage in combat directly with the pirates, not unless he had to. Hopefully his deterrents would suffice. Just in case he stepped out of this moment in time and found the lookout that was assigned to spotting pirates today. An invisible force that was Rit urged the lookout to use his spyglass and see Hades' Call. When he caught sight of the boat Rit whispered the name of the ship into his mind and name struck fear into his heart. The spotter would start the alarm, the island would be combat ready long before Captain Blackheart could arrive at port with the difficulties Rit had set in his path. He stepped back into the moment he had left, and Fin would not even notice he had been gone, for truthfully, he had not. Being more powerful than the "little g" gods of this world, being omnipresent was an easy trick for Rit.

"Well Fin," Rit said to his little friend, "as long as you have the crystal tear I gave you, you will forever be protected, and not have to worry about such perils."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin noted the ship and Rit's attention to it. She almost asked some questions, but didn't say anything to break his concentration. It wasn't long before he was back to her. She listened to what he said more questions coming to her.

"How does that work? What was up with that ship?" She said not sure about any of this. It didn't scare her though. She just wanted to know.