Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Life is but a dream

Started by Ycharley, January 12, 2013, 11:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ycharley

Adrien took his glass and raised it to her toast. "Your not running and screaming, an improvement over reactions in the past," He spoke with a small smirk before bringing the glass to his lips. He took a long drink, letting the sweet wine sit on his tongue for a moment before swallowing it down. Her seem of ease about his presence was if nothing, a breath of fresh air.

Adrien lowered the glass and offered Samantha a short smile. "So M'lady, tell me more about yourself if you do not mind. I find you most interesting," He spoke, his voice sincere. He reached up to the high starched collar of his shirt, adjusting it before reaching up and running his hand through his damp dark hair. Though he loved talking to Samantha, he would be relieved to change into something that wasn't wet.

Zane

Sam swallowed her mouthful of wine before she spoke. "I have little reason to fear, anything that is capable of great evil is also capable of great good. You have not threatened me and you volunteered that information. Something tells me that you want to do good." she grabbed the bottle of wine and walked over to the fireplace in the study, a small fire providing warmth to the room. Sam tossed another log on and sat in front of it, motioning for Adrien to join her. It was a hope that the fire would dry out their clothes. "What would you like to know?"

Ycharley

Adrien walked to join her by the fireplace, sitting down slowly. He enjoyed the warmth the fire offered, and knew the warmth would increase for a while with a new log. He leaned back slightly and thought for a moment.

"What information are you willing to share?" He asked with a slight grin. He didn't want to push too far yet he still wanted to learn as much as he could. "Favorite color, book, season, place?" He asked knowing the the questions wouldn't offend her.

Zane

Samantha leaned back, crossing her legs under the bottom of her dress. "Favorite color, Velvet. Favorite book, I've read a few thousand are you really going to ask me to choose? Favorite season, Winter, I love the chill in the air. Favorite place, anywhere I can freely express myself, that's what is most important to me. And what about you? Surely you have had some adventures of your own."

Ycharley

Adrien looked at her and laughed, "I've lived over three hundred years, I have quite a few adventures." He looked up at the fire. "Well, my favorite color is midnight blue, and if I can't ask you to choose a favorite book I don't think it is fair that you ask me, I have read enough books in my time. My favorite season would have to be spring, and I move around enough to really have a favorite place. I haven't really stayed anywhere long enough to get attached to it. Though I feel that that palace I have bought will become a place I like to keep coming back to."

Zane

"Fair enough." Sam looked into the fire, eyes transfix as the log started to catch ablaze. "Tell me Adrien, what does it mean to be an Incubus, I'm afraid that there aren't many books on demons that I have access to, and I can't really go out and talk to soldiers that much."

Ycharley

"It means I am a demon with more specialized abilities. I can seduce more easily, I have the natural looks that draws people in, I can induce lust, make men or women alike want me physically. Means I can enter dreams and do what I want," He said trying to explain. It was true he could do all of those things, he also had fine tuned senses, better than most normal demons.

Zane

Samantha Chuckled softly, "Well aren't you powerful? Though the entering dreams sounds pretty interesting. Tell me, what good do you think you could do with your powers?" It was an honest question, one that she felt she had to ask, the ability to do good does no good without the creativity to come about it.

Ycharley

Adrien took a deep breath in as he thought. "Well I can help people deal with traumas and such. Plus sex addicts, I can help them," He laughed, a dark tone entering his voice for a moment. He turned to look towards her. "Your abilities don't require so much creativity I'm sure though."

Zane

Samantha sighed, "No, my ability just gives me ideas. After a tangent, I have an idea, usually a profitable or a helpful one. The wine we are drinking now, came from a tangent when I was eight, in two years the Liem family became well known for their wine. It's part of the reason we hold a nobility status in the three powers of Serendipity, Connloath and Adela. We originally were Barons, but my wine idea made us a Marquess family."

Ycharley

"See, your ability is good. You helped to better your family, how is that not good?" Adrien asked glancing in her direction. Adrien wished that he had a family to better. Then the tragic story of his family came to memory, it made his claws clench and his muscles tense.

"At least you have a family that you can help to better."

Zane

"every blessing has a price, I figured you would understand this. My idea turned my father, a once respectable man, into a drunkard, an insufferable drunkard at that. I doubt he even realized you were coming today. This morning, like every morning, he woke up and went to the tavern, if and when he comes back, he is usually plastered. If I could, I would take back my wine idea just to get him back. But that isn't possible." Thunder tore across the sky, this storm was going to be a long one, her father would have at least the sense to stay at the tavern, or at least the tavern keeper would have the sense to keep him there.

Ycharley

"You have a mother, that is more than I have had for a long time. I've been alone for a very long time. Even when my parents were alive, they weren't much of parents. They were vile beings, even my father, a human, was no better than my demon mother," Adrien said with a deep sigh, pushing anything those words brought up to the surface, back down.

Adrien looked up towards the ceiling. The storm was raging outside, he could hear it in the winds and in the bones of the manor.

Zane

"Okay, you've got me there. I've got a mother that cares about be, albeit she is trying to force my hand into marriage, but she does care enough to let me choose my own husband, many of the friends I used to have when I was little, all of whom were nobleman's daughters, are already married and a few have children of their own. One of my best friends from childhood died giving birth. That's part of the reason that I don't want to get married is because I don't want to bear a child, not yet at least." She paused. Listening to the rain. "I'm sorry, I really don't mean to ramble, it just happens."

Ycharley

"You can get married and not have children, you just need a husband who is understanding and wouldn't want to try to force it on you," He said with a shrug like it wasn't a big deal. Adrien had been quite the man whore for a long time and he had managed to not get anyone of them pregnant. A fact that he was quite proud of. He looked over at her and smiled," getting married can't be that bad."

Zane

"Would you be understanding and not try to force it upon me?" Samantha sighed, "I don't know, maybe I'm just being to harsh, my experience with caring and compassionate men that I know I can trust without a shadow of a doubt is few and far between. Most men see me only for my body and it's infuriating." Sam took a deep breath, calming herself down.

Ycharley

"Of course, I'm in no hurry to have children, I have the next couple of centuries for that," He spoke with a laugh. He offered her a bright smile, and looked towards the fire. "I pity those that do not see your amazing intellect. While beauty is nice, it fades, it is nothing to completely fixate on," Adrien spoke softly, hoping she took his words in the way that he meant them instead of construing them into something completely different.

Zane

Weather Adrien really meant what he said or not, did not matter to Samantha. What mattered to her, was that it was probably one of the sweetest things a man had ever told her. She leaned into him, resting her head on his shoulder. "You're different from any man I've ever met, I'm sorry for being so hateful when you first got here. But I'm glad you didn't leave." That was probably more affection she has shown to anyone in the past four years.

Ycharley

Adrien wrapped his arm around her very gently, he didn't want to make her think he was making a move. "We all put up walls to protect ourselves from enjury, whether they be physical or emotion. So don't be sorry, you were just trying to protect yourself the best way you knew how. I am glad that I didn't leave either," he spoke, his words soothing.

Zane

For the first time in her conscious memory, as vast as it is, her mind was not going in several directions at once. She was calm and her mind was blank, a peace which was unknown to her. Basking in the heat of the fire, leaning against a man who was most of what she originally sought after. It all seemed so serene. Samantha had always imagined that she would become the head of the Liem family before she got married. But now, for ever so short a time, she could see a future very different from that. Before she slowly drift off to sleep in Adrien's hold.