Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Path Before Us [Rhi]

Started by Nix, January 18, 2013, 09:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nix

For a girl who had grown up on these plains she sure didn't know how to survive on them. Khavanri was lost and had no idea where she was going or what she was doing. That was part of why she ran away from her tribe to begin with though. Nothing the elders had taught her prepared her for any of this! Then again... she was never supposed to be out on her own... she was a Light Chaser and a very sheltered one too. Which was exactly what she hated!

She didn't want to be provided for without doing anything! She didn't want to keep living a life that wasn't even her choice! It would just be nice if she knew what she did want to do.

Or even what to do next.

It had been three nights since she ran away from the Dimuro camp and she was running out of water and didn't even know where to find more around here. She had found plants she recognized as edible at least but couldn't even hunt anything despite having her bow with her.

She had never shot anything! Khavanri's archery was graceful and highly accurate, but she had never shot at a living target. As a Light Chaser she had been taught the practice for ceremonial purposes, not hunting. Maybe this was all part of why she felt so useless and out of place there.

The sun was setting as she leaned against a large rock and looked up at the sky. If she was supposed to instinctively know 'the Path' as a spiritual leader to her people... well, she never felt more like they had the wrong person.
Amalendu Somadev // Arkyn // Ayvya // Brynjar Eir // Cijii // Demaraen Astarthos // Jaibah
// Kaavi Klkrin // Kevinth Arik // Khavanri Jalmuur // Kiaal Ethyarion // Lahvi // Mahvash Samara // Maram-Jinan // Robin // Runeha // Siiraia Ethyarion // Sureya Anelise // Tryggvi Vilhjal

"FEELING GREAT ABOUT YOURSELF IS NOT A JOKING ISSUE, iT IS HEAVY DUTY BUSINESS, aND NEEDS TO BE GIVEN ALL THE SERIOUSNESS THAT SAD THINGS GET" ~American Sports Legend, Charles Barkley

Rhindeer

Feeling antsy, Rafa had set out early that morning to hunt--or rather, to check the snares he'd set earlier that day. Many of them were empty, but two held rabbits, and that was good enough for him. It was enough for a decent meal, maybe a stew? If they had anything to make a stew with, who knew? Rafa was not a cook; roasting a kill over a pit was about the extent of his knowledge.

With the rabbits strung up and tossed over his shoulder, Rafa started to head back when a figure in the distance caught his eye--a girl, all alone.

Immediately he went on edge, ears perking up and eyes narrowing as he watched. She didn't move with the confident certainty of someone with a destination, and then she leaned against a boulder and stared skyward. Lost, maybe? In trouble? Well, if she wasn't in trouble now, she would be if she stayed out here alone much longer; there were raiders who would love nothing more than to get their hands on fresh stock.

Heading toward her, Rafa called to her before he reached her, so as not to catch her off guard. "Don't tell me you're lost."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Nix

Khava was startled by the other's words and her eyes left the sky to fall upon pink hair and a pair of fox ears. She had never seen anything like it! It made her nervous to see such a hybrid creature for the first time but, well... he was so... cute! She stood up straight and rubbed at her arm a bit as he approached. She probably should have been more guarded, but he didn't seem dangerous.

"I-I'm not lost... I just, don't know where I'm going..."
Amalendu Somadev // Arkyn // Ayvya // Brynjar Eir // Cijii // Demaraen Astarthos // Jaibah
// Kaavi Klkrin // Kevinth Arik // Khavanri Jalmuur // Kiaal Ethyarion // Lahvi // Mahvash Samara // Maram-Jinan // Robin // Runeha // Siiraia Ethyarion // Sureya Anelise // Tryggvi Vilhjal

"FEELING GREAT ABOUT YOURSELF IS NOT A JOKING ISSUE, iT IS HEAVY DUTY BUSINESS, aND NEEDS TO BE GIVEN ALL THE SERIOUSNESS THAT SAD THINGS GET" ~American Sports Legend, Charles Barkley

Rhindeer

"Mm." Rafa gave a noncommittal grunt as he came to a stop near her, arms crossed over his broad chest. He looked her up and down and gave a little snort.

"Is there an actual difference between the two?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Nix

"Yes. I mean... That is to say... I think so?" she knew approximately how far she was from her tribe's camp, the general direction it was in... And that she wanted to put more distance between her and the camp. "The difference is I don't have a destination... So can't exactly be lost can I?" Or maybe she was more fundamentally lost than that. "...What about you?" Khava looked the strange man over and noted he also had a tail. He was really really cute! Why was this strange creature so cute?! And pink!