Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Spammer/troll alert!

Started by Rhindeer, January 25, 2013, 12:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

This is just a head's up to let folks know that there is a troll/spammer going around the RPG community.

They haven't shown up on SotE yet, but they've been hitting a lot of major RPG directories and the RPGs on them, as well as going through a website's affiliates and hitting all the games associated with them. They tend to join up and PM-spam everyone with disturbing images, and troll folks in the cbox.

So just be on the lookout! If anything strange pops up, please PM me or Tally immediately!

As a precaution, just until this blows over, we're going to limit the PM permissions of newly registered members.

In the meantime, we suggest that if you get a PM from a newly registered member, especially one who hasn't interacted with the site much yet (such as introduced themselves or posted a character profile) to hold off on opening the PM until me or Tally can get online and confirm that they're legit.

But with any luck, this'll all blow over soon and the pest will never hit us! <3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tally

They're PMing gore photos among other things. xP  As of tonight, they are STILL active and making the rounds to more sites.

To add to this:  the 'Report to moderator' option you see beneath a post or PM is a magical thing.  It sends me an email, which shows up as a notification on my phone, which I always have on me.  So make use of that little dealie!

Tags: