Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

SwordSong(Zane)

Started by alex_xr, February 07, 2013, 11:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_xr

Tass smiled " Of course I am ready, it sounds good to me. "  She wondered what it was going to be like. She was sure it was going to be hard work. But she was pretty sure she could handle it.   it was always good to train as it paid off in the end.  She prepared to follow him where ever he might lead them. She wondered if she would ever get use to the layout of this place.  It was an legitimate question.  She looked to Baldur and waited for him to lead the way.

Zane

Baldur walked out of the room and to the left. Another left, two rights, a flight if stairs, a left and a right later, they were in a busy mess hall. "First and most important thing though, is breakfast." Baldur entered the line for food, the other patrons around too busy getting food or eating to notice that the crown prince was eating with them.

alex_xr

Tass, smiled and followed Baldur, trying to memorize the way was that a left two rights, stairs and a right or and a left? She shrugged hoping to get it right next time.  She felt subconscious as she entered the mess hall but continued to follow them. She didn't pay attention much to what they gave her, Someone might notice that her food was no longer what it was, it was now suddenly an elven meal.  She smiled at Baldur and began to eat her meal. She had some magic and not much but enough to make life easy. That was what a lot of elves had.   
" So training next, I can't wait" She managed to get out, finding it hard to talk to this man suddenly, he seemed so important,  she didn't she how she was worth his time.

Zane

Baldur became very stone-faced the moment Tass changed her food, he didn't say or do anything other then go to a table, he knew what was coming, as did anyone who happened to notice the fact that her food had changed. There was a reason other elven trainees did not use magic for their own benefit, mainly, it was unfair to those without the ability to use magic to get ahead. Laws against such practice of magic had been in place since the time of the first king. The other; Spec Ops, those who enforce the laws, never miss anything.

As Tass sat down, a man in his late twenties sat next to her. Which, in a busy mess hall, happens a few times every few minutes. What happened next, was very unusual and got people's attention very quickly. "Excuse me miss. But it seems like a rather, what's the words I'm looking for, unfair advantage that you can change your meal when there are about seventy other trainees in this room at this very moment who, for one have been training longer then you and two, will, based on your weapons, work harder then you every day, can't change their meals."

By now the entire mess hall was silent, nobody spoke, nobody ate, except Baldur, nobody looked away, except Baldur who suddenly found interest in various things around the room. The man decided to finish his speech, "Now I don't know what all you know about Guildfist or the way we run things in this territory, But we in Guildfist are very knowledgeable, just as I know I can completely incapacitate you through a pressure point in the palm of your hand, our cooks now how to make meals that will benefit you, that's why most of us here are around six foot tall. So I rather feel since you so kindly felt like you didn't need to eat our food, you, Ainariƫl, can do without." with that the man grabbed her plate, got up and went to throw it away before sitting next to Baldur.

Finally Baldur spoke up, "Tass, meet Tobias Temp, he is the leader of the Guildfist Special Operations, his authority is second only to the crown."

alex_xr

Tass was lost.. not only did this strange man know her elven name, but he seemed rather stuck that she had changed her food, She thought nothing of it..  and what did they mean judging by her weapons work harder than her. She felt like they were taking something seemingly meaningless and making a big deal out of it.

Tass, sighed at the loss of her meal. It didn't bother her that he took it, she in theory could go to her pack and eat some of her stuff from before she came.  She didn't understand how changing her food was unfair.. she would of done it for others.  She didn't know if she would like this she had always been free to do what she wanted, and this man.. this tobias was stopping her.  She was a bit red from embarassement of being yelled at in front of everyone. 

She had trained at her homeland, she was no stranger to her weapons, she looked to Tobias and wondered what he meant by that.  She knew now was not the time to ask though or talk back. She knew when to keep her mouth closed. 

"Nice to meet,  The name is TASS, how you got my elven name remains to be seen " She glared at him, It was something she hadn't shared except at her homeland.  She wasn't sure what to do about it.  Part of her wanted to run away, but she wouldn't do that. She wanted to get stronger, it just seemed that they were strange.  A thought of changing something on him came to mind but she refrained and even hid the smirk.   Was she not allowed to use magic now?  She thought that it was fair to train and use one's talent, and had been taught a good way to practice ones control over magic was to use it often.  She sat in silence and wondered what was going to happen here.

Zane

Baldur slipped an apple from his food under the table and into Tass's lap, Tobias saw it but wouldn't do anything about it unless she decided to eat it now.

"Well now Tobias, it's been a good long time since you've seen me and the first thing you do is scold my pupil. How kind of you."
Tobias smiled, "but of course. Everyone gets scolded on their first day of combat school."
"True enough."

The two exchanged a smile. "You know Tobias, you've been slipping, there are brigands operating out of Niahi."
"I know full well about the brigands I just haven't had the time to deal with them. Musica and myself were going in three days time. If you wanted to come to you could."
"Well then it's settled, Tass and myself will join you, guess you now have something to train for eh Tass."

alex_xr

Tass took the apple and put it in her pocket, grateful to Baldur, She was glad he was here.  " I thought Musica was the blacksmith? Why would he go and help kill brigands? " She was a bit confused but perhaps he had more than role, though it seeemd odd to her. Tass smiled at word of going out and doing something.  " Of course I can't wait, to put the training to use"

Tass wondered though, what was training going to be like?  How hard would it be? how taxing? She was guessing it could be anything, knowing that several teachers in other places she had seen had very different definitions of training.  " So, you are tasked with riding the forest of filth?"

Zane

"That is a very good question" Tobias stated, "and the answer is that while Musica may be the Smith lord, he is also a respected warrior in out community, a silver strider, and an unarmed combat instructor. Only two people have ever beaten the man. Myself and Baldur."

Baldur finished his meal. He stood from the table. "Come on Tass, time to begin training."

"Mind if I come?" Asked Tobias.

"Sure why not." Baldur lead the two from the room. Down two flights of stairs, a left then another and they were out in one of the castle's many courtyards. Five targets were set up on a stone circle facing inward. "Stand in the center Tass."

alex_xr

Tess nodded and pocketed the apple, she had been handed. She would have to eat it some other time.   Tess smiled as she saw the targets, and stood in the center, wondering what he would have her do.  She awaited with her hand ready to grab her bow if that was needed or her whip.. or perhaps he was doing something else, She just didn't know what to think of it.    This was a strange place.  She looked to Baldur awaiting instruction.

Tags: