Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Paradox's Pictures

Started by Paradox, February 24, 2013, 09:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

I haven't drawn anything in over ten years. I'm serious. I lost my drive in highschool because I went to college, Art 1A and the students as well as the professor were jerks. I wasn't a very confident kid back then.

I've tried to get back into the habit because I know that I can draw and I can improve with time and practice. I've just not pushed myself as I should have. Call me lazy. Ugh.

Anywho, last night I sat down and forced myself to just draw something. That something turned out to be an old rp character of mine that I will use here at SotE here someday. :S

And without further ado, I present Rekk!

Before!

Craptastic, yes? Heh. I'm poor. Used a no.2 pencil and plain old cheap drawing paper. I tried not to take too much time drawing this and I didn't have a reference so it was kinda hard for me. -.-

I'm aware of the anatomy errors. I've discussed them with friends, family etc but the goal of this picture wasn't to get anything right. It was to just draw...for once. :S

After!

Here is the colored version. A very crude coloring done by mouse on Microsoft Paint. Not very easy, let me tell you. Not for me, anyway.

I like the color scheme for the hair, eyes, skin etc. but not crazy about the outfit which I got extremely lazy with. lol. Oh well. :/ I'll be studying clothing later along with feathers (another thing I was too lazy to draw...that dark brown area on his skin was supposed to be feathers...>>)

I'll be drawing more, perhaps sharing here if possible. x3  I might take requests/art trades when I have time. (As if people would be lining up for that. lulz)

P.S.- If you can't figure out what the heck this is supposed to be, it's a bird guy. xD That weird yellow thing on his face is a beak. And the dark brown patch on his skin were supposed to be feathers. xD There you go!

Also, hurrah for lazy background! I didn't want to leave it white. Drives me crazy. ><;

Sorry for the dead links. I moved stuff around in photobucket. >>

Lorcain

That's so awesome :3

Here's a link to Paint.NET, (if you've not got it XP) it'll save you the pain of MS Paint - plus it's free!

http://www.getpaint.net/

Paradox

Thank you for the kind words. I don't seek backpats but it's always encouraging when other people appreciate something you've made. :) So, thank you very much for taking the time!

Paint.net huh? Wow! Thanks, Lorcain! I'll check that out! 

visualspice

Rekkers!
<3

You already know my special brained comments but I'll add to it-
You gotta start somewhere, eh?
And painting with a mouse is hard D:
but can be done. I've done it for years before I got my wacom (but man did my wrist hurt lol)

but yay for Rekk! *supports more arts*

*EDIT/ADD* also you should get back on deviant art- JUST SAYIN'
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Haha. Thanks , Spice!

Oh yeah. Painting that slop job alone with Paint was hell. It took me hours and I can't tell you how many times I hit the undo button or the redo button or forgot to save...then cussed myself out and sobbed because much progress was lost. x3

Oh DA. I have very mixed feelings about the website. I dunno. Maybe I will if I manage to draw enough to even start a gallery. x3

visualspice

aww.

YOU COULD AT LEAST PUT THEM UP FOR ME! JERK D<

but yeah, I too, have mixed feelings about dev. art. Only because I'm slightly bitter about choosing to let my career die D:
and not caring to hone in on muh skillz. But s'all good. Art is for fun- so during the times I remind myself that, I canz drawz again 8D (sometimes.. >> )
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lorcain

HI SPICE! *derp wave*

Quote from: Paradox on February 24, 2013, 10:01:47 AM
Thank you for the kind words. I don't seek backpats but it's always encouraging when other people appreciate something you've made. :) So, thank you very much for taking the time!

Paint.net huh? Wow! Thanks, Lorcain! I'll check that out! 

No problem, I know exactly it feels ^_^

I've been using ArtRage\Open Canvas and then Paint.Net, but the first two you have to pay for (and I was lucky enough to get a free copy of Art Rage with my tablet :3), but Paint.Net is not too bad at all :D

I only use AR and OC for drawing, and Paint.NET for everything else.

If you wanna learn new tricks you can head over to my DA page (on my profile there :D ) take a look-see and ask me about a certain technique if you want. Plus, I think Rhi-Rhi, VisualSpice, Looshi and Lion have galleries worth checking too (though I can be damned if I can't remember their DA names >.<

Paradox

I say I dislike DA but I watch it. I just deactivated my account ages ago. I actually DID watch Spice's old DA account. I've known her /rp'd with her for years. Almost as long as SotE has existed , though not quite. Yep. I'm a creeper Spice stalker. :/

I've also seen Rhi's, Tally's, Lion's DA pages. >.> Because I'm a nosy thing.

I haven't stalked Looshi though...now I will. >:3

Oh. I've looked at Beastie's DA too and some others. Can't remember them all. I like to look at art a lot. xD

I will check your page out as well, thanks!

zozee9

I saw this because I'm a creeper Sharkie stalker. :/ Aka I was looking at who's online and you were looking at this and I'm like OMG SHARKIE PICTURES.

Anyway, you should add your new stuff. ;) All those self portraits are beautiful! <3
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Paradox

I was contemplating taking 1 art request/trade per 2 weeks from my fellow SotE folks for practice, actually. ^^

I haven't posted my stuff from DA since it's not SotE-related. Also, I do have quite a bit in my scrapbook too, Zoz. In fact, there's quite a bit more in there. Hehe.

zozee9

I will participate in that. ;D Though I now owe you a drawing, anyway... xD *owes waaaaaay too many drawings at the moment*

... I'm also guilty of posting non SotE-related things in my thread. Because art is art! <3
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Paradox

:3 Maybe you'll be my first customer.

Ultimately, I would like to work up to being able to draw an amusing scene from each thread I participate in. Like, for example , Tanya cooking breakfast on her giant frying pan. lol

zozee9

Yupppp that pan is huge. I was gonna try to write the dimensions when I wrote that post, but it completely slipped my mind. XD I also don't really know what their stove would've looked like. O.o