Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wild Flowers (Scythe-Nova! C: )

Started by Passifloraceae, April 01, 2013, 09:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Passifloraceae

Was there anything as fun as dancing on the plains? To watch as the wind swept her brothers and sisters back and forth, smile as the sun warmed their faces and egged them to draw their faces towards it, and to frolic between rows of family, listening to them in her heart while she made mobile not just her own body, but their dreams. Why was she the only one? Were there more in other fields, perhaps? The sun tickled her own face, and Taegan turned to look at it, smiling earnestly.

The sunflower child had little to do with all of the time and freedom in the world to do it. She was so young with so little knowledge of...well, anything! But what ambition she possessed! Without going very far from where she had once been rooted, Taegan had watched men and creatures traverse these lands, examined them traveling to survive, and had even seen a few children here and there. The children were what she loved the most, and sometimes she would approach them, eager to meet and to please. They were always traveling, and traveling anxiously and quickly with family, so Taegan would ultimately become some story they'd tell friends who wouldn't believe them, but the child didn't mind. Someday she would travel and meet all of the children, and she would dance with these creatures as friends instead of hide when they got too close.

It was a typically sunny and friendly day in the field of wildflowers she called home, and she chose the highest time of the sun's day to dance her loneliness away. There certainly would be no one around, and so she could dream and dance all she wanted to without being afraid.

Scythe-Nova

As most times Ikki traveled she did so with the goal of studying the flora and fauna, and today it had led her to this flower filled plain. she stood at the edge of the field and looked out over it with a slight smile while shielding her eyes from the sun.

-"This seems like a nice spot.."

She said silently to herself as she walked over to the first best flower, her wooden sandals did not sound much from walking upon the grass making her more silent in her approach than normal. She reached out to the flower in front of her and ran the tips of her fingers along the petals of the flower before leaning down towards the flower and taking a slight sniff umming silently from the sweet fragrance.

-".."

She smiled as she loosened the straps on her apothecary chest and put it down next to her and then opening it and retrive a small book and an old fountain pen. She sat down upon the Apothecary chest after she had closed it, she opened the small book and began to write in the book and looking back up at the flowers around her from time to time. After some moments of writing Ikki began humming to herself a song she had overheard during her travels many times at diffrent places.

((That okay? :3))

Passifloraceae

Taegan's dancing had immediately ceased when she heard a voice not too far from where she twirled. Her eyes darted to the visitor of her field, and she watched curiously as the girl...a gatherer perhaps? began to write. What was she scratching down in that book, Taegan wondered! She imagined the words dancing around with her, and then music was accompanying them, the girl's humming lending the air a sense of merriment.

"You write story?" Taegan asked from where she blended into the flowers around her, waiting for some time to enjoy the music before breaking that tranquil air. Her voice was like bellsong, quiet but eager. "In book, write story?" Her language was broken, but she had spent small amounts of time with the children and picked up some of their words. They spoke of stories all the time, reenacting them in her fields and going on adventures in their minds that Taegan could only dream of.

Scythe-Nova

Ikki stopped her humming as she heard the voice and looked around with a suprised expression, Many thoughts went through her mind as she searched for the origin of the voice. Not finding it she looked back at the flowers and put away her book carefully.

-"No not a story, i'm writing about the flowers.."

She said still looking around for the source of the voice with a slightly worried expression on her face, she wondered about the broken up language of the speaker thinking about what kind of creature would talk like that. Maybe some kind of spirit or maybe a young creature that had not learned to speak properly? no the voice sounded more like that of a child she thought, She rose from her seating and landed upon the soft grass and looked around some more for the source of the voice.

-"Who are you?"

She then asked as she scanned the area with her gaze still not finding the source, She let on a gentle expression as she looked around to not scare the speaker.

Passifloraceae

"Taegan," the flower child responded as she looked up to Ikki, curiousity in her eyes as she reached out to touch at her leg. She was standing right beside her, disappointed that she had put the book away. Maybe it was a secret book that nobody else could see! The girl didn't seem particularly dangerous, though, so regardless of her secret book, Taegan wanted to meet her. She held her arms up almost as if she were a small child begging to be picked up. "You are...who too?"

Scythe-Nova

Ikki kept searching for the source of the voice and twitched as she felt something against her leg and looked down upon the small one, Her expression was that of confusion but quickly changed into a calm smile. She crouched down next to the very small girl and looked at her with interest untill she noticed her holding her arms up, she got the message and reached out with both her hands and picked her up and rose from her crouch looking at Taegan.

-"Who i am?.. I'm Ikki Talorim.."

Ikki doubted that Taegan knew what an alchemist was so she simply left that information out, she felt a bit akward holding the girl and put her don on top of her Apothecary chest and looked at her with a curious smile.

-"So.. Taegan was it?"

Passifloraceae

Taegan didn't fight at all at being picked up, and looked at Ikki with the eyes a fawn would give its mother. She likewise did not fight when being put down on the apothecary chest, sitting there without a care in the world, staring up at Ikki with the utmost curiousity and eagerness. She was a very light little creature, as light as any of the sunflowers the alchemist might have picked up before. "Ikki Talorim...Ikki sounds happy-like, yes..." With a tilt of the head she then pointed to herself, never once moving her eyes from Ikki's. "Taegan, yes! Me, Taegan is Taegan! Her long tendril-like fingers brushed along the chest, "What does Taegan sit on?"

Scythe-Nova

-"Ehm well it is an Apothecary chest.. it's where i keep my medicines"

She said as she studied Taegan with great interest taking mental notes of her appearance and behaviour so that she could make a picture to the entry she were going to write about this encounter. She crouched a bit so that her head were leveled with Taegan.

-"What are you?"

She asked and tilted her head still looking at her with great interest and curiousity, She reached out and held her hand besides Taegan remembered that she were about to touch a sentient creature who migth be offended if she did not ask so she kept her hand where it was for the moment.

-"May i touch you Taegan?"

Passifloraceae

Taegan smiled a bright, eager smile when the stranger put her head down to her level. Her eyes were ever-constantly staring at Ikki with wide curiousity, and she seemed to put a lot of thought to the question posed. "What...is Taegan...it's hard to know..." She finally broke her attention away from Ikki's face, bringing her long, tendrillate fingers around in a sweeping motion to gesture to the flowers that enveloped the field. "Taegan's brothers and sisters," she exclaimed proudly before turning back to Ikki, her next question posed.

The flower child put her own long fingers onto Ikki's outstretched hand, as if permission had been given her to touch Ikki and not a request for the other way around. She nodded, though, as if she understood. "Touch! Ikki is so warm!"

Scythe-Nova

When Taegan mentioned her "Brothers and Sisters" she followed Taegans gesture with her gaze, realizing after a moment that she were talking about the flowers she looked back at Taegan and blushed slightly when she touched her hand. She let the small girl do as she pleased while Ikki looked at her still with great interest.

-"..."

Ikki seemed to recall something from deep in her memmories, A book she read once spoke of creatures born from nature like a personification of nature itself. Maybe that is what this little creature was, she wondered about this for a long time as she got absorbed in her thoughts like she did from time to time forgetting the world around her momentarily.

Passifloraceae

Taegan was ever-patient, smiling serenely up at Ikki with not a care in the world. The lady's silence seemed not to faze her at all, and the flower child snaked the tendrils of her fingers along Ikki's arms, upwards as if they were climbing a trellis of sorts. She did not say anything, not having been spoken to herself. She just kept on smiling.

Scythe-Nova

Ikki were brought back from her trance like state when she felt the tendrils upon her arm and she looked at them curiously before she closed in the distance with Taegan by lifting her up again with both her hands having her sit upon her hands close to her face.

-"So Taegan what do you like doing?"

She asked with a bright smile as she looked upon Taegan with such great interest and curiousity.

Passifloraceae

Taegan cast her eyes down as she pressed a finger to her chin and thought about this. She worded the question slowly to herself before looking back up to Ikki with a curious, but strangely serious, gaze. "Taegan likes moving! Dancing...yes, dancing!" Eagerly, Taegan reached out a long finger to poke at Ikki in the nose. "Ikki like?"

Scythe-Nova

-"What i like?"

Ikki tilted her head as she looked at Taegan before she smiled and giggled a bit when Taegan poked her nose.

-"Well i like Traveling and writing my books"

She said as she Sat down in the grass with Taegan still in hand, She looked at Taegan with a calm gaze as she put down Taegan onto her lap as she leaned back slightly.

Passifloraceae

"Traveling..." Taegan rolled this word around her mouth for a moment or two, feeling it as she let it sink in. She knew the word book, but knowing she couldn't read made them less available for her to ponder upon. "Traveling...Ikki go lots of places?"

((OOC: I'm sorry this took so long to respond to...we've had some really bad weather down here lately, and I haven't had internet at times. In addition to that, we've had some trouble go down at one of my jobs, so I've been working extra hours there and just...blargh. x_x Should be better now, though!! Sorry. :c))

Scythe-Nova

-"Yes places all over the world"

She said and nodded towards Taegan with a happy smile, Ikki thought this creature was cute and very entertaining. She looked at the small creature before she reached into her Apothecary chest and pulled out a large but thin book that she opened up, the page she showed were a map over the continent of Le'raana where all over the map there were marks that showed where she had been, and there were a lot of marks more than one would bother to count but then again Ikki have had over four hundred years to travel the continent.

-"All the marks on this map shows where i have been."

((OOC: No worries Flora :3 It happens to everyone sometime *Huggles*))

Passifloraceae

((OOC: I am so sorry...I thought that this posted...))

Taegan oooohed, pressing a long finger to each mark, quickly losing count in her head. "Ikki has been everywhere," she mused, admiring the couples. She wondered if these giant color masses were fields of flowers out there. The blue was most likely very pretty, and so large!! Greens and browns.... "Why is Ikki here, then?"

Scythe-Nova

[OOC: Don't worry we all make mistakes sometimes :3]

Ikki watched with a smile at Taegan's reaction towards the map she showed her, This little flower child felt so innocent so joyfull it almost made Ikki cry but she held the tears in as Taegan asked her why she were here.

-"Well i'm on an Adventure, I travel all around the world and help people and write down the new things i experience in these books..."

Passifloraceae

"What does Ikki experience here?" Taegan asked slowly, turning her eyes back to Ikki's face with unmasked curiousity. She didn't recognize the emotion Ikki seemed to exude, unfamiliar with most emotions herself. Not to say that she didn't feel them; she just had a hard time placing them. "The world on map is big....must be fun."

Scythe-Nova

-"Well i'm experiencing Taegan right now am i not"

She said with a smile before she picked up her quill and the book that held and she flipped to a empty page and pointed to it.

-"On this page i'm going to write about you, but i would also like to make a drawing of you"

She said and smiled friendly and flipped to another page with a drawing of a flower was besides to a lot of text.