Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

2 Shades Of Red (Eveline)

Started by Brisinger987, May 04, 2013, 03:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

He examined the streets of Northwatch, looking through the crowds of people. The occasional guard passed but payed no heed. Many men had hoods up, and faces down. A few women. His blood red eyes scanned people. Some Thanati citizens might recognise him. Or they didn't know. He found a food stall, paid for some bread, and continued on his way. Eventually he became bored. He looked at the sky, and saw the suns position. He tried to remember where the graveyard was. When night fell he would set to work animating skeletons and zombies for a warm up. Then possibly summon some spirits to haunt the area. He felt mischievous and summoning the dead was fun.

Night set in, and he walked to the graveyard. No one stopped him. No one questioned him. He liked this town. Maybe when he retired he would settle here. Or he could simply overrun the town with zombies. That would be more fun. He noticed the man in the graveyard was tending to the grounds. Why did he have to be there?! He would simply kill the man if needs be. Then he remembered his promise to Nadya. No killing unless they posed a massive threat. This groundskeeper did not fit the bill in his humane eyes.

Instead he took the hilt of his knife, walked up to the man, and took a massive swing at his head. The man crumpled under the blow, but silently he went. He took the mans body and dragged it behind the tomb, in the shade of a bush and headstone. He checked the mans pulse, and tied and gagged him. Didn't want him getting up. He took a minute to make himself presentable. He found a suitably damaged and unloved headstone. The flowers were, by his reckoning, at least a year old. He doubted anyone would care.

He needed no book to summon the zombie. He summoned the energy, spoke the rather longwinded incantation for an undead warrior. He waited to hear the pounding and scratching of a flesh hungry zombie. It eventually clawed its way to the surface, and he stroked the skull. His new friend was gonna be this skeleton. It would keep him company. He just hoped no one else was going to be in the graveyard tonight.

Eveline

Eleni walked into the Graveyard. It was a quiet place, and not to mention a beautiful night. She pulled the dark cloak around her tightly. The night was brisk and young. Her ruby eyes seemed to gleam in the light of the moon, leaving behind the dullness they usually hold. A peaceful place where she can think and feel safe; a sanctuary.
   As she walked around the graves and read the names on the tomb she saw a shadow. A murmur of words were given and suddenly a second Silhouette joined the first. Her fingers trembled as she looked at the thing. Could he have....? Eleni let her hair fall over her eyes, not wanting to be hurt or yelled at again. She was tired of it.
   She backed up and tripped over a tomb stone. Why was she such a klutz? Why now? She fell to the ground with a thump and prayed the people didn't hear her.

Brisinger987

The skeleton clacked as it heard the thump. Both the skeleton and Xerordir turned to see the person. He darted over, as the skeleton trudged behind. He grabbed the figure by the throat, drawing his knife. He snarled as he stared at her through his mask. His eyes met hers and he noticed she possessed crimson eyes. That made him all the more wary. She was, in some way, linked to evil. Only two explanations were therefore possible. She was like him, or she was demon born. If she was a practitioner of black magic, he would have to kill her. If she was the child of a demon, he would release her.

"Explain yourself!" He kept his voice down, but still had it raised. "Explain your eye colour while you're at it."

Eveline

The girl clawed at his hands, trying to get him to let go. She stared up at him, the mask on his face blocking her view. She couldn't breath but she strained to reply. He parted her lips, her crimson eyes wide with fear. "I-I...!" She began, her hands gripped around his in attempt to push him away. "I... I'm a daughter of a d-demon!" She managed to choke out.

Brisinger987

Immediately he released her, turned round to his own skeletal warrior and decapitated it. A demons daughter. An exceptionally rare but welcome sight. He felt already that he would get along with her. He sheathed his dagger, and turned to face her. How to introduce himself? Great and mighty or great and terrible? Great and terrible. "A demon child who cannot defend herself? Pathetic." He grinned behind his mask, sending his piercing red eyes so she could see them. "Ah but you are young. You will learn how to fend for yourself." He taunted.

Eveline

She frowned at his words. "I could!" She put in stubbornly. That's when she noticed his eyes and her face softened a bit. He was like her? She wasn't alone? Well, he couldn't be that bad.... Could he? She put down her hood and looked at him curiously. Who was he? And, what was he doing here?

Brisinger987

"Then why didn't you defend, considering you were at the mercy of a necromancer?" He jested, sneering and grinning. He removed his hood and mask, and gave a courteous bow. He had followed with his introduction. Now he was going to study her own introduction. She seemed to have fight in her. That was good. All the easier to corrupt and turn. He needed allies badly. All he had was Nadya. And she just wasn't a resourceful ally.

Eveline

Opened her mouth to say something but sighed, defeated. She looked at him, trying to figure out his motive.
    "Well, I'm a very curious person--I wouldn't get anything out of you if I killed you." Smirked at him. She studied his face now that he had taken off his mask. "Who are you?" Eleni asked, trying to hide the curiosity in her voice and lifting her chin. She was too proud and stubborn to let him get the best of her.
    The girl's cloak hung loosely around her shoulders as her hair messily moved in the breeze. Her face showed arrogance; her voice clipped. Though, curiosity danced in those eyes of hers.

Brisinger987

Her ruby eyes were simply stunning. Oh gods, Nadya had left him in a state by which he was falling in love. He wouldn't hear the end of it if he hurt Nadya though.

"I am Xerordir. Kill me? Bah, I am invincible to those without the right means. I would fry you in quilts of fire. But on a serious note I command death himself." He felt that the bluff was good, and he could pull a flame fan spell or a dark bolt if needed. Something in her was curious. He could see it in her eyes. If she was as proud as he thought, she would be easy to conquer.

Eveline

Eleni Raised a brow. Commanded Death, huh? A grin reappeared on her face, her eyes twinkling. "Death? Fire doesn't hurt me, by the way," turned around, leaving her back to him. That mischievous grin still splattered across her face. "Ask those angry men at the tavern. You won't believe the living hell I have to go through sometimes." Eleni sighed before turning back to the man. She jabbed a finger to his chest and looked up at him "And I doubt you command death. Liar. If you did, you must have stories about it. It would be rather exciting!"
    The girl was petite in comparison to the man in front of her, but she didn't mind. She felt comfortable around him for whatever reason. Maybe it's because of his eyes. They couldn't be that different, could they?

Brisinger987

"Girl, I am a necromancer." He recalled the summoning incantation. "Derockt, Imkil varsada deru!" He pointed the bolt at a grave, and it struck. He heard the scratching of the newly born zombie as it clawed it's way up to the surface. The creature clocked the girl, and began stumbling towards her. He stepped back, smiling, waiting to see what she would do to the zombie. If she did nothing, it would feeld on her, then follow him till it found more prey. He wanted to see how it would turn out. He thought of the fire ball incantation. "Pyrios balletia." He hurled the fireball at the zombie and it caught fire instantaneously. "Show me some moves girl!" He laughed at the sight. She would prove herself or perish.

Eveline

'This guy was crazy,' she thought. She looked at him indifferently as an incantation escaped his lips. Her eyes widened as the bolt passed through his fingers and struck a nearby grave, though.
    Eli noticed the dirt shift as a hand slowly emerged from the grave, followed by a newly born zombie. The half demon girl took a step back as it stumbled towards her. She zoned everything out and soon all she could hear was the creature's pained moans and the echoing of its steps. A faint murmur of words was all she could hear as the zombie was lit. A spontaneous array of flames and sparks surrounded the burning and melting flesh.
    Make it go away. Fear settled in her eyes as the girl took a step back. She turned on her heels and ran to a nearby shed, putting her hands above her head in fear. But, then she thought. She could fight too! Why would she let herself loose to a dead and wasted piece of meat? Eleni looked around too see a shovel and let her face grow emotionless. No more hiding. Eyes flickering blue and with confidence, Eleni stood up and extended a hand towards the zombie. A gust of wind blew across the graveyard; the flames Extinguishing. She growled with disgust at the thing as she charged at it, bashing the shovel into its skull. It desperately clawed at her, trying to pull her down but the girl only kicked it back. No more games. The side of the shovel sliced right through its neck, messily and harshly decapitating the thing. Her lips curled back in disgust, showing her fangs. Eyes glowing dark blue, Eli stabbed the thing in its chest, keeping it nailed to the ground.
     As soon as it started, it ended. The girl crumpled to her knees, holding her head. "Wha--?" She groaned looking at what she had done.

Brisinger987

Xerordir gave a slow applause. She had killed it. Although the manner in which it had happened showed a clear sensitivity to killing. Bless. She had a conscience. He wasn't curious about much. Except the wind spell. No incantation. Very skilled in some magical powers. He wished to know more. "Where and how did you learn that spell?" He asked curiously. She would be easy to train for combat, ruthlessly efficient, gloriously brutal, with looks that the opponent would hang on. A true marvel.

Eveline

Eleni looked up at him. She caught her breath only to let it out with a sigh. "I don't exactly know," shrugs "Sometimes I do things without realizing them at the moment... Hm. Perhaps I read it in a book? I usually just try things and see what happens, then pick it up from there." The girl stood up and walked past the dead thing. Soon, she was passing the man as well, brushing his shoulder as she passed. She couldn't believe he sent a zombie after her! Sure, she was very curious. He may even be able to teach her something... But he tried to kill her...! She had reached a decision in her head: If he called out to her, she would stop. If not, she would leave him. What business did she have with a man who didn't care if she was dead or alive? Then again, nobody really did care.

Brisinger987

"Ah but if you leave, you can't learn how to control that power." He grinned, trying to remember the incantation for wind or an air bolt. He remembered the hurricane summoning but that was useless unless on a boat. He finally recalled wind, and drew it towards him. He threw the wind to her, let it move, then pulled her back using the wind. Demon magics were easy to execute, but hard to perfect. Maybe she could.

Eveline

Eleni Felt the wind wrap around her and felt herself be pulled back. She fell back as the wind dropped her and landed at his feet. She crossed her arms stubbornly "But maybe I don't want to learn to control it... But if I said that, now that would be a lie." Grinned looking up at him. Honestly, she was interested in her powers and what she could do with them. Maybe she'll even learn a thing or two about herself!

Brisinger987

She was certainly of a demons personality. Stubborn, proud, an instinctual survivor. Xerordir had dealt with many demons, mostly observer demons, who scryed the mortal world and recorded dark secrets. Barons conducting secret affairs. Nobles disposing of illegitimate sons and daughters. People doing business with Xerordir. That was a fond memory of his. "First we shall tell a story each. Not a tragic story, an amusing one. One day, I was in Connlaoth, doing business as usual, summoning an observer demon for a duke. This duke was the enemy of a previous client of mine, and he wanted a dirty secret about the client. I summoned a demon, the usual practice occurred, when the demon displayed an image of me and my previous client doing business. You can imagine the shock when I told him that the client had also paid me significant amounts to kill this man. The last thing he saw was me driving a knife into his throat." He smiled grimly.

Eveline

The younger girl frowned but thought a bit about what he said. "The irony of the situation is grimly amusing." Pointed out with a small-but devilish- smirk. "Poor Duke, though." She shrugged before thinking. He had said she had to tell an amusing story as well, right? She thought back a bit before her eyes lit with amusement. "Ok. My turn, correct? Well, after getting chased out of a pub once again, a couple of buff men were on my tail. Long story short, I chased them into the square and tripped them out of no where! The one guy fell on top of a woman who started screaming thinking he was trying to assault her. The other slipped on some cloak and ran into a guy carrying some pails of water...! Next thing you know, the woman's husband was screaming at the man while the other had his rear stuck in a bucket!" Giggled. After calming down a bit she frowned and continued, "Too bad they pointed me out and accused me of being a 'blood thirsty demon.' Those poor people..."
   She Shook her head remembering the scene afterwards. She could remember their bloodcurdling screams and the sound of their fingers clawing against the tough ground. They brought it upon themselves when they pointed at her in disgust; accusation glowing the the townspeople's eyes. They had remembered the death of a towns' person caused by a demon. Why did her species have such a bad reputation? Then again, when she loses control, it's not like she proves their expectations wrong.

Brisinger987

Her story beat his, which was slightly depressing considering hers was awful. He decided to keep his thoughts to himself. If she was a demon child, she would do some damage if she was angry. He remembered the dark lightning spell. Maybe she had claimed a victim to power the spell. Or she could learn the fire bolt spell. Or the raise zombie spell. Or the soul drain spell. He grinned viciously. "Care to learn the fire bolt spell? Or perhaps the electricity spell? Or another spell?" One fun thing about what he knew was that he knew how to defend from it. Most normal magic was simple wards, fire, lightning, ice, just cast a ward with the desired prefix. Dark magic was more complex. Advanced wards needed to be cast, and some dark magics, which fed on souls, just couldn't be blocked. The best way to survive them was not briny a target in the first place. Dark lightning was one of those spells, and exceptionally difficult to dodge. It was powerful, but he didn't want to waste a soul. Maybe he could trick the girl. Surely she wouldn't know what incantation was what. This left him with the chance to steal her soul. A demon had massive reserves of power in its souls, she must have a decent reserve herself.

Eveline

Eleni thought for a bit. Should she really trust this stranger? But, then again, if he wanted to kill her he could've done it already...! Hesitantly, she answered, "An electricity spell...?" Something about this guy was weird, but if he could help her in any way, she'll take her chances. Besides, she wanted to believe more than anything that someone wanted her around. As far as she was told, her own parents abandoned her and left her in the streets! Perhaps her hopefulness that someone could help her-- wanted to talk to her-- was clouding her sense. Influencing her judgement.
    'If something were to happen,' she thought, 'I could defend myself...!' A voice in her head seemed to be trying to convince her. Of course, she grasped the consolation and looked at him a bit more surely. Yes, she wanted to learn. She was tired of running and hiding and was ready to embrace her power. She wanted to be that person in stories that learned to fight! She was eager to finally learn.