Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Welcome to the Jungle (Rhi)

Started by wolfie, May 04, 2013, 05:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

"I guess that's the strangeness of humans. It feels like something is missing in my life. That's why I must find it, but that 'it' is what I don't know. I'm sure when I do find it then things will feel right again," he said not sure if he was making any sense to her.

"You have a good point. The jungle is very sufficient at providing what we need."

Rhindeer

"That doesn't make any sense..." Raxta mumbled to herself, but left it at that. After all, her entire world was her territory within this jungle, and her lifestyle was fairly simple: hunt, eat, find shelter, make clothing if needed, explore, stay alert. Naturally introverted, she didn't mind the solitude. And, as she'd said before, she never really felt alone, anyway, with so much noise around her.

So she certainly couldn't fathom the idea of wanting something she didn't know existed. How could she need something if she didn't even know what she needed?

How odd!

She tilted her head. "What if you never find it?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

wolfie

"I'm sorry that I can't explain it better," he said wishing he could. It wasn't the first time an animal misunderstood him. He had a feeling it wouldn't be the last either. He found her unique and interesting. He watched her tilt her head.

"Then I shall remain in this state always seeking it even if it takes the rest of my life," he said knowing it was true. He couldn't remain this way forever, but then again it could take that long to find this missing piece of his life.

"Do you know your family? Your mother and father and siblings?" He asked not sure if this was right. He knew it was different for some animals. Like birds for instance. None of them knew who created them, and they didn't completely understand his questions. He was done talking with birds though they weren't that bright.

Rhindeer

Raxta grunted at that, not quite sure what else to say. What a strange man! She found it much better to just be satisfied with what she had, than waste time mourning something that might not even exist. Strange, strange humans.

At his question, though, she laughed and flicked her tail. "Of course I know them," she said, and began to walk into the river, wading in until it was to her waist. The talk of anaconda had been half to scare him, half truth, but her keen eyes saw no signs of the creature so she felt it safe enough. Besides, it felt wonderful to get out of the humid air and into the cool water.

"My sister, Nikaj, is my twin. She is more like your kind than mine. She likes to visit the human places and spends most of her time there, but we see each other once in a while. My parents...I don't see them so often. They have their own lives. I have mine."

She smiled and shrugged. "We're not like your people. Solitude doesn't bother us."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

wolfie

It was good hearing her laugh. He hadn't heard laughter in a bit, and figured it was because he was hanging with animals. Humans were just too much work though. He could tickle one, but that might get him punched instead of a laugh.

Hael watched as she braved the water. He wasn't about to do that though. He wasn't fond of snakes. They were just creepy to look at, but actually talk to one? None of them wanted to talk it was like they preferred to keep their distance. He didn't mind that much.

"Do you two look alike then? I can see why she'd want to. Humans can be interesting at times. I don't really think so, but I'm doing the same with animals. I get along better with most of them," he said not sure what else to say.

"I don't mind that either. Being alone sometimes is much better than having to watch what you are saying or doing around humans."

Rhindeer

Raxta grinned. "Very similar," she said, sinking into the water as she took a seat on a large rock. "But different spots. It is true what they say, no jaguar has the same spots. Not even twins."

Swishing her tail through the water, she flicked a little at Hael. "Quiet is nice. More time to my thoughts. Less people to entertain."

wolfie

"I've never heard that before. I'm wondering what else I don't know about jaguars," he said intrigued. He made sure to note that so that he wouldn't try to call one by another name. That was if any of them would talk to him. So far it was only Raxta. Not that he minded that.

"Hey now. Sure that water is nice, but its a bit cold," he said pretending to mind. Honestly he didn't. Just so long as nothing tried to attack while she was in there. He then realized how strange he was being. This was an animal that would attack not be attacked.

Rhindeer

"You know very little about jaguars," Raxta stated plainly. It wasn't meant as a put down or to call him stupid, but she was blunt enough it might easily be taken that way. "Because you're not a jaguar, and very few of us are like Nikaj. We are elusive, secretive..." She shrugged.

"Not many let outsiders in. And besides, you can't really know much about something you're not, can you?"

wolfie

"That is true I don't. If things are kept a secret then there is no way for us to know of jaguars. I wish to learn more about you and your ways. I'm not like the others of my kind I know of no other human who would be asking this of you. Most don't take the time to understand each other rather than another type of being altogether," he said glad this had come up. He took no offense to her words, but rather an understanding.

"You are right on that. I can't know much on something I'm not, and yet I what I am I still don't understand. I look human and I can walk in their world, but I will never truly be a human. I was raised in the forests. I hear and understand this world better than I ever will the human one," he said hoping to bridge some understanding here too.

@Rhi-Rhi 

Rhindeer

Raxta's expression twisted into a puzzled one, and she gave him a look from head to toe. "Of course you're human," she said, eyebrow raised. "What else would you be?"

wolfie

"Yes I was born human. I wasn't raised as one though. I grew up in the forests much like you have here in the jungle. I don't understand the need for money. When I was found and brought into a human home I didn't understand the need to dress from head to toe either. It seemed like a waste of time and cloth. I grew into it I guess, but it took time. And sleeping in a bed was new to me as well. Most humans have those down from when they are little children," he said wondering what else he had gotten used to.

Rhindeer

Raxta didn't really have anything to say to that, so she simply grunted in acknowledgment. She couldn't really wrap her mind around it. She had been born jaguar-kin, and she still was jaguar-kin, and always would be jaguar-kin. The idea of being jaguar-kin but not feeling jaguar-kin was...completely alien to her. Every creature in the jungle knew what it was. How could you not?

Even Nikaj, who Raxta had said was more like a human than jaguar-kin, still knew she wasn't human. At the end of the day, she was still the same as Raxta. Both of them knew it.

Shaking her head, she dipped her hands in the water and brought some to her lips to drink, ran the excess through her short hair and splashed some on her face, and then waded through the water to the other side until she was across the little river from Hael.

"So what is it you want? To follow me?"

wolfie

Hael noted how silent she was. He figured he had lost an opportunity with his special case. He knew he was different, but that hadn't stopped him yet. He loved the woods and the jungle was growing on him. He only hoped she wouldn't mind him being his usual pest.

He watched what she did and noticed she was across the river. He would have to cross if he was to follow her. He figured maybe she didn't want him to and that was why she crossed first.

"If you don't mind I would like to. I was hoping to learn more of the jungle creatures. So far you are the only one to even talk to me. I understand if you want to be alone though," he said figuring he would do his best either on his own or find another if she said no to this.