Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bucket of Fish

Started by visualspice, May 09, 2013, 09:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He was so hungry. It had been days since he had eaten, his stomach rumbling so much it shook as it growled. He wasn't one to hunt. He felt too guilty to do the hunting, and he was no good at cooking or gathering food (there was one incident when he tried, and was sick for days before an old lady found him and helped him.) He remembered that fondly. She had given him meat to eat. It was chicken! And fresh bread. Ugh.

What he wouldn't give for fresh bread now! Or noodles. Oodles of noodles to just slurp clean up! His stomach growled again, painfully so as he held it and leaned against the side of a tree. He had been traveling for too long, not really drinking much and there was no food to be had. The caravan he tried to seek out food had none, and the loan traveler he tried to ask thought he was being robbed and pulled a knife on him (Leaving Feni'tat to run off into the woods for a few hours before the man finally stopped the chase.) That was one of hte few times he was glad for the strange powers inside him. It never seemed he got as winded as the other people. But it was just as well.

It wasn't until he finally made it to the city that things began to look up. But that's when it all went down hill.
He must've looked a mess, with hair so filthy with dirt, the black color turned a pale brown simply from the dust on the road. And his skin faired no better, nor did his clothes. So when he began to drool infront of the bakers, they chased him out with a broom. So did the butcher, and the lady at the Inn. They all called him a filthy beggar, to get out and to stay out! And all Feni'tat could do was sit there and pout with his stomach rumbling after each affair. It seemed none of them were interested in being clung to and hearing his sob story. So with a brush to his eyes, he gave a sniff and moved onward. But the hunger was really getting to him he began to get dizzy, and perhaps even became a little delusional, for he could smell fresh fish steaming in the market, but when he tried to approach, his nose and eyes lead him to a near by bucket of fish.

He was salivating, his entire body tingling over the sensation. So as he reached down to take a fish, the man running the shop took notice and freaked out. Feni must not have known what he was doing, for he had the bucket in hand, a fish in his mouth, and soon the guards were upon him. He nearly choked on the fish, clinging to the bucket with one hand as he cried out, "I'll pay for the fish later! I'm so sorry but I'm so hungry!"

He was racing down the way, gobbling fish as he went, but eventually the guards had him cornered at the bridge the arched over the river in the middle of the city. And before Feni'tat knew what he was doing, he dove right in, leaving the bucket of fish behind with a yelp of 'I'm sorrrrrrrryyyy!" before plunging down into the waters belw.

Feni'tat seemed to disappear after that. He figured staying and being soggy in the water was much safer than the pointy spears of the guards. But he really was going to pay for it! He just.. needed to find a way how.

As time passed, he began to feel ill. The raw fish he gobbled up just were not agreeing with him., so when he figured the cost was clear, he found a quiet part of the city and curled up against a building, shivering as he was still wet, water dripping down from his curly hair (which was at least a bit cleaner now from his romp in the river, though the river itself wasn't the cleanest to be had..)

So he smelled a bit like that, a bit like dirt, and a bit like he ought to get a bath. Perhaps he'd seek one later. He was too tired now, and despite being strung out from the day, he found himself easily slipping off to sleep, curled up and snoring softly in the middle of some random street, the hustle and bustle of the day easily becoming his lullaby. And as he dreamed, he drooled a little, thinking about that delicious bucket of fish.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

Eleni wasn't exactly sure how it lead up to this. How long had she been walking? Where was she? The girl let out a sigh. This didn't seem like such a convenient place where she could easily blend in with dark cloaks and hoods. No, this place was lively and busy. So, she heasitantly put down her hood and let the old, faithful cloak hang on her shoulders.
     Her feet ached from walking by now. Her hands covered in dirt and her once pale skin was dusty. She smelled like life; the earth following her scent. The horrible thing is the smell didn't suit her. With her silver hair messily tied back in a pony tail, and her eyes dull and empty, the lively earthy smell she carried gave her more looks than needed.
     She was deffinately thinner than she was a good few weeks back. She needed food! I mean, everyone needs to eat right? Eleni was skilled in theft considering she grew up having to a scavage for daily needs since a child. It was nearly Impossible to get a job with her look so she was forced to steal. The funny thing is, she thought one day, that society is the reason people need to steal. Yet, society labels you as a thief and gets angry at you for being one! Life was a game of survival and Eleni was positive she was going to win this game.
     Ruby red eyes filled with boredom watched the busy butcher. He worked hard and the half demon appreciated that. Though, as soon as he met her gaze she realized he was just the same as most people around here. Eleni hopped out of the wagon she was sitting in and roamed the area, looking at the meats and the cheeses and bread that was being made around her. Oh how good everything looked, and Oh how hungry she was..! Her cheeks have hollowed and her stomach screamed at her for not feeding it.
     Nimble fingers snatched up a fresh loaf of bread as panic Burst through the stands. Fantic yells could be heard from the baker and guards were chasing her down. Wow, these people took their job too seriously... The point was, Eleni was running. Fast. Accustomed to a chase, the girl zigzagged through the frantic people. The guards were barely on her tail-- this wa her chance! Quickly, she turned a corner only to trip. She grumbled and rubbed her head but crawled into the shadows cautiously once she heard the guards' voices. Finally, she was safe and everything should be ok now... Except for the fact she accidentally sat on someone or something. "Eh?!"

visualspice

OOC: I'm sorry this reply is short but it amused me greatly to have her sit on him and he didn't even notice X3

-----------------

The yelling of the guards, the approach of the frantic foot steps did little to rouse the sleeping young man upon the ground. In fact, he merely nuzzled his face more into the crook of his hand and the worn cobblestone he lay upon. He was too exhausted, too weak, so when the young woman sat upon him, the most he could do was to continue to sleep.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

Eleni was about to scurry away from the sleeping form but stayed put not wanting the guards to notice her. As she heard their footsteps and angry murmurs pass, she rolled off of the figure and looked to see if he was ok. She shook his shoulders lightly, unsure why she even bothered to stick around. Maybe, she decided, it was because he looked a little beat up. Usually, she would've cursed a bit and left, but something told her to stay. So, she sat there, poking the boy and seeing if he was still alive. He looked a bit thin, and-- was that a collar? She couldn't read what it said... Was he a slave? Maybe he... She shook the thought and leaned over him curiously, sighing. He was alive; he was probably just tired. With that she leaned against the wall beside him and took out the loaf of bread. The red eyed girl nudged him lightly with her foot, breaking the loaf in half.

visualspice

As she nudged him, Feni made a face, scrunching his nose and burying his face into his arm. That was, until he caught scent of the bread again and his blue eyes popped open. Sitting up suddenly, he looked over at her, haggard curls of his hair falling just into his eyes as he gave her a leftward smile and tilt of his head.

"Oh, hello there." He leaned is face forward, giving a sniff. "Say, that breads smells delicious." He leaned forward even more, seeming to almost sit like a begging dog as his blue eyes widened while he looked at the bread, mouth salivating. "Hey, are you... going to eat all of that bread? I'm starving and if you could spare just a small morsel, I'd be grateful for it!" He asked, putting his hands together in a prayer like fashion, a smiling pout upon his lips.

Then he went on, smiling even bigger as he closed his eyes and said, "I'm Feni'tat!"
He pointed to his chest. "Though you could call me Feni!" And just as he was finished enthusiastically giving his introduction, his stomach gave a rather loud rumbling as it growled. It caused him to laugh, an easy noise that carried like music between them. "And that was my stomach!" And he leaned forward, still smiling. "It says it's hungry. Sometimes I call my stomach that! Hungry! And that's because I seem to be hungry all the time!" He laughed about it in good humor again, before studying her.

"Say," his eyes sparkled a moment as he leaned forward again, hands on his knees as he tilted his head curiously. "Do you have a name?" His nose twitched a bit, sniffing towards her, eyes still on the split piece of bread she held, then looking up at her, his blue eyes warm and sparkling.

Eveline

The confused girl blinked at the person in front of her. She processed what he said and slowly handed him half of the bread. "... It's fresh. Um, I hope Hungry appreciates it." Grins at him, studying his features.  "Um, my name's Eleni." Finally says, taking a bite from her piece of bread. It was still warm and fluffy; bread like this must've cost! And yet, she managed to get it for free. She smirked at that fact, feeling proud.
       Still, she wondered how he could stay so happy and cheery when he looked so hungry! She looked up from her piece of bread and looked at him curiously.

visualspice

OOC: lol hope it's ok Feni is clinging to her XD he erm.. has no boundaries loool

-------------------

Feni's eyes went as wide as saucers as the bread was handed to him.
"OH HE WILL! HE WILL BE VERY HAPPY ABOUT IT!" he said enthusiastically, stuffing the bread into his mouth and gobbling it down within seconds before wiping the bread crumbs from his lips off with the back of his hands and turning to her, catching her name and sporting a smile.

"Thank you, Eleni!" he said, suddenly leaping upon her and clinging to her in a hug. "Thank you! Thank you! The bread was sooooo delicious!" and he was holding her so tight and close, he began to nuzzle his cheek against her in a most affectionate way. "The bread was so tasty and fluffy, it must've been incredibly fresh, still warm from the baker's oven! The old baker was mean! They wouldn't let me have any! You must be great friends with the baker to have gotten such a delicious loaf!" and then he paused, staring down at her eyes (since they were only a few inches from his) as he blinked.

"Oh!" His blue eyes widened. "Maybe they liked your eyes!" He leaned in closer, studying the way his face reflected within them, and the way the color shined, even in the dim lighting wthin the alley. "They're awfully pretty! They're like rubies! Do you like rubies? I like them! They're the color of some of those meadow flowers I've seen on travels. AND OH, OH!" he gave his foot an enthusiastic thump. "And roses!" He thumped his foot a few more times. "Sometimes roses can be red, too!" and he was so happy, his hands were now clenched into fists, eyes closed tightly as he smiled.

Eveline

She blushed and shoved his face away. She squirmed as he clung to her tightly, putting her hands on his chest to keep him from getting any closer. "N-no I'm not f-friends with the baker...!" Breathed out, feeling a bit clostrophobic. Eleni wasn't used to hugs and people being so close to her, in all honesty. Wow, this kid was enthusiastic! His smile and cheeriness blinded her.
      The half demon sighed as he would not let go. "T-tulips?" Offered, knowing they are red too sometimes. 

visualspice

OOC: You're fine. Posts on a forum don't have to be long :3 It's really just about substance and moving the actions/ story along X3

------------

His eyes brightened. "Yes, tulips! And no? You're not friends with them?" He pouted a little at the thought, his arms still on her shoulders as he blinked, seeming not to realize she was squirming. "Well you and I can be friends!" He gave another broad smile with his eyes closed. "And I like your name!" He gave at thump of his foot. "Eleni!" His lips curled almost cat like in his excitement. "Eleni.. Eleni! Eleni!" he laughed as he tried out the name again.

Eveline

She relaxed a bit and looked at him. "F-friends?" Thinks. She's never really had friends... Since she was younger she just walked around with a hood over her head. Always lingering alone, keeping her walls up....! The only couple friends she had made, she ended up leaving behind. Maybe a friend would be nice?
     As she came back down to earth, she could here him saying her name again and again. Eleni couldn't help but crack a smile at that. "Fen-i!" Said his name finally, testing how the words sounded as they left her lips. She laughed.

visualspice

His smile broadened, his eyes sparkling even more when she said his name.
"Yes! We can be friends and maybe I can even get you one of those flowers that match your eyes sometime! AND! Oh, oh! Maybe even some of the little white ones! Those are always pretty, too! I do owe you for the bread, after all."

But just as the two were becoming fast friends, a guard noticed the pair down the way.
"Hey! There's the thief!" the man shouted angrily, pointing a sharp spear in their direction. "Stop right there,you are under arrest!"
Gasping, Feni'tat grabbed onto Eleni's hand and dragged her along as he began to run.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to try to steal!" Feni wailed as he rushed down the alleyway and back out into the open street. "And I'm sorry they're chasing us!" he shouted back to Eleni, having no idea they were actually after her.

"HEY!" the guards shouted, realizing the two of them weren't about to comply. He signaled to his men. "AFTER THEM!"

Eveline

Eleni jumped at the sound of the guards. So close...! She felt Feni pull her to her feet as she stumbled along behind him. What was he talking about? He stole something too? He must've thought... Eleni tripped and let go of Feni's hand while deep in thought. She grasped for his hand but only found herself stumbling forward onto her knees. People shoved their way past her as she got lost in the crowd. Suddenly, someone dragged her to her feet from her hair.
    "Ow! Gah, let go you idiot!" The girl screamed as the men grabbed her wrists and shoved them behind her back. "F-feni!" She desperately screamed his name, it being the first thing that came to mind.
    "You are under arrest for theft!" Announced one of the guards, holding her back as she screamed and kicked. She felt the cold metal spear against her back and she stopped her fit. Her eyes growing emotionless again as she hung her head in defeat. So close...

visualspice

When he felt her hand slip, he stumbled forward in the crowd. But the streets were so busy, the crowds of people acted like a river and began to pull him away.
"Eleni!" he shouted, trying to jump up in down in hopes to see her over the throngs of people, but he could barely make her out, and his futile efforts only got him pushed farther along.
His blue eyes were large and desperate, and then when he heard her call his name, something struck through him.

It had happened before in the past. Fear. The art of survival, to keep going, to live strong...
But had the times before been for him? Or for another? For her? And who was her?

HIs mind rattled, his blood shivering in fear, and before he knew what was going on, black, feathery wings tore out from his back side, blossoming and exploding open wide and taking up most of the width of the streets and leaving the people around him screaming in dismay as they stared in owe at the winged boy while the feathers that came loose fell around him like snowy ash.

Now it was much easier to push through the crowds, to push off the ground with his long legs and take flight, soaring up and over the people and landing near the guards as he muttered his apologies along the way. The guards had turned around at the noise, surprised to see some strange winged boy approaching them, especially when Feni'tat suddenly grabbed onto one of their arms and clung tight.

"No! Please let her go! I'll help pay for the bread!" he shouted, pressing his face desperately against the guards arm like a child. Though Feni'tat was no child, and the guard was rattled by the display.

"Unhand me!" the man snarled,a nd back handed the young man away, sending Feni'tat sprawling onto the cobblestone street.

Eveline

What was he? She looked at him in awe but quickly snapped out of it. She noticed the guard had loosened his grip, distracted from Feni. Eleni shoved the other guard away and tried to scurry away. Sadly, the guard had noticed and shoved the other who was being desperately clung to by Feni.
           A wall of curious people had clustered around the scene keeping the girl from leaving. She started to shove past the ocean of people but was pulled back. The one guard gripped her hair and pulled her towards him. Tears pricked the corner of her eyes from the pain. The guard once again held her hands behind her back forcefully and shoved her to her knees. Eleni's knees buckled as she was forced to the ground.
         "This city has had so many thefts, you think I'm going to let you slip away?" The guard hissed before turning towards the crowd. "This is an example of what will happen to you if you decide to smuggle any goods," He explained as he kept a tight grip on The demon girl's hair, "Need I remind you the consequences of your actions?"  The crowd looked at him in astonishment and shuffled quietly as he snarled at them.
          These people were serious when it came to theft. What was to become of her? If Feni? "Feni!" She exclaimed, remembering he was with the other guard. Was he ok? She tried to turn her head to catch a glimpse of him but was only forced to look forward.
          She knew he should've left. They would've never met and she wouldn't have been held up in that alley. The guards wouldn't have found her and Feni wouldn't be in this situation. Why doesn't he just go, though? With those enormous wings of his, he could do what he pleased! Suddenly, the guard teared her away from her thoughts as he tugged at her hair forcefully and screamed back at his little friend over there to hurry up. Why did life hate her?

visualspice

Feni'tat raised his head up from where he had fallen in the streets. Blood dribbled down from his nose as his eyes widened. Things had escalated quickly into something terrible, and fast, and before he knew what was going on, his wings shot out to their full length. He gave them one heavy beat and tore across the small distance between he and Eleni, his wings powerful, giving him enough strength to break away from the guard and get to her, tearing her from the guard's arms who tried to hold her back, as he scooped her up into his arms and carried her up, up up and away, into the skies.

His heart was beating heavily within his chest, winds whipping around him as he flew up higher and higher, and clutched onto Eleni tightly.
"Just hold on!" he said, eyes searching frantically for any safe place to land.

Eveline

Her eyes widened as he ripped her away from the guard and scooped her up. "F-feni...! I should've told you this but I'm-" she clung to him as they rose higher into the sky. The girl did as she was told and held on tightly. "I-I don't exactly appreciate heights...!" She admitted trying not to look down. She should've been asking questions, but all she could do was hold on for dear life.

visualspice

At her words, Feni'tat held her a bit tighter, keeping her close to his warm body.
"I'm sorry!" he shouted against the winds. "I'll try to make landing soon!" And his blue eyes were searching frantically for a spot, but all he could see where buildings, and the river.
The river.. perhaps they could find solace there? Tucking back his wings, he began to descend, his shadow fluttering off the sides and roofs of buildings before he landed with a bowed crouch, then set Eleni delicately on her feet.
This was an area that seemed all but abandoned, the only things stirring that were alive there were rats, which scurried away at the sudden presence of a flying boy and the girl he carried.
"Are you alright?" Feni'tat asked, his wings folded in against his back side. He was sure to keep his arms around her in support, just in case she was weak in the legs from flight.

Eveline

The girl opened her eyes as she looked around at the river. She sighed "I'm okay..." Eleni loosened her grip on him and looked at him "T-thanks." She muttered. She didn't enjoy feeling helpless but he made it his job to make her feel that way, Apparently. She started to untangle herself from his arms and sighed. Her wrists were bruised and her head ached terribly die to the guards shoving her around.

visualspice

Feni heard a few windows closing as he glanced up. An old woman was staring down at them, clutching to a shawl. And in another window, more eyes were peering upon them. Perhaps they were not alone. Rubbing at the back of his neck, he turned to her.
"That was close," then he added with a frown. "Those guards were mean." Though most guards he'd come to know were awfully mean. "And those spears and swords they carry are awfully sharp. We're lucky we didn't get one in the butt."
There had been that one time he was prodded by one, and it hurt for him to sit for weeks!
But then his eyes softened as he smiled. "But I'm glad you're ok. And there's no need to thank me." He closed his eyes as he smiled broader, tipping his head to the left. "I'm just glad I could help! You did give me some bread, after all."

To think, all of this trouble for just a loaf of bread!

Eveline

She groaned "Don't remind me of that bread." She sighed. Looking around at the closing windows she commented "There aren't much areas for privacy around here are there?" She glanced at him seeing his smile. He was sweet and it pained her to have to leave him soon. She sat down on the ground and looked at the river "... I should be leaving..." Eleni said suddenly.