Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bucket of Fish

Started by visualspice, May 09, 2013, 09:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

At the suggestion, the young man beamed.
"Okay!" That he could do! And with an enthusiastic run, he had a fire set up in no time.
"The fire's built!" he called over to her. "But we'll have to find a way to light it." He stood there, one hand to his hip as he gave a scratch in thought to his curly black hair. He studied Eleni. "You have anything we can use to get this thing started?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

Not too long after the question was asked, a fish was thrown at his head, followed by many more before Eleni walked over with the remaining amount. She looked down at the fire, dropping the fish and repeating his last pose. Hand on her hip and a hand scratching her head in mimicry. "Yes, I do..!" She finally concluded looking at him with a grin.

visualspice

Gasping when a fish came sailing at his head, he tried to dodge them, but there were too many and now he was standing there, a pile of fish at his feet- and one having landed upon his head. He turned to her and saw her pose, and then laughed.

"Well that's good, because I was afraid I'd have to figure something out!"
And the last time he ever created fire...
Well, he'd rather not think about that.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

Kneeling down, she placed her hands about five inches away from the pile of wood, seeming to concentrate. The wood began to splinter as a crackling sound could be heard, a faint orange peeking out from the pile. Leaning forward, Eleni blew on it softly, letting the fire grow as she continued to produce more from her fingertips at a slow pace.
It was difficult at first-- starting fires in this way. Her first encounter with a fire most definitely left it's mark... But she slowly allowed herself to practice and prefect this. The girl tried to detach herself when doing this, and it wasn't so difficult seeing as she was usually alone.

visualspice

Feni'tat was mesmerized as he peered over her shoulder at the crackling orange flames.
"Ohhhh.. you're very good at that! You were able to start the fire fast!"

Eveline

Eleni jumped as his voice came through, the fire bursting and roaring to life. Eleni's bright red eyes simply widened, fear washing over her at the painful memory from so long ago. Stumbling backwards, and closing her eyes, she lifted an already scarred arm to cover her face, the fire threatening to engulf her as it flickered angrily.

visualspice

"Eleni?" Feni'tat's eyes widened as well. "Eleni!" He didn't hesitate to whisk her up into his arms, a protective wave of energy spiraling out from his form like an unseen wind, and the flames instantly calmed and backed away, completely snuffing out of life. And then he turned to her, his eyes shimmering with concern.
"Eleni.." he reached a hand out to touch her arm. "It's.. it's okay." He said, and found himself suddenly putting his arms around her as he held her close. "The fire won't get you. I have you now. You're safe."

Eveline

The startled girl instinctively curled into him, shaking her head and hiding her face in his wet shirt. All she could see was his body burning and all she could hear was crying from a little girl. Her skin began to burn again, causing her to shift and turn uncomfortably, mouthing words to herself. He had startled her--she wasn't used to people there. "I just... Just.... I could have hurt you..." Worry seemed to wash over her. What if she hurt him-- what if she killed him? She killed that man... A quite obvious flinch came from her as her body trembled.

visualspice

If her body was hurting him, or could hurt him, he made no flinch to indicate it. Instead, he just held onto her, embracing her tighter as he buried his head beside hers.
"Don't worry, Eleni. You can't hurt me." And he snuggled his face in closer, nestling it nearer to her shoulder.

Eveline

Her eyes seemed to widen and hot tears began to surface. No one ever held her like this. He was so different and strange to the demon girl. His sincerity and affection was overwhelming, almost. Hesitantly, yet almost subconsciously, Eleni took her arms and wrapped them around him in return. The girl obviously didn't have many close friends which she confided in, and the one she did have was fairly formal. Feni was so personal... And Eleni couldn't exactly comprehend how or why.

visualspice

Feni'tat's hug eased up when she clung back to him, and despite being elated that she hugged him back, he did not smile. He could sense her internal conflict as he continued to hold her.
"Don't worry about anything, Eleni. I'm your friend. Whatever happened in the past... it can stay in the past. I'm here now. I'll be your friend. And we can catch fish together and run from guards in the sewers." And at this, he gave a small smile as he rubbed at her back. "That's..." he went on, his words breathing lightly into her neck. "If you wish."

Eveline

A shiver ran down her spine and she gave a small gasp, slowly shifting to look up at him. Ruby eyes glossy, with tears streaking down her face-- she looked pathetic. So small and weak and frail...
It was dark, stars decorating the night sky. The fire now illuminated their surroundings, letting her see his face and the shadows that the fire created. He was thin and lanky... And everything about him seemed quite long, probably explaining why she seemed more peteite with him... His black hair that consisted of thick curls, now wet ringlets that stayed a mess on his head... And his eyes... his eyes were gorgeous. So bright and deep and full of something she couldn't quite explain. No fire was needed to see them... Those blue orbs that looked so much like the ocean: overwhelming. Hers were no match. A deep ruby red, occasionally changing in shade. It was like fire that burns and consumes and destroys, flickering with purple and gold hues.
The crying girl didn't seem to notice how close her face was to his, or how curiously she was staring. Eleni didn't know what to say, and didn't bother looking for any words as she stayed there, clearly intrigued and captivated by his eyes... And honestly she seemed quite distracted, the waterworks seemingly shutting off, only a few stray tears rolling down her cheek.

visualspice

Feni'tat's smile broadened before he closed his eyes.
"I take it you don't mind me as your friend?"
She would be the first... after all. How many old ladies chased him off with a broom? And angry shop keepers with knives and threats? Certainly lucky was now on his side, and if he had a friend...
Perhaps he wouldn't be so lonely anymore.

Eveline

Eli blinked, being pulled out of her trance and blushed softly, shifting and pulling away from him. Silently, she wiped away her tears and moved away from him, starting to pick up the fish quite solemnly. A few sniffles could be heard as she stood, carrying an armful of fish and walking it back to the fire.

visualspice

Feni'tat too blinked as she turned away, and his face twisted in confusion.
"Did I say something wrong?" And he moved to walk after her, his hand reaching for hers.. "Eleni...?"

Eveline

The half demon girl shook her head and sat by the fire, neatly putting the fish down beside her and turning to grab her knife. Her face was a bit puffy from crying and face quite expressionless. She kept her eyes on the fire, jumping slightly when it flared a bit and pulling her knees up to her chest.

visualspice

After a while of observing her while his face was still wrinkled with concern, he moved to be at her side, moving much like a dog with it's tail between it's legs. Once he had a seat on his haunches beside her, he looked at her with a pout.
"Are you sure you're not mad? Lots of people get mad at me..." he went on, rubbing at his arm. "You wouldn't be the first."

Eveline

Another shake of her head came, Eleni still looking at the fire, "I'm not upset, why would I be?" She seemed a bit more composed despite her appearance and recent outburst. Turning her head to look at him, she gave a small smile.

visualspice

"I don't know... when you stare at the flames though... I see some sadness in your eyes."

Eveline

"Do you think I'm sad?" She questioned honestly, facial expression soft and calm. "If I was, does that mean I'm upset?" Eleni continued to prod gently, as if walking a child through their homework.