Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bucket of Fish

Started by visualspice, May 09, 2013, 09:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"But the sun is also so warm! And when its' rays twinkle, I'd like to think it's smiling!" Feni chimed in. But before he could comment on the food bit, it was ready, and boy did his eyes grow large.
"Ohh.. it smells so yummy!" And unable to contain himself, the young man reached for the steaming fish, and before he got a chance to even sample it, it began to bite at his fingers and soon he was juggling the greasy, hot fish like a hot potato.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

"Ffft-" Eleni couldn't contain her laughter as she doubled over, white hair falling into her face as the scene unfolded infront of her. Shaking her head and trying to recompose herself, Eleni pushed him back so the fish would fall onto the grass, steam wavering above it.
"You have to let it cool," she ran a hand through her hair, which was somewhat dry now, and pushed it back away from her face. 

visualspice

The second the fish was no longer being juggled he crammed his fingers into his mouth, and when Eleni mentioned what he should have done, he only whimpered and spoke through his fingers, that were still crammed in his mouth. "I know but.." And his stomach growled loudly. "I'm hungry."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

"Well," she began, reaching for her knife and beginning to slice the fish open along their sides, "You can wait a minute. You ate some bread, and ate some meat, and now you're getting fish. Be thankful, not everyone like you can eat three times a day." She lectured him as she prepared the fish patiently.
After she had finished with her lecture, she motioned to the small fires, asking him to put them out.

visualspice

"Oh, but I am thankful!" he insisted, and it was in earnest. "It's just I'm not good at the patience part."
Following her orders, he put the fires out as asked and sat at attention, eyes on her, and the fish, equally, as he felt his mouth water and his stomach growl, as impatient to get the fish as he.

Eveline

After the fires were put out, and the fish were cooled and prepared, Eleni placed two infront of him ready to eat.
"There. See, all done- just don't scarf it down so fast or you'll still be hungry after-" the girl warned him with a straight face before looking down at her own meal. Despite her previous statement about being thankful, she began picking at her own food, picky as to what she would eat. You would think that being on the road and barely having food would make her indifferent about what she ate; she should be starving and shouldn't care. Still, she did and would save the bits she picked for last, eating slow and taking her time.

visualspice

Feni'tat nodded, and studied Eleni with interest. And though he tried to mimic the way she ate, he was so much more clumsy than she, and his pacing was hardly as slow. It was just a bit too hard for him to eat that slowly, and as he shoved another finger full of fish into his mouth, he pointed at the stuff she had picked and set aside.

"Is there a reason you eat like that?"
He never saw someone just set some food aside like that. Perhaps there was bones in it? Or did she not like pieces that were burned or undercooked? Feni'tat wasn't so picky. He'd eat it all! Though he knew eating bones wasn't always the best idea, but he'd done that before, too!

Eveline

She had even gone through the trouble of grouping what she didn't eat. There was a pile of bones, a pile of undercooked fish, a pile of burnt bits, and a pile of things that to her seemed iffy. Eleni took the white flesh in her fingertips and ate her food neatly. Though, when she did this again she paused and looked at Feni, seemingly confused at his question.
"Why do I..." She looked down at her plate curiously and flushed at what he had pointed out. She didn't really know why she was so picky, it wasn't good of her to be. So, she shrugged with a frown in response and shook her head. Perhaps when she was little she had been spoiled, but really that didn't seem to be the case- she did not remember being so.
"The bones are bad for you... And so is undercooked meat...! And I don't mind the charred bits I just save them for last! But... The bones hurt me, and I don't like the color red really... It bothers me..." She admitted, making a small face at the piles.

visualspice

"Oh.." Feni'tat blinked as he took in her explanation and after a moment, he deduced, "Makes sense to me. Though I don't mind undercooked meat. Even if it can make me queasy. But the bones, I can relate. Now those do a number on my belly!" He went on with a smile and gently patted his belly.
But then as he thought it over, he found himself asking, "Why don't you like red?"

Eveline

She gave a shrug in response, picking away at her food.
"It's ugly." Her response was short and simple- vague. Then she continued eating, seeming sort of distracted.

visualspice

Feni'tat's face scrunched at that.
"Ugly?" He gave a tilt of his head and simply watched her, as if waiting for her to explain.

Eveline

She glanced up at him, red eyes glowering slightly before softening.
"Ugly. It brings back bad memories." she huffed softly, finishing her food before shifting and moving about to clean up.
"But some flowers are red too, and i think those flowers can be the prettiest..." she admitted softly as she organized everything, preparing for bed.

visualspice

"Bad memories?" Feni'tat wilted at that. He knew enough about bad memories himself...
So he wasn't going to press the issue. However, when she changed the subject, his eyes instantly lit up, sparkling as if possessing their own fireworks display.

"Flowers? Yes! Red flowers are the best!" And he shot up from the ground and declared, "I will find you the best red flowers ever!"

And before she could stop him, the young man dashed off into the thicket, tall grasses rustling as he rushed by. And by the time he returned, he was covered from head to toe with pollen, thistles, seeds and grass stains. But he also had an arm full of freshly pulled flowers- and all of them were bright red poppies.

"They call these kinds poppies!" he went on enthusiastically. "They smell really good and are pretty! The color reminds me of your eyes! Like rubies... or even strawberries!"
And his stomach growled at the idea of strawberries. Strawberries were delicious, after all!

Eveline

Really, she had nearly given up trying to stop him. She only huffed softly, honestly quite intrigued by his energy. She set her cloak by the fire, using it as a blanket. Closing her eyes, she let the warmth of the fire wash over her as she sat there waiting. It was a nice night and-
"They call these kind poppies!"
Eleni jumped a bit, not having noticed he had come back. The first thing she noticed were a fistful of bright red poppies being thrust into her face. A blush spread across her face as her eyes averted to him, clicking her tongue when she noticed his messy state.
"Thank you..." She replied meekly, trying not to laugh at how his stomach growled, surprised since they just ate.

visualspice

"Go ahead and take them. I know women like these sorts of things."
He saw it in a town once when a man was courting a young lady. He thought it was a sweet gesture, and was even more excited to be able to do the same!
"And if you're worried about what we can do with them, well, I could make you a crown out of them you could wear! Or you could put some of them into your pockets so you can smell them as we travel. Oh, you could even let me have some too for my pockets so I can smell nice, too!"

Eveline

As tempted as she was to argue against his statement, she couldn't. Because, quite frankly, Eleni did like it, and was almost disappointed in herself for admitting it. Her pale face was now pink as she laughed softly, almost awkwardly at his suggestions. His enthusiasm was honestly nice, and despite how tired she was, Eleni agreed and took the flowers from him.
"We can stay up and make crowns if you want..." She tried to sound composed, shifting slightly before moving over so he could sit next to her, "And then we can stuff the rest in our pockets so we can both smell nice...!" The girl smiled at the idea, her child like qualities seeping through her usual facade. She was honestly quite excited herself, despite the long day and her weariness. Excitement was something she had always been hard at hiding- there was never much need to. The excitement she felt after getting away with stealing something always left a grin on her face; the excitement after getting down a skill she had spent weeks training to accomplish. Excitement like this, this bubbly flustered feeling, was rare, however. She kinda missed it.

visualspice

"Oh! Want to race? Like have a race for making a flower crown?"

Eveline

She hummed before nodding in response, making her own small pile of flowers. She's never done this before.... But it couldn't be too hard.
"Ready-?" She grinned, the blush now faint on her cheeks and seeping away.

visualspice

Feni'tat shook his head furiously.
"Yes, yes!" he said, desperately scraping together flowers to make his own heap of the red buds.
He hoovered over them, like a dog ready for its owner to throw a ball in a game of fetch. And if he had a tail, surely he'd be shaking it!

Eveline

"Go-" she took two flowers and sat in concentration figuring perhaps just tying the stems would work. So, that's what the girl did! Though, despite how gentle she tried to be, many flowers were hurt in the making. Stems were shredded and left a sticky residue on her fingertips. This wasn't as easy as she had thought, really quite obvious due to her struggle.