Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Into the water. [Open!]

Started by Rhindeer, May 14, 2013, 05:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"And so you kidnapped this one with the expectation that she would help you," Sahar said flatly when the pirate was done, her expression flat, lips pressed together.

"You threatened this one's temple sisters, hurt those that tried to defend her, took her from her home trussed up like livestock with the wits scared out of her, and now you expect her to pity your outrageous...to believe your ghost story enough to aid you."

Shaking her head, Sahar sighed and looked away. "There were other ways to see this one. All irrelevant now, of course, but..."

She shot the woman a look out of the corner of her eye. The story sounded ridiculous to her, but she wasn't yet sure what the catch was. Pirates stole and plundered, always greedy, but so far the woman hadn't brought up jewels or riches. Just wanting peace for her supposedly cursed crew. Hmm. A likely story.

With a wry smile, she pushed her hair over her shoulder. "So the skills you need. You want this one to find a hidden relic, a valuable gem, that will no doubt cure your crew of their curse?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Nascent

"Let's be clear 'ere, priestess." Cordell's expression made it plain she was both disappointed and mildly annoyed at Sahar. "I kidnapped 'this one', as ye -- fer reasons beyond me -- like t' call yerself, because th' secrets o' th' dead don't exactly grow on trees. I ain't got the slightest what th' curse's cure is. Whether 'th' work unfinished' is some prize t' be had or no ain't of th' slightest importance." She pointed at the priestess as if to drive home her point. "All's I care 'bout is, it's out there, whate'er it be..."

Standing, Cordell gazed down at the priestess with a firm, unyielding gaze. "An' so long as I'm captain o' th' Red Corsair, it be my duty t' search fer it."

Taking another swig of water and wiping her mouth, Cordell turned to glance at the rest of the camp briefly, checking over her hired hands. "... Maybe, lemme put it t' ya this way, lass. Yer 'temple sisters'... they're like yer family, yer kin, dear an' beloved t' ya, am I right? Think long an' 'ard about this, priestess..."

"Is there anything ye wouldn't do fer 'em if'n they needed ya?"

Rhindeer

Sahar's answer was immediate.

"There's nothing I wouldn't do," she said, formality slipping as she spoke of herself as herself, and not as Hakeshna's servant, her expression fierce as her eyes landed on Cordell.

"But even if you are not lying," she continued, "even if this is the truth...you realize this one cannot just..." She waved her hand. "Pull visions from thin air, yes?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa