Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Annual Harvest [Open]

Started by Cana, June 03, 2013, 01:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cana

Falona sighed at the feeling of Corvus's fingers. "Solitude. A place where no one takes me for granted. Where they know what I'm capable of and leave me in peace. That's all I wanted. That's all I got." She kissed his thumb as it moved across her lips.

Lion

His lips frowned a little at her words and leaned in toward her, pressing his thumb into the corner of her mouth.  "So lonely.  But it begs the question.  Why did you let me in?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Cana

Falona looked into Corvus's eyes. "Because for the first time in all my years, I finally found someone who isn't afraid of what I am."

Lion

"Perhaps I am just clever in hiding my fear," he murmured.  He placed both hands on her face but his face truly did now show he was afraid.  "Maybe because I've seen things in my existence, done things that would make a mortal man's stomach turn...  But you...you are a breed all your own.  And perhaps what I feel is a separate kind of fear.  Not of death, but what out meeting may mean for either of us."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Cana

Falona looked up at him. "It has been my experience that one should never fear unless there is something to fear. All that I have to fear now is....What if I hurt you?" Pain crawls onto her face. "I've hurt so many to become what I am. Some of which I loved," She swallowed. "I could kill you so easily. Even here, even now, when you're so close to me. I don't want to hurt you, Corvus." A tear escaped from her eyes.

Lion

He sighed a little and pressed his thumbs into her cheeks.  "Fear keeps you alert, alive.  That is my experience," he replied.  "But don't worry.  You won't hurt me."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cana

Falona looked at him seriously. "You don't know what my power can do, Corvus. I haven't used it fully on you, because if I had, you'd be dead." She said solemnly, and no exaggeration could be traced in the sentence."

Lion

He knew she was powerful, of that he knew no doubt.  It wasn't like him to consider such things in a trifling manner.  He, however, also knew that as much as he knew of her power, there remained little she knew of his.  But those secrets would never pass before his lips.

So Corvus just smiled sweetly at her and held her face.  "If you don't want to hurt me, then I trust that you won't," he murmured.  "Trust yourself and your judgment.  If I wrong you then cast me out."  He kissed her then stepped away from her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cana

Falona smiled a stood up. "Well, why don't we head to my favorite place? Saemon Tower. We'll start your lesson there." She went to the door.

Lion

Bowing his head, he grinned at Falona and followed her to the tower.  "Why is it your favorite?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cana

She flashed him a mischievous grin. "Because I can see every room and corridor of the palace there," She replied.

Lion

"I see," he gave her a nod.  Soon they were at the doors of her favored tower.  And if Corvus didn't know any better, he would say his heart was beating much faster, moment by moment, for reasons he could not say.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cana

Falona stood before a bare stone wall. "The door only opens with my touch." she place her hand on the wall. Five blue sparks ignited on the wall, crawling out from where her hand was. The sparks began forming ornate designs until they finally created the image of a door. The door opened to a dark chamber with a large spiral staircase leading up at least five stories. Falona climbed up them. At the top, the dark corridor opened into a fairly large chamber, the only light coming from the blue liquid-like pool on the wall. Shelves of spellbooks lined the walls. A podium sat in the far left corner in front of one shelf, and a single table and chair in the right corner. "Welcome to Saemon Tower, my pride and joy. feel free to look around." Falona gestured to the room before her.

Lion

Corvus was indeed in awe when they entered the chamber and he stepped forth to better see it.  He ran his hands along the shelf of spell books until he eventually moved toward the podium.  "This is magnificent," he commented.  "You really made all this?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cana

"Many of the books, yes. The furniture, yes. The Seeing Mirror, no." She walked up to the glowing blue liquid disk on the wall.

Lion

Corvus approached the mirror but did not touch it.  He just stared at himself for a moment then spied her behind him.  "This was how you spied me in your hall.  Clever, girl."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cana

Falona laughed. "You think that's clever?" She dug around until she found a small hand mirror and handed it to him. She then turned him away from the Seeing Mirror. Falona touched the mirror lightly with her finger. The liquid glass stirred a little, and then Corvus's face appeared in front of her. "Hello again. you'll also note that my face is in your mirror." She smiled.

Lion

"How useful," he said and spoke to the face in the glass.  "I'll be more careful about changing within view of the full-length mirror in my quarters."  He laughed and handed the looking glass aack to her.  "So, what lessons shall be learned here?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Cana

"I shall be teaching you a basic, but useful spell. A shield." Falona pulled out a particularly thick spell book and opened its dusty pages. "Ah, here it is. Aesonem Fulitasem." She gestured to the page.

Lion

Of all the languages that he'd had the pleasure to let grace his tongue, the meaning of that phrase was unknown to him.  He stepped back and let a light flame ignite in his hands.  "What does that translate to?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn