Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hanging from an Ice-Cold Chandelier

Started by visualspice, June 03, 2013, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: TAKE IT ALL OFF! ALL OF IT!
--------

Kathania nodded and handed the bowl off to Tilde. The young girl smiled, understanding Kat and Conall seemed to need a moment as they were pretty bad, so her and her younger sister Hana rushed off to go melt some more snow.

Turning back to Conall, she smiled and crouched down beside him again, resting a hand now over his.
"They girls should be back with the water..." and as she stared at his face, she wondered. "What... did they ask you anyways? What was worth all of this?" It was hard to believe they just wanted a name...
Then again, did the mage camp guards know she was up here? It was hard to tell, but they were obviously sniffing around for something.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

ooc: Yes, and freeze to death. xD

ic:

"They seemed very interested in knowing who you are. I told them I didn't know. We only met a week ago in the mountains, " He sighed, " I think they know I lied or they just assume. It seemed as though they were expecting a very specific piece of information, but they wouldn't bother to ask if they knew. No, they suspect there's something special about you, but they don't know what and they want me to confirm it." He  chuckled, "And then the Captain asked me why I was in prison. " He turned his head to look directly at her through his one eye and he actually smiled, "I told him Calent Allarick and he lost his temper. Truth or lies, these men won't show me an ounce of mercy. I'm scum to them. I wonder...how differently I'd be treated if they knew..."

He lowered his gaze, " Joshua ...I'm sorry, Kat. He tried to... kill me while you were away. He hated me ...so much.  I heard them- heard them coming. Tried to warn him. Tried to make him stop, but he wanted....me dead. He kept trying to- so they shot him. He's gone. "

visualspice

Katahnia went quiet, her eyes staring back at him for a good long while as she digested what he had to say.  A few tears prickled to the surface of her eyes before she sighed, smiled, then nodded at him.

"I see. Well, there is nothing that can be said or done. I knew he was... unstable. It's why I worried that he had gone off." She glanced away, thinking again over what he said earlier then looked back at him, smiling.

"I wonder if my real identity is such a big deal," and her eyes studied him again. "As well as your own. Do you think they'd believe you?" she said, leaning in closer so no one else could hear. "Of who you really are even if you said it?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Conall frowned, " It seemed to be a pretty big deal to Joshua. He spoke as though....- but , we should be careful of what we say here. I don't honestly know, but either way I doubt that things are going to end very well here. We have to get out or one of us will die, if not both of us. "

He closed his eye and smirked, "I doubt that they'll believe the truth. I think they want to believe that I died betrayed. It just fuels their fear and supplies them with a potent excuse for turning against mages, it supports all of their actions, all of the sins they've committed. " He told her softly. "And Ansgar forbid that their savior, Allarick, might be misleading them. To suggest that they've blindly placed their faith in a madman consumed by prejudice and ambition- that a man whom is supposed to be so close to God has less than honorable intentions? They would sooner call me a blasphemer even if they were beginning to feel the slightest sense of doubt towards their decisions. Men in general do not like admitting to their mistakes.   " 

visualspice

"Neither do women," she replied, about 'admitting to mistakes' with a smile. She kept her eyes upon his, pressing her lips together before she reached a hand out, keeping it over his.
"We'll get through this. We'll find a way. You survived the mines, didn't you? And I.." she chuckled softly. "Well, I was saved after being strung from a chandelier in an abandoned castle in hopes that I'd die." She gave a playful roll of her eyes. "Look how well it's done for them."
Leaning closer to him, she tucked back some of her hair.

"Even if you tell them who you are... you might be a wanted criminal. Who's to say the entire country might not be against you now... or was the Grand Duke more secretive when he disposed of you? Forgive me if I do not recall."

Paradox

"I'd shave my beard for a miracle ...." Conall wasn't so sure that the Captain wasn't going to let him live to see nightfall. He thought better of his declaration though, "But I'd grow it back." He added. No way he'd go beardless for long. EVER.

He frowned, "Hrm. I doubt that. Were it so, my fate would have been different. Traitors are exposed before the nation and they die properly in public as an example or they're stripped of title and exiled. I was arrested in secret and hidden from public eye. A mage was hung for my murder and I was sent north, never to be seen or heard from again. "

visualspice

Katahnia grew quiet. It was a sad fact to learn that so much treachery, so many lies were used towards the Grand Duke's end goal to be rid of mages.

"Were you so dangerous?" but then she laughed softly, squeezing his hand. "Never mind, I guess so. Perhaps we ought to keep our identities even a secret from ourselves... say..... what sort of story would they believe?" she said, raising her eyes to meet his.
"What if we pretended to be lovers? They say great things can be accomplished through feats of love." She smirked at the idea. "Though.. the story behind it, I do not know. Perhaps I was your wife trying to help you escape from the mines, or a lost sister, wrongfully accused as a mage or...."
she laughed sadly at herself.
"LOok at me, getting all caught up in the details." She grew quiet. "But we have to think of what we want to say." She returned to her eyes to his again. "They plan to question me again in the morning."

Paradox

Conall blushed at the suggestion. "L-lovers? I don't...know. I-I suppose they might be more inclined to accept that. The Captain seemed to think that our relationship was something along those lines. I'm not sure if we could pass as siblings. We hardly look anything alike. Cousins perhaps. I just said you were my friend and left it at that. As far as they know, I am Conall O'Reilley. Just a prisoner.  "

He frowned, "I could say that I am farmer from Ardal and that  my family had fallen on hard times because of the tax increases.  Out of desperation to provide for them, I offered lodgings and work to refugee mages. I knew what I was doing was wrong, but I didn't care because my family's survival meant more to me. When the Grand Duke's forces came to collect these mages, I was difficult and I was arrested as well and sent to the mines to work off my debt and contemplate my sins. Perhaps you are my family or perhaps you were one of the refugees come to liberate me from my prison.   "

visualspice

"Yes... perhaps that might work. Perhaps you were my husband?" she said, searching his eyes. "And... I traveled north, hoping to rescue you, and perhaps a group of men thought I was someone else as well? It wouldn't be hard to perhaps pull off that tail, or as you suggested, you had saved my life back in Ardal, and we could go with that excuse."

By now, Lana decided to approach the pair of them cautiously, clearing her throat as she inquired.
"Is there anything I can get for the two of you? I know the meal of the day will be served soon. I just thought you should know." And she offered a polite grin. "Allarian stew." She rolled her eyes. "Tastes about as good a pig sty, perhaps smells even worse. But you're welcome to hvae some. They give us barely enough rations to begin wtih, but we try to be polite and share, so that at least everyone gets a little bit. It's better than nothing, I suppose."

Paradox

"The former is probably a better option because it doesn't imply that either of us are mages. I don't believe there is a way of knowing what you are without the mark . You cannot use your abilities here either at any rate so I don't have to warn you about hiding them. If you volunteer that you're a mage...there's no telling what they'll do to you. I've heard the church does...terrible things- "

Lana approached them then with an offer of food. His throat was so swollen that he wasn't sure if he could manage much. "Sounds lovely. I suppose I'll try some...though I don't know if I'll be able to hold it down."

"I'll get you some," Drake had approached as well already with a bowl in his large hands. He offered it to Kat, "Here. I'm not all that hungry anyways. I'm kinda sick of this shit to be honest, but you guys look like you could use a lukwarm meal in your bellies. "

ooc: It tastes so bad that he's eager to get rid of it. xD

visualspice

Katahnia smiled up at Drake. "Thank you."
And Lana nodded to the pair. "I'll leave you two to eat." And she moved towards the group to get some food for herself.
Staring down at the bowl of gruel, Kathania lifted the bowl up to her nose and wrinkled it.

"They weren't kidding, this stuff smells awful," she said with a tired laugh. "It even looks like shit.." she said, moving the bowl about a bit to watch the thick, grey substance slowly ooze from one side of the bowl to the other. She shook her head and peered over at Conall.
"Pardon my language," she giggled and blushed. "Would you like some?"

Paradox

Conall frowned at her, "You make it sound so appealing...." He sniffed and then pulled a face of disgust , "Ugh...wha-what is THAT? I've smelled horse manure that doesn't stink THAT bad. You can't be serious? Is that...the food? It smells almost like raw sewage."

Did he really want to risk eating THAT? It was probably better that they  starve!

"You try it first. I'll wait a couple hours to see how that goes and if you die, I'll know it's toxic." It was difficult to say whether he was joking or not.

visualspice

Kathania rolled her eyes and set the bowl aside.
"I could hardly eat. My stomach is in too tight of a knot. Perhaps we can save it for later, when.. you know.. " she smirked at him, eyes sparkling while her cheeks dimpled. "When we're desperate."

Paradox

"Well, I cannot speak for you, but I'd rather eat dirt, " Conall replied with a frown. His expression shifted to something suddenly thoughtful, "By the way, if I am asked...what should I call you? "

visualspice

Katahnia giggled.
"Well, even here, dirt is in short supply, so you might have to settle for this."S he said, picking up the bowl and waving it past his nose. But at his question, she set it down as her face grew long.
"Kat... I'm sure the name is common enough that hopefully they won't make a connection. Though... if they ask, we could say it's a pet name." She smiled a little. "I do like cats, and they are adorable, so if we were playing the role as lovers, it could have become my silly nick name."

Paradox

Conall lifted a thick brow, "Is it? I haven't met too many Kats before. Er...not cats as in the ...you know. Felines. There's a lot of those in Ardal which is rather nice because it keeps the rodent population down, but I digress. So, Kat you are then. It sounds rather informal, but I can get used to that. No problem. I've needed to work on toning down my diction anyway. I need to sound a little more rustic to pass myself off as a farmer, yes? And less like...a noble. " 

Easier said than done, but he  had some idea of who he could have based his speech by. All he had to think of was what Aislin would have said. She had been quite a vulgar girl when his parents weren't watching. Actually, she'd been somewhat vulgar even when they HAD been watching. 

visualspice

Katahnia wrinkled her nose.
"I don't know if you could pull off being a farmer." She rolled her eyes. "You seem... too refined. You should have said a shop owner, or something with more.. finesse."

Paradox

Conall blushed, "I couldn't help it. I was desperate and just said the first thing that came to mind so they wouldn't beat me any bloodier. I do know about farming though. My best friend lived on a farm and if that fails, I could always claim being a horse breeder. I know more about horses, but then again no soul in Ardal doesn't know about them. "

visualspice

Kathania smiled.
"Horses huh? I do recall a certain ball we attended where you had gone on for nearly an hour about them.." She teased, giving him a troll like grin. "So I think I'm well versed in how well you like them."

Paradox

"It wasn't an hour," Conall started to correct her but then he remembered he HAD gone on about it for some time, " Was it? I was so nervous that I just kept talking. Hm. Indeed and you're also familiar with how well I dance which is knowledge that you are MORE than welcome to keep to yourself, thank you."

He added as an afterthought, "And could you stop looking at me like that, please? That's the same look you gave me last time you had evil schemes running amok in your twisted mind. It's a little...creepy."