Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hanging from an Ice-Cold Chandelier

Started by visualspice, June 03, 2013, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She simply nodded at his thanks.
"It will take some time for this to clot, but it will with time, don't worry," and as she raised her head, she nearly knocked her forehead off of his chin, and it was only then she noticed... with a short burst of laughter she could not contain. "There's a pine cone in your beard!"
And then she covered her mouth, trying not to laugh again as she reached forward. "I'm s-sorry,"s he said through a light giggle, and kept one hand upon his wound, the other one reahcing forward, "Here, let me help you get it out.." and even as she tried, the damn thing seemed stuck in there, even as she stuck out her tongue and furrowed her brows and breathed angrily through her nose...
"Wow, it's stuck in their pretty good!" she added with a laugh. She shook he rhead and focused back on his hand, but sitll smiled, her cheeks lightly flushed. "I'll have to tend to that later. ANd maybe help you give that wild beard of yours a trim."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

He shot her a glare that could have silenced most. It wasn't a very friendly look, but his expression softened when she mentioned the pine cone. Oh! He looked down! How could he have forgotten about that!? "Oh for the love of ...." Then his gaze shot back to her, "Yes, indeed. The very same you so inappropriately threw at my person.  " Naturally, he was entirely innocent in all of this and spoke in a tone that suggested that he believed as much.

She tried to extract it but it was so tangled up in there (frankly the entire beard itself was a disaster area, a tangled mess!) but it was all to no avail and he yelped because she ended up yanking on it. "Careful! The beard is fragile!" He nursed his aching chin. 

Then at her suggestion of a trim he stared at her incredulously as though she had said one of the MOST offensive things he'd ever heard.

A trim!?

TRIM HIS BEARD?

She wanted to TRIM his beard?!

LIES.

Most women really meant by THAT was that she wanted to .....

CUT IT! 

He drew back a bit in horror, the expression encompassing his entire person. "NEVER!" He exclaimed.

ooc: lolz.

visualspice

Katahnia made a face and slapped his arm hard.
"Stop moving! I need to keep my hands here to put pressure on the wound or it'll never clot."
and witha shake of her head, she forced his hand still, then added, grinning wickedly as she dropped her gaze away to hide it, "But you must realize, your beard is so far gone... we might have to shave it all off."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"Sorry," he blushed, mildly embarrassed by his behavior and forgetting the seriousness of the situation. Though when she mentioned his beard again his eyes went wide again and he gasped indignantly, "You wouldn't DARE! I will NOT be made a hairless-faced GIRL like Calent Allarick, thank you !" Really! The nerve she had for even suggesting such a terrible thing!

ooc: Nuuu! Not teh beard! ;-; Evil Kat trolling again.

visualspice

Katahnia blinked and looked up at him most serious.
"But you know Grand Duke Allarrick has a beard now, don't you?"

Paradox

"WHAT!?" Conall almost forgot himself and was about to grab her shoulder and shake her , but he remembered at the last moment he was supposed to keep his hand still. He narrowed his eyes at her dangerously, "'Tis a cruel joke, you tell. "

Calent with a beard. Yeah right. He'd never been able to grow anything proper or anything as glorious as his. He stroked his tangled fiery mess fondly, "Mine's better." 

Well, not right now but it had been! Once!

visualspice

Katahnia smirked.
"I don't lie, but I'd have to say yours is far more impressive." and she pressed a little bit harder into the wound, and then blew some of her hair away from her eyes before turning to him.
"I hope I'm not hurting you. It's just... the bolt went all the way through." she shook her head. "I bet it still hurts something fierce. But we'll get you stitched up here soon. In fact, I should probably do that now. I'm not sure what good all this pressure is doing on an open wound." ANd she shook her head, not believing she had forgotten that minor detail. (or maybe a major.. detail)
But apparently the pair had beards for brains.

Paradox

"Why thank you," Conall was quite proud of his facial hair.He looked down at his wounded hand and then looked back up at her, meeting her gaze. He offered her a gentle smile and replied truthfully,  "I'm alright. You make me forget I'm in pain- er I mean talking to you distracts me from thinking about it , that is." 

ooc: The tiny posts!

visualspice

Katahnia smiled at his words.
"Here, can you hold this? I'll get the needle and thread," and she moved away once she knew Conall had a secure pressured grip on his wound and took up the needle. Smoothing out the trail of thread, she instructed him to put his hand forward, palm side up and slowly helped him remove the bindings.

It was still bleeding, and she sighed as the blood got in the way, but wasted no time in stitching him up. And once the palm was completed, she turned his hand over and sealed up the other side. And she had just enough string to do it.
"There!" she said, sighing triumphantly and looked up at him with a smile.
"That ought to do it. Now let's see, where did I put the ointment.."a nd when she noticed it at Conall's side she went to reach it, but accidentally conked heads with him as she winced.

Paradox

Conall followed instruction without complaint, his demeanor seeming less nervous than it previously had been. He focused his eyes on her face now which,admittedly, was a better idea than focusing on the would itself. Inwardly, he chastised himself for not thinking about this beforehand. Oh well!

Stitching done he lowered his gaze to admire her work, "Well done, Miss Harmond. " He said with a slight nod and a small, but warm and appreciative smile.

Now she was looking for ointment, "Ointment.  I thought it was-" They moved forward at the same time and their skulls resounded off one another with a glorious 'clunk!'

He saw several images of The Grand Duke and his phony beard dancing around his head while pointing in his general direction and laughing at him. Conall shook his head to rid himself of the annoying images he saw in his daze of stupor , "Sorry. Are you alright?"

visualspice

Rubbing at her fore head (which might bruise- really,.. seriously, he had a hard head!), she looked over at him as some of her blonde bangs fell over her eyes.
"Y-Yes, I'm fine." And she took up the ointment. "S-sorry,"s he said, and clumsily opened the jar, dropping the lid with a sigh. She could get it later. She looked over at him and smiled.
"Here, give me your hand," and once she had it, she stared down at the wound, blushing as she began to smooth on the ointment. "It might burn a little.. here.." she said, after applying it on one side and pursed her lips, blowing cool air over it a few times before repeating the same process on his palm.

Paradox

"Are you sure? " He asked, appearing concerned, " I know my head is kind of...hard." He chuckled.

He shook his head and suppressed a smile at her awkwardness. It was somewhat adorable though he wondered how in or out of character that was for someone like her. She usually seemed quite confident and skilled in whatever she did. To be fair though, he really knew her not.

He held out his hand for her to put the ointment on, " I could have done this part my-arrrgh! He should have been prepared by her warning. "Ansgar's beard! It does burn!" Fortunately , the burning sensation subsided somewhat when she blew on the ointment. "Oh my...wow. Pardon my outburst. I was not prepared." The color of embarrassment painted his visage.

visualspice

Katahnia chuckled after she released her hold upon his hand. "It is quite alright." But then she took his hand up agian, raising a brow and staring down at the wound as she inspected it. Then she looked to him. "Would you like me to wrap it? It would be good to keep the wound clean."

Paradox

"Indeed, I'd appreciate that, " Conall replied with a nod. His mind then turned to the other things that would need to be done before nightfall. They had a man to interrogate, Kathania's friend to bury, a dinner to cook or eat...oh....

He sniffed, only now noticing that she had been cooking, "That smells good. You were cooking while I was outside?" He hadn't expected that.

visualspice

Katahnia replied to his nod with a nod of her own, and gently went to work at wrapping his hand. Once it was firmly secure, she lifted her gaze up to his, her eyes sparkling, a subtle blush to her cheek as she smirked.
"Yes, did you think I was in here taking a nap?" she teased. "Though the thing isn't seasoned, the bird might be about finished now." And she moved over to check it, testing the meat. "Ah, yes.. seems the bird is done. Are you ready to eat?"s he asked, pulling her blonde hair away from her face as she smiled, standing over the broiling pot of water that steamed up mouth watering aromas of cooked bird. Seasonings be damned, it smelled heavenly.

Paradox

"No," Conall said slowly, keeping his tone quite serious, "I thought you might be devising a strategy for taking your revenge against me since I won the battle of the pine cones." The mirth shimmering in his eyes betrayed him  , however.

Conall shrugged at her words when she went to check on their meal, "Believe me, this is a royal cuisine compared to what I've made or eaten for the last several months. Or perhaps within the entirety of my life." He could not cook anything well. At all.

He chuckled, "You don't have to ask me whether or not I'm ready. I would have eaten the thing raw, feathers and all had I not the company." A jest, of course, about eating it with feathers. Raw on the other hand....well, sometimes....in the beginning....

It had been repulsive and unsanitary ,but one did what one had to in order to survive.   

visualspice

Katahnia smiled proudly.
"Well, I've learned a thing or two from my parents. And from... a friend.." She blushed and looked away. Recalling Cauwyn.. was still painful, even to this day. She would have to try to send another letter to him once she returned to Connlaoth. Angsar, she hoped he was still alive, if only for her to at least apologize to him.

"One good thing about how this bird is prepared," she began, clearing her throat and clearing away those thoughts. "Is that we can drink the waters. They'll be watery, but will taste heavenly none the less. And will, well... do well to warm our bellies." She added, giving him a dimpled smile. "Come.. let us sit together and take this moment to eat. Then perhaps we can wake up our friend outside for questioning."

Paradox

He quirked a brow when she mentioned 'a friend' without providing a name. He thought he had an idea of who she might have meant though he couldn't comprehend why she'd avoid his name. Perhaps speaking the name brought some sort of emotional pain? Yes, perhaps.

Nodding, he added with a blush, "Unfortunately, I did not acquire any proper tools to dine with. To put it bluntly, I hope you don't mind having to eat like a barbarian. "

visualspice

Katahnia smiled at him.
"I am just glad to eat." and she took his hand, squeezing it lightly (the uninjured one XP ) and looked into his eyes. "And to be alive. Come, let us pray before we eat." And she bowed her head, still holding his hand as she threaded her fingers with his, squeezing it light.

"To the Great Gods above, to those of flesh here on earth, we thank thee for what breath we have, for what life you give to us, and the food to fuel us ahead. We honor you through strife and error, and yearn to be good, to do good, as you have shown us in the ways. For this, we wish our food to be blessed and let it nourish us. Blessed be"
And she raised her head, smiling at him before gestering to the pot.
"Let's eat?"

Paradox

"That's a good attitude to have, "Conall replied in agreement with her. He joined her in prayer, respectfully silent with his head bowed. However , when he heard her pray to 'Gods' rather than Ansgar, his eye popped open briefly to regard her curiously. Well, she was a mage after all with what he assumed to be some fairly different views than his own.

It stood to reason that she placed little to no stock in Ansgarism. He tried not to let his narrow mind feel offense , though he felt a pang of sympathy for her. Lately Ansgar's children had not been a very noble or accurate representation of what he felt what they should be. Rightfully, people were fearful but unfairly they misdirected their fears and made others suffer. He squeezed her hand back and mentally offered a short prayer to his God.

He opened his eyes and nodded at her words, but noticed...

"Indeed but first,Katahnia, may I have my hand back please?"