Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hanging from an Ice-Cold Chandelier

Started by visualspice, June 03, 2013, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Looking at you like what?" she teased, moving closer to him and sticking up her nose, her face but mere inches from his and her eye lids half lidded as her grin, albeit smaller, still carried the same, almost sinister look about it. "And I do remember all of those dances quite fondly." ANd her eyes dazzled at the memory. "Thankfully my toes hadn't gotten too severely injured. But I'm not sure if I can say the same for what you did to my cousin."

OOC: lol he's all injured and still, she trolls him
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

From this angle, he could see straight up her nose which was not the most attractive thing , "I think I see some blockage in your nasal passages. Sorry 'dear', but as much as I care about you, I'm not cleaning them out for you."

Oh God. She still remembered. "I was hoping that you'd forget the part where I was terrible and maybe insert a newer, more flattering image of my abilities that reflect how graceful and skilled I was. " He blushed at the mention of injured toes and Kella. "Poor girl. I tried hard to spare her from that agony. Her bravery was most impressive."

visualspice

Katahnia raised her brows at his booger comment.
"Ha,ha, Conall. Very funny." She only put her nose up further. But then at his last comment, about his dancing, she giggled.
"Do not worry, that image of you dancing is forever burned into my heart, eyes, and in my toes. But Kella, yes... and she had quite the crush on you... It's a shame though. She could never have married you, though. Even if she wanted to."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"Did she?  Well, that's refreshing to hear. In all honestly, I was worried that she had walked or limped away from that whole experience with the impression that I may have been creepy."  He smiled a little , but then frowned, "I regret missing the last dance you know, but I...well, after that incident with the balcony and- I'm sorry if I had offended you then. My illness...flared up and I had to retire for the night. I could hardly move..."

He hadn't considered asking for Kella's hand though he certainly liked her.  Though perhaps in time, had he been able to know her properly...even though his interests were in her elder, oblivious and teasing cousin. He looked curiously with his one good eye at Kat, " Who says I was seeking her hand? Even so, I am curious to know what makes you say such. Does it have something to do with her illness or is she promised ?"

visualspice

"Oh? So you weren't interested? How scandalous of you to lead her on so by choosing to participate in so many dances!" she teased. But then she grew much more serious, her smile fading away at his inquiry. "Yes, in part her illness." She moved uncomfortably beside him. "Conall... you should probably know this, but Kella is a mage."

Paradox

Had he been told this when he'd met her, he probably might have reacted in a  way that was more expected. However, knowing that Kahtahnia was a mage , he found himself not so surprised. In fact, it made a little more sense. " Blaith is as well, is he not? Was that why he was so...protective? I just assumed it had been because Kella was so fragile. But, that hardly matters. I could marry a mage. It's not really...it wouldn't sit well with some, but there is no sin in it unless , of course the mage embraces their taint- Ansgar,  I'm sorry. How narrow of me.   " He looked embarrassed for a moment, " There's something you're not telling me, isn't there?" 

visualspice

Katahnia drew in a careful breath.
"Yes, they both are mages." And her eyes wavered before she added, "And both of their powers can kill just by touch."

Paradox

"Wh-whaat?!" Conall blurted a little too loudly that it caused some of the other prisoners to look their way. He tried to calm himself and forced his voice to quiet, "That's...that's not- how? Why wasn't I...? " Fortunately, he was a gentleman and kept his hands to himself. Had he been like Claust...

So that was why she covered up so much? He'd figured her to simply be modest. So there'd been more to it than that.

"So that's why ...oh God. That's...horrible. I can't even...fathom..."

Now everything made sense, "I had no idea...I just thought it might have been like me, but perhaps slightly worse. Poor girl...Blaith even. "

visualspice

Katahnia cringed when his voice rose. Thankfully, the guards at the other end of the hall only glared back at them, shouting, "Keep it down in there."

Katahnia's eyes raised to look up into Conall's face as she sighed.
"It had been kept a secret. It was... a terrible magic to have, and still is. Both of them, if they touch you, not only can steal your power if your a mage, but your life energies as well. The magics only came to fruition when they bad both come of age, and well, it was a terrible shock. I had never heard of such magics before. It is quite rare, and to think, both twins posses it."
Her voice was low, and she spoke softly, these words only meant for Conall's ears.

"But yes, that is why she dressed the way she had. And... well, you can see the complications it would bring if she were to wed. It's why, when I was found by my Uncle, to bring me back into society, marrying Blaith would secure me not only a place among the nobles, but also protect both he and Kella, as well as myself. If any one found out who I actually was and what duchy... and of my child, and now, with my name becoming a figure in a war.... well, there was quite a lot of good reasons to consider the union."

She grew quiet a moment before drawing in a careful breath.

"But something had become of Blaith, and I'm not exactly sure what. But all I know is Kella has gone missing, and Blaith seems rather torn over it. But.. to be honest, the way Blaith had been acting the last time I was with him frightened me. He couldn't be reasoned with and I.. well, I left before Kella vanished. We were just about to announce an engagement my engagement to Blaith that week. But I knew I couldn't marry him. It was.... far too uncomfortable to be around him anymore. We had a big fight and well.... so I left."

Katahnia kept her eyes upon the ground, growing silent, her mind still crawling over the incident.
"I wish I hadn't left. Part of me fears... Blaith killed her."

Paradox

"So that's why my visits were all rejected, " Conall wouldn't say it , but he was relieved that he wasn't the one whom had done something wrong. He took no pleasure in knowing that there was something very wrong with Blaith though or that it had caused Kella or Kahtahnia any amount of grief.

"Kat, I am so sorry, " he sat up, the effort was slow and painful but he managed it. " but she might still be out there somewhere. One can only pray. Maybe...we might find her. You never know. After all, we did find each other without even looking. " He placed a comforting touch lightly on her arm, " I wonder if...if I was really Mordecai. Do you think that ...  ?Maybe I could confront Blaith myself? Maybe try to talk to him and find out what's happened. "

He winced, "Ugh...I probably shouldn't have moved. I can't stand lying down though. I've done enough of it."

He looked thoughtfully at her, "You know, had I known I ...would have offered to help. I mean, with my illness...I doubt that I could- even were it not so, you seem like good people and it wasn't as though I had many offers- well, many reasonable offers. "

visualspice

"Here, lean against me," she said, scooting closer to him and positioning herself so that his shoulder could lean against hers. "And don't be. Don't apologize." She smiled up at him softly. "It wasn't your fault." Then at his offer, she shook her head.

"It's too late for those sorts of things now. Besides, my Uncle never would have approved anyone enough to allow them to get close to know the twins' secret. So even if you had wanted to marry Kella, he would have turned you down in order to protect her, no matter how saintly and charming you might try to appear." she added the last part with an unheard chuckle.

"But that does beg an interesting question. You are well past marriageable age. How come you never found a wife since last we met?"

Paradox

He leaned against her. He had little choice as he'd used up all of his energy just to sit up. "Yeah. I understand. Though it is a shame because I certainly understand the importance of such secrets being kept. Hm...saintly? Me? Yeah right." He chuckled, " Though I thank you for the compliment. I certainly wasn't trying to be who I was when you met me. I am just...myself. It's a bit exhausting to have to put on an act all the time, you know? I have to do that enough when dealing with - well, nearly the whole court. " He sighed.

He blushed when the conversation turned to his marital status, " I...don't know. It's only been a year, has it not?  I just haven't really met any women that are genuinely interested in more than my station. Let alone someone I could actually relate to. I told you before. I'm not going to marry a- your pardon, but I will not marry into a family of leeches that will suck my duchy dry at the very moment of my passing. "

visualspice

"It feels much longer than that," Katahnia replied, then gave a sigh. The she nodded to his comment about 'leeches ' and raised her eyes to meet his. "That's a shame. Anyone woman ought to find you a good catch, considering how well your beard houses pine cones," she teased. "THough I suppose the position you hold would attract the sort of women who are looking for power and position, rather than good husband or lover matieral. It'st he unfortunate circumstances of being the nobility. Most marriages are often arranged, and most of the time in benefit to the families. And if they are not arranged, well, then the man or woman is normally acting as a huntress.. " She chuckled. "To find the best suitable match of man, money and power."

Paradox

"You think so? " He didn't miss her teasing and nudged her arm lightly with his and then he sighed, " I don't know...I suppose it's a little unfair to not accept any of the blame myself. It's just embarrassing to say at my age..." He sighed again, "Oh very well. Alright, I admit to being a little...nervous around women. As funny and pathetic as it sounds, I'm not entirely sure how one ought to act . I know how to be a gentleman. I just don't know how to be...more than that. That's the other half of my problem.  "

visualspice

Katahnia laughed, though she tried to repress it and it came out as something short of a snort. Her eyes then went wide, and she giggled again. Shaking her head, she finally was able to get over her small fit of laughter as she drew in a breath, waving a fan at her face to cool herself off.
"Oh, Conall, heavens, you did not need to admit to that. It was painfully clear at the ball! Though, oh! Do forgive me, how terribly rude I must sound! I am sorry, and you, in such a state?" she said, but even as she tried to steel off her emotions to become more serious, she found herself chortling again.

Paradox

He glared at her, looking clearly embarrassed and perhaps slightly affronted by her amusement. It hadn't occurred to him how obvious his inexperience or awkwardness was though had he paused to consider his behavior when compared with others, he might have known better. He couldn't help himself though , "Oh! It's NOT that funny!" He puffed up like an offended puffer-fish and, had he the strength, he probably would have grabbed some of that stinky stew and thrown it at her face because that's how mature (and angry!) he was. "You're- you are SO  ...mean! "

Why was she laughing at him? Because she was EVIL! That's why!

Meanest fake wife. EVER.

He was seriously regretting their pretend wedding that never actually happened right now. FOR REALS.

ooc : lol. Captain obvious right there. xD

visualspice

And at his out burst, Katahnia still continued to giggle, and was almost unable to contain it, her entire face red.
"Oh.. Gods... C-Conall.. please, I really didn't mean offense I.." but ..
she was still laughing.

Paradox

"I'm so glad that you find my humiliations to be so amusing. Keep laughing, please. I hope you expire from the hilarity. It would teach you a lesson, wouldn't it? And then I'll take this bowl of Allarian sludge and dump on your....face and stick pine cones over your eyes. For no other reason than because you're not being very nice. " Clearly, he failed in the department of threats and insults as well.

"Stop laughing! I command you! " He growled , clearly frustrated but too tired to sound as upset as he felt. It sounded more humorous and just a little bit sad. 

visualspice

Unfortunately for Conall, his threats only aided in her laughs, and soon she was snorting again as she tried to cover her mouth. The very mental image of what he said was just too much, so she doubled over, trying to save face but well...
the other cellmates were already looking their way.

It was then Lana approached the pair, a sweet smile upon her lips.
"I am glad to see you two laughing. It seems you've already accepted your fate here?" she asked, raising her brows and smiling, since, despite their situation, it had been a while since anyone could consider laughing. "Might I inquire what's so humorous?"

Katahina was too red faced to do it, as she tried to keep back the laughs, but it only brought forth tears as she covered her lips. She simply pointed to Conall. Let him explain it.

Paradox

Conall looked at Lana and , quite seriously he declared, " Nay, it is simply that she's a madwoman who delights at my misfortunes. She's tormented me since the moment we met.  She's quite evil and sadly, I'm stuck with her. Probably for eternity. Feed me that sludge and kill me now. Trust me, you'd probably be doing me a great service."

"I'd say feed it to her , but I think it would fuel her demonic energies somehow." He shot a glare at Kahtahnia and growled, " What part of stop laughing escapes you, woman!?"   

ooc : They probably think they're both insane lol....