Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Anyone want a minotaur helper/bodyguard?

Started by Vitar, June 09, 2013, 10:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitar

Thanh is alone under NPC control right now and could do with someone to thread with. Long-term I'm looking for an owner for him, but for now if anyone wanted to hire a guard or some muscle, he's available.

visualspice

I don't have any characters that would fit that exact bill, unless you're up for a random encounter, then I've got plenty o' characters for that XD Some of my characters would have an erm, interesting time running into a minotaur~
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nascent

Oooh, sounds promising!

I have a newly (re)minted character, Vates, who could do with a bodyguard while he travels. While the guy's a clever mage and artificer he's... a bit "off", and where illusion spells and magic marbles fail a dose of heavy-handed minotaur probably won't. BTW, I know it's not an exact match, but you might consider using this as a bit of character art considering the similarities of design.

If you're interested, I should have a thread ready for him to step into soon, likely involving him and Vates traveling together.

Vitar

Thanks for the image. We should totally test Thanh and Vates together. My concern is whether an absent-minded genius can handle Thanh for very long; if he finds a way to kill Vates and run off back home, he'll try just that.

Visualspice, who do you think Thanh should encounter?

Nascent

Ah, but that's the thing about Vates... odds are he won't want to keep Thanh as a slave, not really. He's a Feral and they're used to being discriminated against, ostracized, and taken advantage of when people aren't outright massacring them out of blind fear. Plus, Vates isn't the type to force anything on people, mostly because he doesn't like things being forced on him. If anything he'd use the whole "slave" angle of things as a way to protect the big guy in secret, keep other people from taking advantage of him while treating him quite decently. Probably even remove the enchantment on that slave ring 'cuz, heck, he can.

Entirely up to you if you think that kind of relationship'd work out, of course.

Vitar

I'm pretty sure Thanh would try to kill him if he did that. I mean, maybe if they hung out for a year or so Thanh might develop the concept of non-minotaurs having good intentions, but people have played head games with him before and if he sees an opportunity to kill his new owner when they're still basically strangers, he'll take it. Athephenae would catch onto Vates' personality immediately but Thanh wouldn't. (And Athephenae is useless to you because he's a strict pacifist.)

visualspice

Someone like Aelith or Iyla; Aelith would only be curious of him where as Iyla would be wary. Human or beast, Iyla isn't one to trust and is pretty wild herself; so a random encounter on either part could be interesting, that is to say if you'd be up to throwing Thanh into a random spot of trouble for random mis-matched meetings and misadventures~ though I don't have any characters that would take in a slave, except maybe Ne'friss, but she's in the desert and I don't think I currently have enough substantial background story for her to give them much of a rp setting to go off of other than that XD  At least not right now. She's sort of young so she'd more or less would bark out orders from him. (but I guess that's what all masters do XD )
Hrmm.. I might have to think more on it x.x
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vitar

A young master with a giant minotaur would be adorable. I'm up for some random encounters if you are, it just means Thanh needs to drag his NPC owner along.