Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Plans for Vharzyym

Started by Anonymous, July 29, 2005, 01:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Sometime in the near future Vharzyym is going to invade connlaoth. This is not discussible. In compliance with the rules on taking control of a kingdom, we must have the O.K. from all members actively roleplaying there. So, RPers of Connlaoth, i give you this humble option. Give us permission to take control of your pretty little kingdom, or we will blow out the castles foundations and bring it to the ground and blaze down the village. I am only going to these measures to make sure our plan will not fail again. This is not a bluff, and i am not asking permission, I am informing. and before you argue, go to rhi about this, or just try to ignore it, remember that rhi IS my cousin and i have thoroughly discussed this with her and we have come to these terms. It is legal on the site. Go ahead and post your permission here. I would hate to see connlaoth destroyed. And Nightcandle is with US on this, for Vharzyym, losing is not an option. I am also giving you all sufficient time to carry out any unfinished plots that are currently active.

Anonymous

As Chancellor of the Sith Empire, I do applaud you on the way you just said that. I am very proud of you my son. Rise to power, remember the sith code...

For you are Darth Mod, the one, the only, the EVIL.

Now, execute order #66

Anonymous

bwahahahahahha. If i missed anything let me know lol.

Rhindeer

XD Sorry, cuz...but as a player of charries there, ya don't have my permission on this one. >.> But you already know that. I *might* be swayed based off other people's opinions (unlikely ^^;; ), but for me, Connlaoth is just far too young (not storyline wise, because storyline wise it was established loooong ago, but site-wise) and hasn't yet been established, really, on the site.

For me, it's a really unique kingdom in that, unlike the others, it persecutes magic users and the like. I like that aspect, and really don't want to see that element gone. In the future, when Connlaoth had more players, was more established (like Adela and Serendipity), and all that, hey, such a storyline might be fun. But with it so young on the site and not yet really off its feet...

Attack all ya want, though, I have no problem with that, and would love seein' a Mordecai vs. Vharzym thingy! And a good raid on the kingdom, I think, would be a good way to wake up sleepy Connlaoth and probably get some good stories going and more people interested in the kingdom. And, heck, maybe develop some rivalries and whatnot; I think Connlaoth needs to see some action. Just don't assume they'll sit on their heels. XP

But like I said, I might be swayed if I knew more about the storyline itself, character relations, and depending on the collaborative ideas of any other posters. ^^ See, that's what this board is for...to collaborate on storyline ideas and whatnot, and add to them.

OHHH! By the way Josh, totally off topic, but...mom JUST found your razor! It was in the trunk of her car! XDD Sorry to post this here, but I'm in too much of a hurry to PM or call ya!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

As Chancellor and Emperor I over-ride the Wonder.

Execute order #24 (Silence of the Lambs) lol

I <3 Star Wars

Although Wonder is my direct support I still say blow the hell out of the non-magick using kingdom, my lesbian and her hetero friends depend upon it!

*Slaps hand over the Wonder's mouth to keep her from yelling* *Nods her head* See she says go for it

lol XP

Anonymous

Yep. No support for a take over from me. And actually, I was thinking..

Since the Mordecai nullify all magic within a certain distance... Wouldn't they also do it for all those visitors who rebel by just being there? I mean, wouldn't the people visiting Connlaoth not be able to use magic simply because of the fact that there are always Mordecai out and about in the village and castle?

If anything is going to happen (attacking, not conquering) then you have to wait until Nightcandle returns. It'd only be fair, since she plays the royal family.

Also, I think that before anything major happens with anything else, the more important things are the relationships Connlaoth has to forge or abandon with Serendipity and Adela.

I know you guys are all about taking over, but SotE has really been all about the smaller plots. Besides, if the entire site had gotten taken over, you'd be left with nothing. Its the smaller plots that make the site fun and unique. Always planning to attack another place will get boring fast (especially since I don't think there is anyone that will allow a take-over, since it wouldn't make sense numbers-wise and the kingdoms have far too much history and potential as they are).

Anonymous

QuoteIf anything is going to happen (attacking, not conquering) then you have to wait until Nightcandle returns. It'd only be fair, since she plays the royal family.

She won't be back until....*looks at calendar* After New Year's I'd say. If she even comes back then, she may be shipped off directly over sea's

Anonymous

Ya, but how would you feel if you came back to find the kingdom you lead in near ruins? Its a lot to come back to and would involve a lot of work (we tend to make Amanda go through it all the time ^^;; She's gotten used t finding excuses for Akkiel's disappearance, but Amanda's developped a talent for that over the years ^^;; And in all fairness to us, she tends to suddenly leave... and then we all get sad and dream of the day that Mr. Sex-God Akkiel will return! haha!)

I'm sure you boys ca find *something* to occupy the time while she's away. Don't put all your eggs in one basket! Besides, six months really isn't that long when your RPing, since someone can be gone for a month anyways and it holds up the plot for a bit. I mean, look at me and Rhi! We've had a plot for Sachi and Caanan on hold for about a hear and a half to two years! They haven't been inactive, they've just taken a longer route to our plot.

Anonymous

QuoteYa, but how would you feel if you came back to find the kingdom you lead in near ruins?

I doubt I'd be allowed that much power so in that case, I will never know.

Anonymous

QuoteI know you guys are all about taking over, but SotE has really been all about the smaller plots. Besides, if the entire site had gotten taken over, you'd be left with nothing. Its the smaller plots that make the site fun and unique. Always planning to attack another place will get boring fast (especially since I don't think there is anyone that will allow a take-over, since it wouldn't make sense numbers-wise and the kingdoms have far too much history and potential as they are).

Im not sure you realize the addictiveness of conquest.  *points at name*  and plus, just because a war is a large plot, it doesn't mean that there isnt room for smaller ones.  Ive always seen wars as ways to get everyone excited and bring new life into rps.  Whereas without a war, there might be several plots not really going anyware, suddenly an epic battle begins and everyone has goals directions.  even if they don't take sides.  

and i need warfare.  its much safer getting out my bloodlust over the internet attacking mythical creatures and such than shanking some emo kid pissing me off at school. :D

Anonymous

Quotethan shanking some emo kid pissing me off at school

+2,000 points if he's a hardcore christian

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "D-vad"Im not sure you realize the addictiveness of conquest. *points at name* and plus, just because a war is a large plot, it doesn't mean that there isnt room for smaller ones. Ive always seen wars as ways to get everyone excited and bring new life into rps. Whereas without a war, there might be several plots not really going anyware, suddenly an epic battle begins and everyone has goals directions. even if they don't take sides.

I'm not sure you realize that a lot of people have their own storylines and war is on the backburner. Even if all the plots were done, they would never all be done at the same time and then people would all just be waiting for a long time with nothing to do until the others finished their plots.

SotE had never needed a war or seige before. For the most part we can all think up our own plots and be happy with them. Aside from that, I think everyone learned early on that everyone has a different view of what "powerplaying" is and, of course, everyone knows the lengths and limits of their characters, so wars altogether tend to stir more OOC problems than anything.

Wars just place a huge inconvenience on many people. Maybe you guys should scale down to something your own size? Maybe YOU should find a rival for your characters' group or have some other players create characters to rival them. That way the Kingdoms don't get inconvenienced with some things they'd rather go on without (and not holds on thier plots) and you guys can still have your carnage. I mean, you'd have to find people just as bloodthirsty as yourselves, but I'm sure it won't pose *too* much of a problem ;)

Anonymous

I know we've all had this discussion before, and most people here don't agree with my point of view, but i personally think that planned plots are a bad idea.  What drew me to roleplaying is that it's like real life (except more interesting and set in a fantasy setting  ^__^)  you don't always know what's going to happen next.  you read what the other people post and react as your character would in real life.  Plots are for books.  rps should be filled with adventure and excitement.

and if we have clear rules established by rhi about powerplaying, than i don't think it should be a problem.  unless someone is just hellbent on bitching about something, but i doubt anyone will do that.

Anonymous

Ah, but I know that a lot of people (including myself) view RPGs as an interactive book. You get a bunch of authors working on something. Also, not everything is planned out. I know for the plot with Sachi and Caanan, I have my own ideas.. Which I've kept from Rhi (not only to bug her ^^;; but for a bit of surprise!) and of course there's interacting with new characters ^__^

But anyways, regardless of that and powerplaying, there is still the matter that wars cause a huge hassle. Not everyone wants to be in them, yet they want to remain in a village/castle and continue what that had been doing. Wars/sieges tend to pull everyone in regardless of what they want--which is why the rule about EVERYONE agreeing was so valuable.

I definitely think you guys need a rival (not a kingdom, but another gang/group/whatever) to keep you guys busy without disrupting other plots (or at least, not many and not often).

He-ey! I just got an idea.. Wouldn't it be interesting if there was like.. Its hard to explain, but it just popped into my head with the thought of two rival groups.. If we had a map of SotE (that we agreed represented the site properly.. I think Amanda's was amazing, she just needs to move the Theives Guild and Hidden Mansion, since both should be hidden ^^;; heh) then there could actually be a good chase. Like moving from board to board. Of course, there would be rules (like, depending on the amount of people RPing in each group, there would have to be a certain amount of posts in each thread before they could continue). That way both the hunter and the hunted could move and be vulnerable to being stopped by those in the current land they are travelling..

I have no idea why that just popped into my head ^^;; I'm not even sure it makes sense.. But it'd be like either one group looking to fight, or one group having stolen something (kind of like Darlig having Vai, but in this case its two rival groups with a set of rules for the chasing)... It'd be like RPG war tag. LOL!

Anonymous

that's an awsome idea!  i love maps.  absolutely love 'em!  it would be great to actually know where evrything is for once.  XD

Anonymous

Well I adored Amanda's map.. Although we agreed that in her's the Hidden Mansion isn;t exactly hidden ^^;;

http://www.deviantart.com/view/17460599/

If you put the Hidden mansion further behind the TG, like between a few mountains, I'd say the map is bang-on (or maybe even add a river between the DMV and the LMV, to space them out more). It spaces things nicely, while still maintaining a closeness that certain places need to each other. Like Serendipity and Adela have a good relationship and Connlaoth is at the back.. which makes sense because its not really well known and *wants* to be away from all the magic, anyways!

*looks at map some more* The right (our right) seems a bit crowded... Heh.. I adore the map regardless! Amanda is my Goddess. But Maybe Necromantia would be better off the coast where the Crimson Claw Dragon Flock is? Or a bit more north?

Meh! *snugs map*

Anonymous

yeah.  the south east area of the map does seem a little crowded.  i would move Necromantia over by the wolves of darkness pack and maybie spread the light and dark mage villages apart a little.

Anonymous

Ya... But Amanda's so great! *cheers* Its by far the greatest map I've ever seen made for an RPG ^__^ *cheers for Amanda to make another Kirshie picture* I'm so deprived!

I wonder if she'll ever even come across this.. I guess I'll just have to start a petition for more Kirshie-lovin'-art... Once her computer situation is beaten into submission, of course.

Rhindeer

Quote from: "Damaged16"He-ey! I just got an idea.. Wouldn't it be interesting if there was like.. Its hard to explain, but it just popped into my head with the thought of two rival groups.. If we had a map of SotE (that we agreed represented the site properly.. I think Amanda's was amazing, she just needs to move the Theives Guild and Hidden Mansion, since both should be hidden ^^;; heh) then there could actually be a good chase. Like moving from board to board. Of course, there would be rules (like, depending on the amount of people RPing in each group, there would have to be a certain amount of posts in each thread before they could continue). That way both the hunter and the hunted could move and be vulnerable to being stopped by those in the current land they are travelling..

I have no idea why that just popped into my head ^^;; I'm not even sure it makes sense.. But it'd be like either one group looking to fight, or one group having stolen something (kind of like Darlig having Vai, but in this case its two rival groups with a set of rules for the chasing)... It'd be like RPG war tag. LOL!

Dude...that's an excellent idea! O.O I know that such a plot would make me want to create charries for BOTH sides. XDD Because that sounds just fun and unique! Right now, I've just been kinda annoyed at the whole conquerconquerconquer thing (I like war and stuff, but spread it out! And it doesn't always have to be on a kingdom, especially not a kingdom that hasn't even been established on the site...at this point, I've been more interested in the inter-kingdom relationships than anything. And rivalries are always more interesting, to me...and group dynamics and whatnot...ooo, that's got me thinking of who could be a rival of Vharzym...).

I do like that idea way better, myself. It would certainly be something that HASN'T already been done at SotE. O.O And it would also be something I could see myself getting excited about, simply because it hasn't been done. Hell, I already AM excited about that sort of deal...I so love rivalries! XDD
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa