Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Winds of Canador (M)

Started by visualspice, June 15, 2013, 03:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Pao gave a shrug, staring him over before getting to her knees and moving a hand forward, lightly resitng it over his bruise.
"It will heal, but will take some time." She looked up at his face. "Perhaps a cold bath to tame down it's swelling? It may also ease your muscles after such stress and tension against your friend." She smirked. "It seems you both have quite the history, and it seems as if I will become involved, no? This case you bring to me, these visions in the light, aye, they are like nothing i have had to deal with in a good long while. Most folks here, they just want to know about life and love and happiness, yai,yai,yai, but it brings good coin, you know?" she said, making a motion with her fingers. "But that is not the extent of my skills. It seems with you.. you..." she looked directly into his eyes again. "You, of the strange eyes, I will have to go deeper." an she pressed a hand, palm down, over his heart.

"Oh.. it beats quickly." she said with a chuckle, wagging her eye brows at him. "Do you want that bath now, ya?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

She was right and those three days without rest or even something as relaxing as a bath were beginning to take its toll on him and it showed in his eyes.  So Enzo nodded to her and tried to stand but with poor effort as he soon fell on his ass again.  "A hand if you would," he requested.  As soon as he was up he looked at her.  "Matakopas will want you involved now that he knows your visions are of importance.  But you don't have to.  This isn't your fight."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Pao'orha only shrugged as she placed Enzo's arm over her shoulder and helped guide him into a back room.
"It seems that is not yours to decide," she said with a playful chuckle. They rounded a bend, past through another section of beaded curtain before the pair of them made it into a small room, one they could barely fit into tht held a small tub in the center.

"Wait here, I shall gather buckets of water for your bath. Though the waters here might not be as cold as you might think, the salt in them will do well on your body. Help cleaned the spirits and refreshes the skin."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Sea water?  That's your secret?" Enzo couldn't help but laugh but knew if she had a method to her madness, who was he to refuse.  So he leaned against the edge of the tub and removed the last pieces of armor that remained on his legs, letting the metal clang to the floor as he lingered at the edge of the tub.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Pao'orha gave him a wink.
"There is much the ocean waters can provide."
She moved away, and moved over to her make shift well that resided in a back room of her home. It went all the way down tot he waters at the bottom of the cliff side. NOt many houses had these sorts of chutes, and she was lucky, so it took a great deal of time before she came back with a bucket full of the salt waters. She slipped it into the tub. It didn't offer much, but it would do.

"If you wish to have it filled all the way up, we might be here all night. I will fill it up once more, then you can use my herbal soaps to rub away all that sweat and worry clean off your skin." And then she winked playfully. "And if you are lucky, I could help." ANd she disappeared to gather another bucket of the ocean water.

Lion

Enzo gave her a smirk and laughed.  He blushed despite himself began to remove his trousers when she left to get a second refill of the bucket.  It would do and soon he was inside of the freezing water and he gave a bit of a yelp when he slipped inside.  The bruise along his abdomen clenched and made it ache all the more, but his face was only flushed with pain and he soon settled in the water.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao returned with a second bucket of salt water and grinned to see the large man, naked in her tub.
"I'm sorry my bath is so small, but it seems you fit in it just ok, yeah?" she said,a nd didn't wait for him to answer, dumpign the second bucket of water into his lap and leered him over, liking what she saw.
"So..y ou want massage, yes? I have oils that work well when rubbed into the skin. Makes for a very relaxing evening, amongst other things." she said, giving him a wink.

Lion

Enzo was beside himself with the cold salt water, the sensation drying against his skin as she shivered when the second batch came in.  He needed to meditate, to center himself and to concentrate on where he could find Matakopas, on why he attacked the fortune-teller...and what she had to offer for him.  The magecrafter wouldn't have bothered with her if he didn't think she was important.

But perhaps that was just the distraction and Enzo looked up at her with wide eyes, only recognizing she was still there.  His brow was low and innocent and he peered at her once again.  He nodded and turned as best he could in the tub to put his back to her.  "I've traveled three days with no rest.  Three days with out sleeping or eating.  I think I could just die right here and I'd be happy," he laughed.  "If you don't mind, a back massage will do.  I'll make sure you're paid, with what gold I have."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao smiled like a cat, and moved to rub oils onto her hands before working them into his shoulders.
"You didn't need to tell me that!" she said, barking out a laugh. "I can feel it in your shoulders," she said, leaning in real close to his ears. "They speak of many more days of tension than three." She seemed to purr out the words as she asked,

"So.. I fill you with good water and breads, perhaps some meat this evening and we share bed, yeah?" Her fingers continued to work into him. "You would be amazed what powers the bodies uniting has on one's spirit after being famished of so many of it's vitals." She gave a good laugh at it. "And I must say it will be wonderful for us both. I feel a connection here, deeper than nature.." and her hands continued to dig in, thumbs rubbing, loosening at the knots without reserve. "And a price? We can speak of gold later." She shrugged. "For now, we have to settle what your body needs." and she moved her hands to massage a bit lower on his back, before her fingers began to move around the front, reaching down thrugh the waters to something she believed needed massaging in his lap.

Lion

He wasn't quite understanding her meaning until her massaging began to grow more intense.  Enzo turned his head over his shoulder to peer at her hands as they kneaded his shoulders and he couldn't help a groan that escaped him in response.  He needed it more than he knew, and he could feel the tension leaving his body with every pressure point.  He washed over himself as she continued her ministrations until he saw her hands sink into the water.

At that his hand shot down and held them for a moment.  "Food and water will do," he said with a smile.  "I can sleep on the floor.  I will be content with that.  I must meditate, center myself.'

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao blinked, but grinned none the less at his actions.
"I have many blankets. You can borrow some if you want separate room." She got the gist. "But, aya! You are so tense!" her hands went back to his shoulder. "I do not know if my hands can be so skilled. But I try.." and she worked at them a bit more before grinning and moving away. "Take your time to finish your bath, ya? I'll see what I can do for food." and she stood up and left him to his own devices. Her services were needed elsewhere, after all.

Lion

It was a strange offer and he watched her leave with narrow curious eyes, lingering long after she left and he continued to wash himself until he felt the stress of it all leave him.  When he was done, he got up from the tub and dried off, dabbing himself dry and feeling flakes of salt remaining.  Once they were gone, he slipped into his trousers and gathered his greaves and then moved with some difficulty back into the main room.  Her house was a lot larger than he would have guessed and he didn't see her anywhere else.  So he moved the rest of armor into one corner, setting it upon a chair and reclothing himself with his tunic, kneeling in front of his armor, staring at it...wondering why it felt so heavy all ov a sudden.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The smells of sweet, steamed vegetables wafted through the room, and a moment later, she was carrying a steaming dish, a smile upon her face. She rest it upon a low resting table upon the floor.
"Here, eat. These are fresh, I picked them this morning. They make you strong, and help you rest well," and she gestured to the fried mushrooms. "And let me know if you want any more spice. I wasn't too generous witht he seasoning. If I put too much, I find myself awake, all night. And you want rest. Yeah? So eat. And I shall get us fresh water. Waters help purify parched throats and souls." And she tossed him a wink and returned, carrying a pitcher of fresh mountain watera nd poured each of them a glass.

"So tell me, are all of your friends and visions you seek so colorful?" and she smirked, taking a seat before him, her legs crossed in indian style fashion.

Lion

Enzo blinked at her with scrutinizing eyes and he actually grew slightly irritated at her happiness.  Couldn't she see there were more serious things at stake?  Things that needed focusing, reflection, and rectification!  But he knew what she would say.  Of course there would always be trouble brewing, always madmen that wanted to do mad things, so why let it bother you.  That much was easy to gauge from her attitude.

He moved to the small table and knelt before it as he was wont to do rather than sitting cross legged.  Resting both hands upon his thighs, Enzo bowed his head to the food in reverence to it before looking up at her with furrowed brows.

"Are you always so inquisitive?" he countered, reaching for the water, smelling it first before taking a sip.  "You must not get many guests, the way you smother them so.  I am not trying to question your hopsitality.  Like you, I am merely...curious.  But I do apologize for any rudeness I may exhibit.  It's just not very often do hostesses offer to sleep with me."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao-orha gave a curious tilt of her head.
"I ask because I seek answers in all things,"s he said, and smiled at him much like a cat, a sparkle to her eyes. "It is only in my nature," she shrugged. "And it pays the coins," she said, rubbing two fingers to prove her point. "But even still, the Saranthian are a curious race, for we are connected to the world all around us. We can see things others can not, and knowing things about the others that are not shown to us in visions often times help connect the pieces." Then she smiled a bit and looked down at the fried mushrooms. "But come, eat. It will make you rest better, I assure you. Then perhaps we can talk about what it is you and I ought to see this night. For I fear our dreams will not be pleasant, as shadows lurk on all walls."

Lion

At the mention of shadows, Enzo glared up at the walls as if their own cast upon the wall from lamp light would jump out at them.  The tension that relaxed away seemed to return to him in that second and made him look down at his empty plate before nodding to her.  "I see then," Enzo nodded to her.  "I'm sorry I did not mean to assume.  Yes let's enjoy this meal."

He reached forward and looked at the dish of sea food and mushrooms and plucked a small portion onto his plate.  As he took a taste he actually smiled and nodded in approval.  "This is quite good," he said.  "Not as bitter as I was expecting.  And to answer your question, no...not all of my friends aare quite as colorful..  I don't have any friends.  I don't need them."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At his response, Pao laughed.
"Friends are nice to have, but they keep you back, ya? I have many friends here, in Canador, though none like the family I left on the plains. Here.. eh.." she shrugged, picking up a cooked mushroom and eating it. "People tend to keep to themselves, and are gulliable fools who have dreams as powerful as the ocean." And she smiled, picking up a sea snail and eating it through a grin. "Though sorts of people I like. This town has much potential, and my own fate, my own dreams have lead me here. So I wait, I wait for the visions to come, to give me the answers, the second phase in my life; for I too, know something is greater at work here. A colorful force perhaps, who knows.." Ad here she grinned, "It very well might be connected to you and your friend."

But then she laughed. "Eat, eat, I do not wish to get ahead of myself, but I am excited to dream this evening, so I have laced the meal with some extra herbs to ensure we sleep without disturbance. So enjoy it all, and I think you mght find the sea snails are quite tender, ya? They soak in the spices good."

Lion

Enzo looked down at the snails and licked his lips.  "I'll admit this is rather unusual for me but it is good for now," he said eating more and in particular the mushroom and making a face.  "You have a strange pallete but it is better than boar's head.  You don't have to eat the eyeballs whick explode in your mouth at the most inopportune moments."  He gave a bitter laugh.

"So you can read into people's dreams?  When I sleep will you read into my dreams?  Will our dreams combine?  I fear what you would see.  Sometimes I'm too frightened to sleep because dreams do not come as easily as nightmares."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I get visions while I wake, and visions while I sleep; though I've noticed the most powerful ones come to me as I slumber."
Her eyes then danced. "Combined dreams would be something, it would mean we are connected, fated to have met. And might even explain while I passed out and fell over my balcony ontop of you." She chuckled. "It will tell me whether that was a warning or a good sign, though.. Aya," she rubbed at her neck. "I am still stiff from that fall. Perhaps later, I use oils on myself." She wrinkled her nose, but was soon smiling. "So tell me, you dream often, ya? And dreams of darkness?" And the last part, her smile faded, concern showing within her eyes.

Lion

Reminded of the fall, he visibly blushed and laughed.  "It's not often I have a woman fall on me in from the sky.  Though it was a nice change of pace as of late," he said darkly, continuing to eat.  "Though it is hard to believe this what the gods want for you when you've seen all you know and love destroyed before your very eyes.  I cannot assume the if was were fated to meet, that it is a good thing.  And with Matakopas having countered you...if could only mean destruction for you and your people.  He is the reason I live.  To ensure that he doesn't.  But it seems I'm not doing that good of a job."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: