Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A romp in the woods! [Pagan!]

Started by Rhindeer, July 11, 2013, 07:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Valor didn't often go into the woods. He wasn't fond of nature. It was dirty!

But so was the young village maiden he seduced with his voice and some very pretty words and promises.

Since her dear old mother was home and would skin her alive if she knew what she was up to, Valor happily agreed to continue their tryst in the safety of the woods. As it turned out? Nature wasn't so bad after all. In fact, lovemaking out there among the trees was rather exciting and very primal. He made a note in his head to try it again some time--maybe see if he could drag Knai out there--and to bring a blanket or something so they didn't get burrs in their backsides or bitten by ants. Not that it mattered this time; he wouldn't be seeing this girl again.

Their fun was cut a little short when the girl--no longer a maiden--had to get home before her overprotective mother got home from market, and with a kiss and a promise, Valor sent her on her way. Oh, of course, they would meet here again tomorrow at the same time! He wouldn't forget! She was very special to him, too!

As he watched her leave, lacing up his breeches, Valor realized he'd forgotten her name.

Oh, well.

Stretching and yawning, tired and sated, he headed over to a nearby pond to freshen up. Kneeling beside it and glancing into the clear, still waters, he plucked some leaves from his mussed hair and dipped his hands into the pool to splash cool water on his face.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

paganchick

Pamuy was watching innocently from her waters. She didn't understand what was going on but it was interesting none the less. The two people did look like they were having fun but she shouldn't really see why. So she sunk back into the water, letting her body sink to the deepest part of the water until she saw a face peering into the water. It was the man that she was watching earlier.

He seemed like he really enjoyed having fun so she decided he wouldn't mind taking a dip in the water. She really hoped he didn't stop playing like the other people did. It always got boring when they stopped moving, then they would just lay at the bottom of her stream until the fish ate them, and she didn't understand why they would let the fish eat them, that just seemed, weird.

So when the man started splashing the water she grabbed his wrist yanking as hard as she could, pulling him into the water.

Rhindeer

Valor didn't have time to do much more than gasp before a hand grabbed him and yanked him into the chill waters.

Unfortunately, he was still gasping when he hit the water, so he got a good dose of it up his nose.

The water sent a shock through him, but more than that, the fact that he'd been grabbed sent a wave of horror through him and, flailing, he kicked for the surface and grabbed at the edge of the pool. He'd heard of things that lived beneath the water, stories of kelpies and fae and other ominous creatures. What made matters even worse, however, was that he couldn't swim, and he'd never been in a body of water deeper than a bath. There was just no practical reason for a nobleman like himself to learn.

His head broke the surface and, sputtering and choking, he scrabbled at the dirt to try and pull himself out.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

paganchick

Pompey took both of his boots, letting him climb up on the nasty dirt. She never fully understood why most beings seemed to cling to the soil, the soil was disgusting. She she swam to the middle of the pond before poking her head out of the water, looking at the man there. She held up one of his boots in a rather teasing way before sticking out her tongue at the man.

Rhindeer

Valor scrambled back onto the bank, soaking wet and muddy, too--and missing his boots. Coughing up water, he got a good distance away from the pond's edge before he flopped down onto his bottom and rubbed at his arms, shivering. Gooseflesh broke out onto the exposed skin.

And then he stared into the pond with wide eyes, trying to search for some sign of whatever it was that had grabbed him. Haha, maybe it was just his imagination? Maybe he'd really just fallen in and had imagined being grabbed? Maybe it was just grass and it had spooked him! But it had felt like a hand, and he had felt something pull him, and felt something take his boots.

And then a head popped out of the water and he tensed--and then stared when he saw it was a woman.

She was too pale to be human--and no human could have held their breath that long, anyway! A fae of some sort, maybe? Valor didn't know much about them, but he knew enough from the stories to be cautious.

He crept a little closer to the edge, frowning as she teased him with his own boots. And those boots weren't cheap! They were high quality leather!

"Give those back," he said, motioning her closer. "You can't just...you can't just grab people like that! Or steal their boots!"

paganchick

Pamuy flashed the man a dazzling white smile. It seemed that the man was going to play, which made Pamuy very excited. She moved only slightly closer to the edge, he would have the advantage on land.

Pamuy turned her head slightly as he told her that she shouldn't do what she was doing, she was simply playing, did he not see that. She moved his other boot the hand out of the water so she was holding both in the same hand before she motioned for him to join her in the water with her then free hand.

Rhindeer

Valor stared at her. Was she nuts? He was not going back in there, not even for his boots! The water wasn't too deep, but deep enough that he couldn't comfortably touch bottom, and he didn't trust the strange woman enough not to drown him.

His frown turned into a scowl. "No way. You bring those over here," he said, shaking his head and snapping his fingers. "Come on, now! You're going to ruin the leather!"

paganchick

Pamuy crossed her arms and frowned, first off we wasn't playing, which made her sad, second, he was talking to her like she was some sort of pet.
"I'm not a dog," She finally spoke with a bit of a pout on her face.
"Why should I bring them, you are being mean, I was just trying to play," Pamuy said looking up at him from under her thick lashes.

Rhindeer

Valor jumped when she spoke. He hadn't even considered that she could, considering she was a water creature and had been silent up until now. What she said, however, was even odder than the fact that she could speak at all, and Valor felt his eyebrows climb.

"That was play?" he finally said, gaping. "You nearly drowned me! And you ruined my clothes! And you're going to ruin my boots, too, if you don't give them back now!"

paganchick

Pamuy looked at the man, her head turning sideways, a slight frown forming over her full lips. What did drowned mean? She had never heard the word before. Slowly her face soothed over and she returned her pale gaze back at the man.
"Water doesn't ruin clothes," She spoke, of course, her magic kept her clothes from being ruined but she did not know this.
She pouted again, "If I give you the boots you will go away," She spoke softly, her delicate brow furrowed.

Rhindeer

Valor sighed irritably, rubbing his temple. "Well, yes, I didn't plan on being here all day," he said, dropping his hand. "But look. What do you want, exactly? We can make a deal. My boots for...whatever."

He paused, and frowned. "As long as it doesn't involve getting in the water."

paganchick

Pamuy swam to the edge of the pond, her upper body leaving the water, exposing the wet clingy fabric of the white dress she wore.
"What if I wanted you to stay here all day?" She asked with a laugh, he did say whatever as long as he didn't have to get in the water.
She didn't get close to him, she didn't trust him enough to do that. If she got too close she was sure he would try to take his boots and run.

Rhindeer

For all that she was some strange creature that could easily drown him and suck out his soul, she looked woman enough. And thus, Valor couldn't help but glance down at the top of her dress when she raised herself a little from the water, eyebrows raising appreciatively. He only glanced back at her face when she spoke, and he lifted his shoulders in a shrug.

"Then I suppose a deal is a deal, isn't it?" he said, and held a hand out for his boots. "I had nowhere pressing that I needed to be. Though honestly, I'd rather not dally here, soaked and cold."

paganchick

"I don't trust that you won't run off once I give you the boots," Pamuy spoke with a sigh.
"I will give you the boots when evening comes," She spoke as she let herself sink back into the pond, placing the boots in a rock that emerged a few inches above the water towards the middle of the pond.
"Now they can dry," She spoke as she swam back towards the man, pulling herself to sit on the edge.
"What is your name?" She asked, her head turning to the side slightly as she studied him.

Rhindeer

Valor heaved an agitated groan and rubbed at his face. He was cold, wet, muddy, and miserable, and now stuck here? Oh, sure, he could leave, but that would mean tromping through the woods, and through the city, on his soft, bare feet. The forest floor would tear them up in no time! Not to mention the filth of the city. Given the choice between one misery and the other misery, he ultimately chose the one that wouldn't give him bloody feet.

Shoulders slouching, he rested his chin on his palm. "Fine, but--ah!"

As she pulled herself up onto the shore, Valor scrambled backwards and away from her, putting several feet of distance between them, just in case she thought about pulling him into the pond again. When she made no further move, he relaxed a little.

"Uh, it's Valor. My name, I mean," he said with another sigh. "Who are you? And what, for that matter."

paganchick

"My name is Pamuy," She pouted slightly as the man pulled away. She turned her head to face to look back at the pond, a bit disheartened. If she didn't have his boots he wouldn't stay, and she knew this.
She sighed deeply, she just wanted someone to play with, a bit of companionship, something she lacked a lot of living alone in the middle of the forest with no other naiads to share her pond with.
"I am a Naiad," She added after a moment of silence her back towards Valor.

Rhindeer

"A naiad," Valor repeated, crossing his arms over his chest and grimacing at the way his clothes clung uncomfortably to his skin. Gross.

"I've heard of naiads. That explains it. You lot drown people for fun, is that it?"

paganchick

Pamuy turned to look back at Valor, her pout turning into a frown as her head turned to the said as his words.
"Drown? What does that mean?" She asked, her white dress clinging to her skin.

Rhindeer

Once again, Valor couldn't help but glance at her dress, noting the way that it clung like a second skin. But! She was a naiad! She drowned people! He was not about to fall for a little flesh. She had almost had him, and he was very lucky he'd managed to get away.

Looking back at her face, he snorted at her question. "Oh, don't play daft. It's what you almost did to me, pulling me down into the water like that."

paganchick

Pamuy shook her head, "I just wanted to play," She spoke, her voice soft, sad. What was the man accusing he of, she didn't understand, why did he seem so angry with her, she didn't do anything.

"What does drown mean?" She asked again.