Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A ball to be had!

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, August 04, 2013, 08:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

There was a distinct feeling in the air whenever a huge event such as a ball was coming. It was familiar to Jean-Luc, having thrown more than a few during his life. As the young, attractive noble waited for his guests to arrive, he went over everything, just to make sure it was ready. The tables were neatly arranged, with white tablecloths and assorted treats and pastries for his guests delight. The marble floors had been swept clean of any dust, and the decorative banners were in their places in the main hall.

With everything set, the Marquis ordered a few butlers to welcome his guests, and went upstairs for a little bit to change, not clothes, but form. He knew it was rude not to personally greet his guests, but he hasn't transformed in a while, and needed to stretch his true legs. Closing the doors of his bedchamber behind him, he shifted. His fair complexion gave way to orange fur, his face becoming more and more vulpine. His clothes, too, changed from cloth and wool to their furry counterpart. With his transformation complete, he walked around a bit, and looked in the mirror. Oh, right.... he thought. Not one to let his condition dampen his spirits, he was curled up in his bed, when his vulpine ears heard something. It was his guests knocking at the front door. A bit early, aren't we?

zozee9

Vivian smiled as she approached Jean-Luc's estate. It was a beautiful place, and somewhere she had never actually been in before. Despite her partying tendencies, bad timing after bad timing left her with no chances to attend one of this man's famous balls. She was so excited for this ball, in fact, that she had arrived early—something she typically avoided doing.

She knew she looked fabulous tonight, wearing a dress that had taken her weeks to sew. The sleek silk shimmered in the moonlight, matching her radiant smile. The light green color especially brought out the green in her eyes. With a low neckline that didn't look slutty due to her lack of real curves, the dress was tight in the torso but loosened as it got lower, highlighting her small waist and long legs. Vivi wore a silver chained necklace that had a large sapphire embedded at the bottom. It was the first thing that her boyfriend, Diarmaid, had ever given her, and she always wore it on special occasions. Her long, blond hair was French braided to the side, causing it to fall about mid-stomach. And with her gorgeous boyfriend at her arm... yes, even Vivi knew she looked beautiful.

In fact, to anybody else they would probably look like a model couple. This was clearly the thought than ran through the butler's head when he opened the door, his eyes wide and face astonished. After all, Vivi doubted he was surprised at seeing her there when he worked for one of the most well known party throwers of the city. But the butler quickly regained his composure and let them in. The smile on Vivi's face only got bigger as she admired the inside of the estate which was even more beautiful than the outside.

Turning her head towards the butler that had let them in, Vivi kindly said, "Thank you." Then she looked at Diarmaid and asked, "Isn't it wonderful here?" While she might seem calm and composed on the outside, she was dying of excitement on the inside. This might have been hinted at by the giggle that followed her question.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Gaius The Solemn

It was indeed a beautiful mansion. The ornate designs on the walls and floors gave the place a very sophisticated feel. The look on the servants face really made him warm. It was not only he that saw the beauty he was standing next to. He felt that he himself would always pale in comparison. But he was excited by the chance to go with Vivi to another of these events.

Diarmaid was adorned in another robe made by Vivi, it was similar in color but not as intricate. he always liked his clothing to be simple. Preferably emblazoned with his insignia, but he could put that aside to try to look more presentable at these parties. It seemed that the majority of his clothing was made my Vivi now a days. He tried not to impede too much though. He had just shaved that day so his face was clear of any stubble that would otherwise make him look messy. His brown hair was still cut short and brushed neatly. He tried to keep up with his physical appearance, more or less.

He looked over at Vivi, with a warmness in his voice, "Oh yes, it seems that our host goes to every expense." He smiled at her giggle. It seemed they were the first here, which was okay, he was a more one-on-one talker anyways. First he scanned the room and then he looked over to the butler, "I assume we are the first to arrive, we did leave a bit early." His tone still calm and warm, he looked back to Vivi, "Do you want to meet our host first?"

Klezmer Gryphon

Although a bit worried that his early guests might discover his true self,  he wasn't too concerned. The majority of his guests wouldn't arrive for a couple of hours, and the Marquis needed some well earned rest. Curling up in his lavish bed, the kitsune drifted off to sleep, and wouldn't wake up for a couple of hours.

Down in the main hall, the butlers were busy still making final touches here and there, being mindful that there were guests in their master's house. The one that greeted them, who's name was Walter, addressed the guests, who were in awe of the beauty of the manor.

"I apologize, but the master of this house, the Marquis de Govénaux, is resting for tonight's events. He gave strict orders not to be disturbed." He said, and showed the two around the estate, as was also instructed for any early arrivals.

zozee9

Vivi smiled as Diarmaid spoke. Even his voice sounded so nice... which he most definitely was. It was the main reason she fell in love with him. He was quite the charitable man, and it inspired her to be even better.

She was a little disappointed that she couldn't meet their host quite yet, but kept smiling nonetheless. As the butler showed them around the estate, Vivi couldn't help but admire everything the man owned. Even his servants seemed top notch—they were quite kind and kept themselves busy. She hoped he paid them well.

Looking at the butler who was showing them around, Vivi kindly spoke, "Oh, it really is beautiful in here. Do you know how long this estate has been around? It seems timeless..." She stole a quick glance over at Diarmaid. He had been so surprised when he had first seen her giant house, surely he must be loving the grandeur of this place. Speaking to the butler still, Vivian added, "And I'm afraid I missed your name?"

She was surprised that there hadn't been any guest list when they first arrived at the party. Typically balls with invitations needed people to check in so they knew there weren't any people sneaking into the party, but that wasn't the case with this one. Perhaps it was because Jean-Luc invited so many different social ranks that basically everybody was allowed to attend. Or maybe it was just obvious based on what she and her boyfriend looked like that they were meant to be at the ball. Either way, Vivi decided not to put too much thought into it.

"I'm Vivian Piara, but you may call me Vivi," she said cheerily, figuring she should introduce herself.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Gaius The Solemn

Loving would be an understatement. This mansion was on par with, if not better than, some holy cathedrals. Everything so ornate, he really could not think of any more that could be put into the detail of this beautiful place. He kept his eye scanning about the various rooms just so he could soak up ever bit of detail that he could. but that just didn't seem possible.

As he was looking at this very wonderfully crafted vase he heard Vivi introduce herself. Diarmaid thought to himself, "Oh darned, I keep forgetting those simple things bout fancy places."  He turned to the butler and started to introduce himself as well, "And I am Diarmaid." He still didn't know how to spice up his introduction, it seemed so bland for a place so amazing as this, "This place really is magnificent, every little detail crafted so wonderfully, I will have to give my compliments to our host once he is ready."

He mainly let Vivi do the talking for those bigger groups of people or for the really fancy parts of going to balls and such. He just wasn't as outspoken, but that doesn't mean he was a mean person. He could really talk up a storm with a group of one or two people. He really did wonder when all the other guests would get here, just to see who he will have a chance to converse with.

Klezmer Gryphon

"It is not my place to give my name, but if you must know, I am Walter C. Dorenz, butler to the Marquis, and keeper of the house when he is away." The butler said as he led the guests along. He was tall for someone his age, his face creased with wrinkles, with his pepper colored hair tied back in a ponytail. Walter then checked his watch, and saw what time it was.

"Ah, it's just about time for some of the other guests to arrive. Please, take a seat. The maids will attend to you shortly." He said as he went to greet the other guests.

Elsewhere, Jean-Luc had just awoken from his nap. The Kitsune was still tired, and wanted to sleep, but upon checking the time, knew better than to keep his guests waiting. With a smile on his face as it changed from vulpine to human, he tugged his coat, straightened his cravat, and walked out of his chamber, and peered over the balcony to await his visitors.

zozee9

Vivi smiled as Walter introduced himself. She was just going to try to make conversation with him when he took off. She sat down like he asked her to, and was immediately glad she did. Not because her feet were hurting from her heels—she had stood much longer in heels than that—but because the chairs were absolutely comfortable.

She smiled widely at Diarmaid, clearly happy with how the party was going so far. Vivi had high expectations, but they were being beat. And the other guests hadn't even arrived yet.

Adjusting her dress, she turned her head and sweetly said, "Thank you for coming with me! I've been wanting to come to this party for years... and can think of no better person to come to it with than you."

Gaius The Solemn

Diarmaid had a slight redness flush to him for only a second, "Why, I am absolutely delighted to be here with you. This place is truly brilliant! I do wonder if the Marquis has an extensive library as well." This place was a lot to take in at once but books were on his mind just as much as making sure he didn't mess up, but he still held is head together. Wouldn't want the start a long night off badly.

He relaxed back into the chair, it was of very fine craft, just like everything else in the manor. He could not wait to actually get into conversation with some fine people, find out about the library. IT felt strange, usually he didn't feel completely confident with his social abilities, but with each passing moment his confidence built. Quite the interesting phenomenon to him at least.

Again, his voice washed over the air, "When do you think the others will arrive? I am very much interested, even excited, to be here." His eyes were glowing with a mellow sort of glee. He tried to keep his person calm.

zozee9

Vivi gasped dramatically and responded, "My sweet Diarmaid, excited to be at a party with me? Heaven forbid!" The leaned towards him and tapped him playfully on the nose before realizing that that wasn't correct party etiquette. She sat straight up again, but the joyfulness didn't leave her rainbow eyes.

Smiling at her partner, Vivi added, "I'm sure they will arrive soon. We weren't all that early... just ten minutes or so. And I would be quite amazed if there wasn't a grand library here." She paused and then continued with, "That was the first thing you fell in love with at my house, wasn't it? My library... I remember that. You looked as if you had discovered the secrets of the universe when I brought you in there."

She sighed in remembrance. Everyone always told her that her rose colored glasses would disappear after being with Diarmaid for a couple of months... that the original love would fade to something different. But that still hadn't happened. She felt as if she fell in love with him again every single day.

Aeytrious

Ryk Handelaar, wealthy merchant, arrived in his platinum inlaid ebony coach. It was expertly crafted, sleek and elegant, with the most posh and luxurious interior of black silk cushions. As he stepped down to the carpet that led up the stairs to the entrance of Fae's End, he could see Walter treating the guests that had arrived before him. The Soot Wolves had vetted Walter to no avail. They could find no shadow's in his past, no leverage to blackmail or bribe him with. His strong loyalty to the Marquis de Govènaux was unwavering. Getting a spy onto his staff had been difficult as well. He had five or six in most of the manors of Arca, but only one here, and that spy had learned little. Walter was the solution to cracking the nut that was Jean-Luc, but Ryk could not ferret out a way to use him.

Up the familiar steps Ryk went. He had not missed a single ball in Arca that he had been in town for. Business regrettably took him away from the Capital of Kia's Court, but he did his best to plan trips between social events. Jean-Luc Yves Robert Joseph du Arca's balls were some of his favorite. Ryk had had a few clandestine meetings in the linen closets of Fae's End, and tonight would surely be entertaining. More importantly though, Ryk had brought with him a man servant to attend him at the event. A Soot Wolf in disguise, a Shadow, he would sneak off at the first opportune moment to search for any clues to the secrets of the estate. Ryk had his money on Vampire. The research he'd done had turned up interesting information on how long the Marquis had been in possession of his title. Ryk also had a very keen eye, and too him it appeared that Jean-Luc had not aged a day since Theodore Wrenthis had arrived in Arca and created the identity of Ryk Handelaar.

"Hello Mr. Dorenz," Ryk said with more courtesy than would normally be afforded a servant. He handed his invitation to the butler with a small nod of his head. "My servant, Aramis here, will be attending to me this evening." The Shadow Wolf gave a small bow, the appropriate courtesy due to a servant of higher standing than he was pretending to be, but remained silent.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey