Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Is this your card? (OPEN)

Started by Tak, January 16, 2014, 07:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tak

Magos sifted through the streets before finding a new position. It was clear he was a good magician.
To show off, he started bouncing cards, joining cards, teleporting cards into peoples mouths, and so on. He looked around for guards. None. Good.

"Ladies, Gents and everything I didn't mention. Today I will be doing a trick that has never been done before. I have been... working on it. May all the volunteers please form a line over here? Thankyou."

He analyzed the volunteers. "Everything is just one big magic trick, with everything in it also a magic trick. Listen carefully. Observe. You are being tricked right now."

"Now Volunteers, you see these cards?"
asked the man. He walked to all of the volunteers, showing a deck of cards. "Now picture one of the cards I showed you. Have it in your mind. Picture it... and remember it. Have you done that?"

((Feel free to be a volunteer.))

Codestar7

Piquano's curiosity piqued. What was this strange man doing? The water spirit watched as the newcomer called Magos played excitedly with a deck of cards. To his surprise, a two of hearts appeared in his underpants.

The magician asked for volunteers. Piquano eagerly accepted. Standing out the front in a line of people, he was asked to select a card and remember it.
His mind thought of his favorite card. Ace of Diamonds.
"I picked a card, magic man." Announced he.

Tak

Magos concentrated. 2 of Clubs. 9 of Spades. Ace of Diamonds (Yours), Queen of Hearts. I have them. I got it.

He continued to concentrate, not saying a word. He started to do some advanced calculations with his fingers, although it was a red herring and had nothing to do with the trick.

"Listen to what I have to say, as it is very important." said the magician theif; twiddling his thumbs and taking red herring cards and magnets from his sleeves to give wrong ideas. "What is your favourite type of cheese?'

If they answered seriously they would be in for a surprise. A big surprise.

Codestar7

This guy is good. See if he knows anything else.

As the other volunteers thought, Piquano and his pet Aquano stood casually.

He will never guess this. I am lactose intolerant.

"We have all chosen." Announced the end in line, after many affirming gestures.

Tak

Magos stood there, taking in body language and clues. Blue Cheese, Cream Cheese, Cheddar, Lactose Intolerant. I have them now.

He reversed the line. It was going to amaze.
He threw his deck of cards into the air, and then they fell to the floor, with the cards that where chosen by the volunteers were perfectly balanced vertically. Then they seemingly jumped back into his hand (the chosen ones), as he threw with great force like a frisbee at several cheeses at a nearby cheese store. In fact, they where the types of cheeses that where chosen with their respective owners, with the intolerant one hitting a tree next to it. "Magic."

He saw a guard nearing. The guard may or may not know who he is.

Codestar7

Piquano knew the magician wasn't going to guess either his card or the fact he was lactose intolerant. So Piqano nearly fell over and Aquano shrieked when the Ace of Diamonds appeared at his tail.
"sorcery" muttered the merman.

The girl next to him's two of clubs was dug deep into the Blue Cheese, The elder to his right's 9 of spades hit the Cheddar with a squelch. They both gasped and nearly fainted. Then, amazingly, the magician threw the Ace into a nearby tree. Piquano asked, "how do you know that?" There was no reply as Magos glanced nervously into the direction of a guard.
Piquano asked again. "How do you know this?"

Tak

Magos looked over to the guard before realizing he was being talked to.

"A Magician never tells his secrets. Secrets and lies run the place, so the place therefore the place must run secrets and lies. Now I ask a grand question... Is this your card? And is that your cheese?"

When he was done with the petty civilians, he looked again to the guard, who didn't notice him.
"No, I don't do autographs. No, I don't have a name. No, I'm not the magician theif with that multi-million bounty, so stop aski-"
He realized he may have said too much. The guard spotted him and figured it must of been him. But he didn't worry, he didn't fret, as it is all just a big magic trick. A Lie. A secret. Secrets and lies run the place therefore the place must run secrets and lies. All is all is none is none. It is just a Magic Trick.

Codestar7

"That is my card. And yes. I have no favorite cheese. In fact, I am lactose intolerant"

Two questions were asked, and then... The magician slipped something out. Something about bounty and thief.

"What did you just say, strange man?"

A guard turned at the man's comment. He started stepping towards the group. Some people ran, only to be stopped by other guards. Piquano stood his ground. A guard stepped near the magician.

((Keep going, don't want to godmod.))

Tak

"Oh, no sir. Wouldn't want you hurt, sir."

If the merman where to look, he would see that he was stripped of his gold. Magos lifted a card and prepared to throw it...

He threw it, and the guard stopped in pain as his neck was cut, but not anything serious. As soon as a shriek was heard, the Magician ran to a bin and jumped in. If anyone where to check, he would have vanished. An Ace of Diamonds appeared in the Merman's hair.

Codestar7

The magician prepared to throw a card. Piquano flinched, afraid it was being thrown at him. To his comfort, it hit a guard, and he was cut deeply. When he turned, the magician was gone.  The merman pulled his card from his hair.

"Show yourself, thief." Called Piquano, realizing his gold pouch had been cut from his belt. Frantically, guards searched all over for the magician. It was no use. They didn't find him

"Gosh. Guards in Thanatos were better than that." Muttered Piquano.
"You can come out now Magic man. Face me."

Tak

Several swishing sounds where made. Magos appeared on top of a building and started his announcement. "Truth and Lies are one the same. Spiders meet Flies to play the game. One is real, One is fake, both have the same and the same have both."

By the time he finished his little rhyme, the guards got to his level. He simply ducked to the ground and disappeared into relatively thin-air. The valuables where returned. He isn't just a simple thief. Everything has a purpose. Everything has a reason. Just like reality. Just like fantasy. There is more.

Aeytrious

The strange man and his strange words made no sense to the Scavenger Wolves that worked this street. All that mattered to them was that this buffoon gave them the perfect distraction to pick pockets. They slipped through the crowds, and bumped the passersby, lifting coin and anything they could get their kits on. The man seemed pretty paranoid, glancing about, but not many more than a well practiced thief would notice. His "magic" seemed to rob several of the onlookers of their values. Hopefully a hidden Shadow Wolf would really that information. Just in case, the head Scavenger would report it to the Coyote. She would not be happy that someone was poaching marks in Arca. And if you pissed off the Coyote you were as good as dead. She had an even more brutal reputation than the Red Wolf. He was merciless, sure, but it was emotionless, calculated. Zeina really made you hurt if you crossed her.

At the end of the shenanigans, the conman seemed to return the stolen goods, well that was an interesting twist. That would have to be relayed as well, and those freshly returned goods would have to be lightened wherever possible. The Scavenger Wolves would keep an eye out for the lunatic. A good distraction like him was a good patsy.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey