Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Weary Be Thy Travelers (NAS)

Started by November, August 05, 2013, 02:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

November

"It seems so, you won't be completely useless after all!" The raven-haired merchant jabbed at him, not staying her sharp tongue from him in the slightest. In the same second, from nowhere, November pulled another glittering gold coin, catching the rays of the sun, sinking lower and lower as the evening went on. "That's dinner for one." Her voice came cheery, almost pleased at him and his small achievement, but as much as he seemed to be. As long as he was willing to keep learning along what would only be a long road for the both of them, then, as far as she were concerned, the runaway prince wouldn't have a problem finding his own path. 

Nova didn't need him to tell her a lot more about his so called family in order to get an idea of what they were truly like, not that she imagined them being much different in truth. Certainly she sometimes needed a blade. Bandits and other creatures weren't unseen to the average traveler, and November knew them well enough to know you never had too much protection from them. "I'm sure I can find a use for that sword arm of yours. Not everyone in the world in as friendly as ol' me." The young woman commented. It was true enough, and she didn't regret it. If there wasn't someone trying to steal her things and cut off her head for it, her life would be a lot less eventful, not to say she really enjoyed those moments a whole lot. Eventually, a fish seemed to catch on her own hook, and she relayed the small animals fight just enough. "Maybe you should get a fire going? Unless you're a fan of raw fish, that is!" She shot him a friendly glance to his new task.

It would be some time, though not necessarily a long time, before she really got used to having another human being along by her side. For too long she had only really known her silence, the rumble of a cart, the clopping of hooves, and the panting of a large dog. Nova loved her furry companions all good and well, but it wasn't the intelligent interaction of a person. Sure, Archie made a wonderful blanket, but he never returned her conversation as she stared up into the clear night sky.

As Theron would begin to go toward his other task, fish in toe, the small woman would call back to him; "Won't leave it too late; it'll be food and then off to bed, we rise early in the morning!"

(OCC: Well...this took a while XD)

Nascent

He took her faux jab with an equally faux look of hurt, followed quickly by a renewed smile. Theron was quickly gaining an appreciation for her sense of humor -- she was so genuine that even the most back-handed comments Nova made had a sense of generosity about them. At the mention of starting up a fire the young swordsman gave her an enthusiastic nod, carefully standing and even more carefully bringing his prize catch with him. "Consider it done -- that's one more thing I actually can do. And," He paused, a tone of confidence and trust weaving into his voice. "Me and my sword are at your service, m'lady." He said that last word with a bit of playfulness, as though taking a jab at his own cast-off nobility.

And as he made for the fire pit and she called back to him Theron, with a more relaxed feeling than he'd before known, looked back and smiled. "Okay, can do!"

In a short while a fresh flame kindled in the circle of stone and ash left by travelers before them; it seemed what survival training his family had taught him would, at last, be put to a positive use. Theron wasn't entirely sure how to go about preparing the fish so he focused instead on removing the hook and gathering kindling. He would follow Nova's lead when it came to making dinner... there was no way he could ever thank or pay her enough for the things she was teaching him, that was for certain.