Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A chance meeting (clever fox)

Started by Hadrian, August 09, 2013, 04:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadrian

Hadrian walked through the gates and let out a sigh. He hated big cities. Too many people. Hadrian knew he had to be here though. Hadrian and his companions had been low on food ever since they got to serendipity. He was also VERY tired of hearing Jean bitch about food. The market stalls were so busy with rich and poor people of different races and colors. He scanned the market to look for the food stalls. He saw all kinds of stalls in his search, all selling different items.

"Over here, Vernon", Hadrian said sounding obviously annoyed.

Vernon and Hadrian walked over to the stall only to see a big line. Hadrian, clearly unhappy pushed people away to move up in the line. Hadrian and Vernon got to about halfway through the line when a man turns around and slaps him.

"You dirty elf! Get off me!", the angry man shouted.

"You have some nerve! Do you know who I am!",he continued

OOC:the angry man is just a random noble

Klezmer Gryphon

Jean-Luc was strange for a both a nobleman, and a vampire. For starters, he invited townspeople into his home, but completely ignored the other nobles, unless, of course, he was holding some extravagant ball. As for being a vampire, he was strange in that he was completely immune to the effects of sunlight.

Having nothing better to do, he took a stroll through the markets at midday, his black coat and pants standing out very much against the crowd of more lavishly dressed nobles. His fiery red eyes spotted something from behind the black sunglasses that hid them; an elf and his companions, no doubt travelers from the look of their clothing, arguing with some rude nobleman.

"Gentlemen, please. Can't we be diplomatic about this?" He said, smiling as he walked between the arguing parties, his top hat blocking the view of the elf from nobleman, and vice versa.

Hadrian

Hadrian looked up to see a man dressed very well. No doubt he was richer than any of them. His courteous ways, his polite demeanor. Hadrian hated nobles, but this one at least wasn't a raging lunatic. Amused by the madman's rant, Hadrian laughed right in his face. Hadrian looked at the man with a cold, dead stare.

"I can be diplomatic, but I do not know about my friend here",Hadrian said without taking his eyes off the angry man.

"Whenever he stops thinking he's the grand duke then we can talk"

Klezmer Gryphon

"Oh, I'm sure we can solve that very easily-" he said, his grin revealing what appeared to be fangs. Without a warning, the vampire twisted the noble's arm behind his back "can't we?"

He applied as much pressure as he could without breaking the man's arm. The pain he felt was very evident on his face. "Let this quarrel die, good sir, or Im afraid this won't end well for you." Jean-Luc said, but before he proceed further, the nobleman begged for mercy. Reluctantly, the vampire let him leave. He then turned to the elf and his companions.

"Now, you all must be hungry, I imagine. If you so wish, you may dine with me tonight." He said courteously, with his grin never once leaving his face.

Hadrian

Never decline a vampire. He knew that, for that was common sense unless you want to fucking die. So Hadrian no choice but to nod in approval at the vampires request. Hadrian walked down the market square past all of the spoiled rich people. "Power can ruin you", he thought to himself. That's why he always lived on the outskirts of the cities. Never being too close to them.

"So... I'm Hadrian. What's your name?"

He had said that with fear still inside him. He had never interacted with a vampire before, but he knew the stories. All of them ended in someone's blood being sucked. "That would not be fun", he thought to himself.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Hadrian...." He muttered. He'd heard the name several times over the past couple of centuries, but this fellow was not who he was thinking of. Too young. Remembering common courtesy, he replied.

"Jean-Luc, at your service." He said, extending his hand. He could sense the young man and his friends were somewhat nervous... Had he really given away that he was a vampire?

"No need to be nervous, my friend. I don't bite." He chuckled, although, he was half serious. While he was a vampire, he tried to stay away from drinking blood, instead feeding off of the dreams of others, which, while not as satisfying as drinking blood, it provided the same thing.

He then proceeded to show his new guests the way back to his home, Fae's End; named so because in the days of old, any fae that wandered in never returned. Nowadays, the name wasn't quite as literal, but the reputation still lingered among the fae.

Hadrian

"I don't bite", Hadrian thought. Oh how he thought he was totally fucked. He didn't think his friends noticed it but Hadrian was scared shitless. In his best attempt to hide his fear he let out a little chuckle when Jean-Luc said that but he thought he was done for. Hadrian had heard the stories about vampires but he really didn't think much of them.

"So this is your lair *Ahem* home?", Hadrian said while standing in front of the manor. He was thinking of a way to convince Jean-Luc to feed on only him and not his friend Jean. He also began devising how to tell his brother that he was a vampire and how to deak with all of the death he would see during his long,long,long life. Unless he could stop Jean-Luc from turning him. 

Klezmer Gryphon

"Well, well, aren't we the suspicious one? I assue yo-" he began, but then noticed his head butler, Walter.

"Ah, Walter! Would you mind showing our guests around the estate?" He asked the old man, no doubt in his late sixties. The butler nodded, and motioned for the guests to follow.

Jean-Luc, now free of company for the moment, went up to his chamber, which really contend of two separate rooms, one with the bed, nightstand, and other furnishings of a normal noble's bed chamber, but the, there was another, secret room Jean-Luc had. It was accessed by a secret door in the wardrobe, and, inside, there was a small bookshelf, and a rather large cushion.

Making sure that the main door was locked, he proceeded to transform into his true, Kitsune form, which was, in his opinion, a bit less restrictive, and certainly not plagued by physical ailments. Plopping down on the large, fluffy cushion, he didn't read, but, rather, fell asleep for the next few hours, as walking in midday, even with immunity to most of the sunlight's worse effects, still wore him out.