Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Daily Nap

Started by Kaychan03, August 11, 2013, 07:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaychan03

"Come over here by the fire and have something to eat," Lyr requested of the little kit. "By the way, is there anything you would like me to call you? I'm Lyr, by the way," she told him. She smiled at the little guy, but still felt bad. But she was excited to have such a cute new pet that she could spoil. Lyr loved her pets the way most people loved treasure.

Klezmer Gryphon

The fire was very warm, and had Abbán had no qualms with getting something to eat. While it wasn't much, just a stew of some variety, he was glad he was getting something. When Lyr had asked him what he was to be called, the thought about it for a second.

"Well, Lyr, my name is Abbán Fáelán Pádraig Mac Murchaidh Ó Raghallaigh, but most people call me Abbán." He said, spewing out his full, if not confusing name. It was the name his parents gave him, but that was about the only thing they ever did leave the poor boy with.

Kaychan03

That was a rather long name. Lyr couldn't even process the whole name in time to remember it. She was happy when he said to just call him Abban. That would be much easier, than that whole name. It was rather pretty. However, Lyr really didn't have the patience to sit there and learn it.

"Pleased to meet you Abban. The two little furry creatures are Bugbee and Chuggles. They're my pets from home," Lyr said smiling at Abban, though not completely sure where to take the conversation. She was trying to tread lightly around touchy subjects, so she didn't upset the little creature.

Klezmer Gryphon

Abbán looked curiously at the two furry creatures. They looked like rabbits, but, strangely, they were standing on two legs and wearing clothes. As he was watching them, they scurried off into Lyr's satchel, which didn't show any sign of the two creatures that just entered.

"How does your bag do that?" He asked, moving in for a closer look at the strange bag. It looked normal, even smelled like a normal bag, so he didn't really see what was different....

Kaychan03

"Oh, it's a magic satchel. It can hold anything I can fit into its opening. The last time I looked inside the two of them had set up a little house for themselves. The satchel has a bunch of things in it, tents, books, magical items. Things that I just like and don't want to get rid of," Lyr told him with a grin.
It seemed Abban liked her satchel. Though, she wasn't completely sure why. Yeah it was interesting at first. But Lyr hadn't the slightest idea how the magic worked. It just did.

Klezmer Gryphon

Abbán looked to Lyr, then the satchel, then back to Lyr as if to ask Can I go in?, not even paying attention to his unfinished dinner. This bag had captured his curiosity.

It seemed like a strange desire, to be stuffed into a bag, but he was honestly curious about the inside of the bag. A little house? Tents, books, and other assorted items? How they all fit in there, plus Bugbee and Chuggles mystified him.

Kaychan03

Lyr was under the impression that Abban wanted to go into the bag. He was small enough to fit in through the opening. "You can go in if you want. I'm not sure how exciting it is in there, though," Lyr told him.

She certainly had no desire to go into the bag. But to her, Abban seemed very interested in the bag. So she might as well let him have some fun.

Klezmer Gryphon

The minute Lyr said yes, Abbán was already in up to his furry rump. While he dragged himself in, he was simply amazed at the amount of things that Lyr kept in the bag! He wasn't sure whether to be impressed with this bag, or to flat out tell Lyr that she needed to do some spring cleaning!

Of course, though, neither Abbán, who was halfway in a bag, or Lyr, who was probably watching with amusement while the little gryphon stuffed himself into the magical satchel, noticed the group of thieves that was coming up until one of them said

"Hey! Give us your money!"

((OoC: Abbán's cute furry rump is still hanging out of the bag, so feel free to stuff him in there the rest of the way!))

Kaychan03

"Lovely," Lyr said as the thieves approached.

She looked around at the items she would be leaving behind if she just took off. A few bowls. No big deal. So she grinned at the thieves.

"Sorry, but...I really can't do that," Lyr replied, picking up her satchel, while stuffing the rest of Abban's rump down into it. Quickly, her wings appeared and she took off the ground. Once she was high in the air, she made sure to turn around and stick her tongue out at the thieves. Then she continued her flight.

Klezmer Gryphon

"What was that for?!" He asked as he was shoved in! Abbán had just been looking around in the bag, and suddenly Lyr decides to shove him in. So, peeking out of the flap, he saw the ground getting farther and farther away, and realized they were flying!

"Where are we going?" He asked, somewhat curious as to where Lyr would be taking him!

Kaychan03

"Sorry about that. Some thieves appeared and they wanted to steal everything. I pushed you in because I didn't want you to fall out midflight. We're heading down south. I've got business to attend to," Lyr told him. Yeah, shoving him in wasn't the nicest thing to do, but it was the only option she saw. It was either that, or risk him falling out midflight. Since he was a griffin he might be able to fly. 

Klezmer Gryphon

Abbán merely nodded, and went back down in the bag. He'd had enough excitement for one day, and just wanted to relax. So, after finding a blanket amidst the many, many assorted items Lyr kept in her bag, he found a nice spot, but, before he could lay down, he quickly felt his stomach turning. Rushing up to the mouth of the bag, he quickly flew out, and hacked up his dinner. Evidently, it didn't sit well with him...

Kaychan03

Lyr watched as the little griffin flew out and threw up everything he had eaten. Perhaps it had been too much excitement for the little guy.

"Are you all right?" Lyr asked the creature, unsure of why he had gotten sick so suddenly. Maybe the bag travel didn't agree with him? Maybe dinner didn't agree with him? Maybe he was already sick? Lyr had a multitude of theories but she couldn't really be sure. She just knew that it really wasn't good for him to be throwing up. Because now he'll be hungry again.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Beef stew doesn't sit well with me..." He said. He wasn't sick, nor was the bag travel getting to him. It was simply the beef stew they had for dinner that had caused him to lose his lunch.

As tired as he was, Abbán managed to stay in flight long enough to explain his particular diet. He could eat poultry and fish without problems. Pork and beef were definitely of the list, as in the case of what happened that evening, it made him feel sick. With that clarified, Abbán wearily went back into the bag, and laid down to get some rest on the blanket he'd found earlier. He'd need it...

Kaychan03

"I guess I'll have to remember that for next time," Lyr said to herself as the tiny creature went back into her bag. She wondered why the little gryphon has such a reaction to beef and pork. Well, it made no difference to her. She wondered if he could eat bread and sweets? Because she wasn't sure how much poultry she had. She supposed she could catch a few fish, though, that would no longer be an option the closer they got towards the desert.

Lyr hummed along as she flew, sometimes glancing down at the ground to see if there was anyone around. There wasn't. They were lucky the moon was full tonight. It illuminated the ground so she could see where they were going.

Klezmer Gryphon

He wasn't sure what time it was when he woke up, or where they were, but Abbán could feel that they had gone somewhere different. Poking up out of the bag, he saw a seemingly endless expanse of sand, rock, sky. Evidently, Lyr had flown to the desert.

"Why are we in the desert? There's nothing out here!" The little gryphon asked, almost complaining! There was nothing interesting about the desert, except maybe the sand dunes, but that was it!

Kaychan03

"I've got to find a lost kingdom. Called the Golden Kingdom. It has a connection to my family. And if...well, that's all you need to know at the moment. Don't worry. There's a place called Gold City somewhere in this wasteland. We'll be fine. Leave it all up to me," Lyr said to the little gryphon, trying to sound reassuring.

Lyr knew she was going to need to stop soon, but who knew what type of weird things lurked in this desert. She decided she would stop at a higher perch somewhere. She was starting to feel weary and really needed a rest.

Klezmer Gryphon

Lost kingdom? What was Lyr talking about? As much as Abbán wanted to point out the city off in the distance, he didn't. He figured Lyr saw it, too. After a few minutes of watching the terrain, which got rather boring due to the monotony of the sand dunes, he eventually yawned and went back into the bag to see what Bugbee and Chuggles were doing.

Kaychan03

Lyr decided to slower herself down onto a large rock face. She should probably rest here for a while. After all, she had been flying for many hours and the city was within eye sight. Probably only an hour or so till they arrived there. Then there was the matter of the Lost Kingdom, which was different than the Golden City.

Chuggles and Bugbee were busy attempting to organize things further in the satchel. They were trying to make another bed for Abban, because it appeared Lyr wanted to keep him. They both stopped what they were doing and twitched a little when Abban seemed to return. Did Gryphons eat their kind?

Klezmer Gryphon

Abbán wasn't really sure why the creatures were staring at him. It wasn't like he was going to eat them; they were funny and cute. Even if he did want to eat them, they'd just make him sick, just like most other kinds of red meat. At any rate, he stopped his pondering and started looking around again at the contents of the bag. Then, something caught his eyes...