Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yes, But What About Second Breakfast? (Clever Fox)

Started by Brisinger987, August 16, 2013, 06:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Loreiaka had landed near this house because it was memorable, and asymmetrical, she could judge her heading from here. She was tired and sleepy and would rest here tonight. She could fly more but she was too exhausted from her fight earlier.

That little punk had deserved it. She had beaten the crap out of him. She was bigger than most dragons she had seen, and the only thing bigger was that huge serpent dragon she had seen flying round. That thing was huge.

But she was scratched up. She was tired. The mansion had a nice garden full of pretty flowers. It was perfect for her.

She shifted to human form, and knocked on the front door, waiting to be answered.

Klezmer Gryphon

Jean-Luc had been relaxing in his secret study, napping in his Kitsune form. He was in the middle of a perfectly good dream when he heard the knocking at the large wooden door. Shifting to his human form, he went out to the foyer to see Walter, his most trusted butler, had already answered the door.

"Good evening, ma'am. The Marquis isn't accepting visitors a-" the well dressed butler started, but then he saw his master observing the whole affair.

"That's quite fine, Walter. Please, come in, miss." The lord of the house said as he walked down the stairs to personally greet his unexpected visitor. As per his usual attire, he was wearing his usual black coat, black trousers, and a fine red cravat. The only thing that was different was that he was lacking the red glasses, and his top hat, because there was no need for them while he was on his own estate.

Brisinger987

"Thank you..." Loreiaka stepped in and took her hood down. Her crimson hair flowed long, and her dress, while not perfectly innocent, didn't look too provocative. Her eye's were a fiery orange, like her mother's and her skin pale.

"I am looking for somewhere to stay... I was hoping you might be able to accommodate me for a night mister..." She waited to hear his name, nervous about asking to stay in such a beautiful mansion.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Jean-Luc, at your service" the young looking nobleman said with a bow. He smiled, and proceeded to personally give the lady a tour of his mansion.

"You know, I haven't seen a flower such as yourself in quite a long time" he said, commenting on how beautiful his guest was as he showed her to where she would stay, which, while simple compared to some of the other rooms, was still quite beautiful.

"And, if I may ask of you, what is your name?" He asked, waving for his butler to leave them.

Brisinger987

"Loreiaka. Thank you for letting me stay the night. It is very kind of you." Loreiaka smiled before setting a back pack of stuff down in the corner of the room. It was trivial stuff, mostly clothes for her. She hadn't ever been taught to make clothes with her transformations and therefore, now it was imprinted, she would never be able to.

The only thing that happens is that her clothes stay on her human form once put on, even if she changes form and back, they will remain.

Klezmer Gryphon

"It's my pleasure. Please, take time to get settled in." He said as he bowed, and walked out the door, but not before Walter came with something.

"Sir, you've received a letter from someone." He said, and presented the letter to Jean-Luc. Reading he let out a frustrated sigh. He had read the name, and knew who it was from, and he wasn't happy either, when he read it.

"Walter, would you mind delaying dinner? I've got a letter to pen. Please, forgive me, Loreiaka, but one of my colleagues is being an idiot. I promise this won't take long." He said, excusing himself to his study. Walter nodded at the request, and went to inform the kitchen staff.

Brisinger987

"Of course." Loreiaka said. When she knew she would be alone in the room, she changed into something a bit more suitable. She felt strange being in this room with no clothes on. Like something was here, but unseen.

Klezmer Gryphon

Abraham, you damned idiot! he thought as he penned his letter. His colleague, Abraham, was planning on making a business transaction with some duke in Connlaoth; not a wise decision, given how stubborn Connlaothians were. After a good half hour of writing, he looked over his letter, just to make sure everything was correct, and that he didn't sound too harsh.  Sealing the letter, he set it aside, taking note to have Walter send it later.

His momentary anger been vented, he emerged from his study, and went to knock on his guest's door. While he normally had a butler check in on his guests, he was adamant about this one.

"I hope Im not bothering you, but dinner will be ready in half an hour, my lady." He announced from in the hall. He was sure that his guest was changing, and didn't want to barge in.

Brisinger987

"Oh!" Loreiaka startled when she heard the voice, thinking he had entered the room. When she turned around and realised she was alone, she was confused.

"Um, ok, thank you." She hurried and found her spare underwear, which she rushed on, and put on a simple white dress. She realised she had been stood, looking at paintings while she was naked for a good half hour.

Klezmer Gryphon

He simply nodded, and went downstairs, and into the dining hall. As he walked, he thought for a moment about his guest, particularly her name. Loreiaka......

He had never heard a name quite like that before, but, for some reason, he seemed to know it from somewhere. He'd have to ask his guest when she came to dinner, and confirm his suspicions.

Brisinger987

"I really need a bath..." She muttered to herself as he tried to make herself look presentable in the mirror. She wouldn't look great. She was filthy from travelling.

When it was time for dinner, she went downstairs to the dining room.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Ah, there you are. Dinner will be ready shortly" Walter said upon seeing his master's guest. Show the guest her seat, he bowed and left the two of them.

"So, if I may, your name sounds rather peculiar" Jean-Luc began, "I'm simply curious as to what part of the world you hail. It's not often I hear a name like yours, Loreiaka."

While he conversed with his guest, the food was brought out. It was a wonderful meal, with an assortment of fruits, a very nice soup, and, his personal favorite, lamb. While he could get by perfectly fine on dreams and blood, it was nice to have some actual food every once and a while.

Brisinger987

"I'm from a small mountain village in Adela. I had no idea what to do with my life, so I took to travelling, looking for a calling." The lie was a twisted truth, her way of escaping the topic of conversation that she was a dragon.

Klezmer Gryphon

Having a sip of his wine, he looked his guest in the eyes.

"Oh, come now. I'm sure there's more to it than that." He said. His eyes glowed subtly. He knew he was being lied to, but he wasn't that angry. He was merely hypnotizing his guest into giving the truth.... Unless, of course, his suspicions about dragons and hypnosis were true...

Brisinger987

Her own orange eyes glowed back, and the trick instantly failed.

"No, that's it. Uhhh, are you a mage by any chance? Your eyes are glowing..." She had no clue the guy was a vampire.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Of sorts, yes." He replied. He knew his trick failed, and smiled. So, either this woman had some strange immunity to his powers, or she really was a dragon...

"Of course, though, if Im being perfectly honest, Im not quite what or who I seem" he said, taking another sip of his wine, savoring the flavor. With a sigh, he looked back to his guest and waited for a reply.

Brisinger987

Loreiaka noticed a lack of reflection in the window behind him, her absent mind making her look there.

"My gods... You're a... A-a-a..." Loreiaka stuttered to a halt mid sentence.