Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Breath of the Forest (M)

Started by visualspice, August 18, 2013, 01:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Aelith was nearly done sewing him up when she noticed him poking at her metal fingers. She paused, staring at him quietly but said nothing, for it was then she recalled she no longer had a 'hand'; but it was replaced by a mechanical imitation of one. Though she felt a pang of.. jealousy was it? To see a human this close,a dn so... close to perfection, beast or not, had her curious. How did one live without metal? Then again, it seemed a needle and thread were just enough to mend such a wound. But a metal replacement, for when wounds got bad, would last longer.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Jerec peered at her with wavering eyes.  "What are you doing here in the forest?" he asked, hoping she'd answer at least this question and perhaps the next.  "Where did you come from?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She still had yet to finish stitching him up as her eyes raised to meet his. After a moment, she simply answered him, "I left my home." Then answered the latter. "The Mists."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Where is the Mists?" he prodded, grunting here and there as she worked. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Aelith continued to stare at the man before dropping her gaze back to his wound. Right, she needed to finish stitching that up.
"It's far away from here. In the ocean," she said simply, and pulled in a few more strokes through his flesh to seal his wound shut.

Lion

Jerec grunted when the last few stitches were pulled through.  He prodded at his side.  But his mind was pondering more on what she said.  "I do't think I've ever seen the ocean," he admitted thoughtfully.  "What are you?" he tried again.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

For a while, Aelith was staring at his room, then slowly her pale eyes lifted to his.
"I'm a human." Though after she spoke it, she looked down at her metal hand. Was it because of her parts, the 'additions' Cinta had worked into her body, sculpting flesh against armor, fixing what was broken, testing the limits, finding new strengths....
Was it these parts that really set her apart from others? Then again, she did not fully understand human logic either, so to have admitted that's what she was even puzzled herself as she looked away, staring down carefully at each metal piece of her body.

Lion

Jerec stood up and backed away from her, narrowing his eyes at her in sheer disbelief.  "You're no human that I've ever seen," he breathed.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Aelith stared over at him curiously, tilting her head.
"Do humans not wear metal armor to protect themselves?" she asked simply, not moving from where she sat.

Lion

"Only men that do not know how to fend for themselves.  So they hide behind tin and steel because they fear the sight of their own blood!  But that is not armor you wear, it is your own 'flesh' if you can call it that!  You are different.  That much is apparent!" he said with a frown.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Aelith continued to stare at him before slowly standing up. She looked down at her hand again, then over at him.
"My parts are not flesh. Flesh is soft, and easily mend-able, but more vulnerable to the elements." She stared down at where the stitches jutted out from the rippling line of his flesh she had sewn back together on his skin, to the blood there and wondered why he thought someone protecting such a weak element was weak themselves. She found it wise. But then again, she had grown up only to the words of her creator.
She looked at him again before asking, "Why would someone be considered weak when they've found away to become more strong? Would it not be seen as adapting, like any other animal or part of nature?"

Lion

"If a man must hide who he is because of his fear of retribution, then he is a coward.  Is he weak?  Perhaps, but any animal uses their resources to their advantage.  In this, I agree...  But I wouldn't now much about that aspect which you inquire most.  A man is born weak, naturally vulnerable to the power of Nature and he cowers against her might.  But a man is also born with great pride, a pride that instills in him the belief that he may use mother nature against herself, in the sense that that which once hurt and maimed him, could give him sustenance and strength.  But when a man believes he doesn't need nature anymore, then he is a fool, creating for himself a kingdom of stone and steel.  But without nature, none of those things could be provided to him.  Man is most weak when he spurns the abundance already given to him.  Or when he abuses and destroys it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jerec spoke of many things, and at first, Aelith had a hard time taking all of his words in. Then again, they seemed to hold some truths to it, at least from what she could see. And his description did seem to ring true against her 'creator'. Remaining quiet, she looked back down towards her metal hand, slowly curling it closed, though not all the way.

Yes, it seemed men were always seeking for ways to conquer mother nature; even her aspect of vulnerability... and death.

"So you do not care for kingdoms or conquering the earth?" she asked simply, her eyes still upon her metal hand then to where the flesh beside it was slightly grey.

Lion

Jerec furrowed his brow, unsure of her meaning or implication.  He straightened as best he could and watched her watch her own hand as a result of it.  "I do not," he answered in a softer voice.  "The earth provides me everything that I need.  Why would I need to ask for more?  I am satisfied.  I am content."  He stumbled forward a little more and took the opportunity to inspect her hand himself, skittish at first from the coldness of metal, but growing gradually bolder as he turned it over and inspected it.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At first it didn't register Jerec was touching her, for she could not feel what he did through the metal. But her mind had glazed over her vision as she began to think over what he said, but then when she noticed what he was doing, she yanked her hand away.

Lion

The yanking of her hand away, brought Jerec back to reality and he leapt back a few paces, far enough to keep a safe distance and kept his wounded side away from her.  He eyed her for a moment and said nothing - for no words came.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

For a while, Aelith just stared at him, then glanced down but once to her hand before looking up into his eyes.
"Is what I am that strange?"
Did this world not tamper with such things Cinta had been conducting? It was peculiar, but she was curious to know and learn, for a part of her hungered to realize what actually went on with the rest of the world...
and she craved for understanding of the emotions she did not know, and felt muted, but were crying on the inside to come out and be found.

Lion

Jerec still said nothing and just crouched low like an animal, backing away for his own security.  He cast his eyes up to her, at her metallic hues that played against the dulled light of the fog.  "Strange is only a word," he replied.  "You are unique.  But I can't trust you, or what you are.  What words remain for that?  You are an anomaly to this place.  But who am I to judge you."  He paused and strained his ears for a moment.

"Hunters..." he breathed, then looked back to her.  He grew suddenly alarmed and without warning bolted off into the trees as the sound of men grew louder nearby.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Aelith blinked. She hadn't heard or smelt the warnings like the wolf did, but the second he was gone, she cautiously lifted her eyes towards the fog. Rising, she put her items away very carefully before drawing out a blade. If someone wicked was heading her way, she'd be careful. She understood far too well the darker hungers of men, and let her eyes grope into the whiteness, ears straining to hear what she could not see.

Lion

Jerec's wounds were the least of his worries as he thought only of the intruding men coming his way.  He had heard the sound of their approach, men who often wandered these woods looking for easy prey...or sometimes looking for him.  He didn't know which it was this time and didn't know if he wanted to find out.  But he supposed he would have no choice.

The voices stopped as they entered deeper into the forest, hushing down keep from alerting their intended prey.  The gloom proved to be perfect cover for the hunting party as they spread out at least five yards amongst each other, to still be visible between each other and to quickly disperse if necessary.  Their quiet had unusual tacticalness.  They were no ordinary hunters.  They were here for wolf's blood.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn