Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Going Through the Daily Grind(stone) [Open]

Started by Jayfeathers_Stick, August 20, 2013, 06:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayfeathers_Stick

There were two things one never did in Connlaoth and got away with unscathed. The first, was frequently use magic, the second....disturb Kyrre Lavenhagen when he's working. The iconic Dink! of hammer against steel rang out from his forge as he battered away at a red-hot sword blank.

The door creaked open due to someone knocking on it, something Kyrre never bother to fix about the building. "Mr. Lavenhagen, your taxes ar-"

The tax collector was just off by a the the sound of a short sword being thrown into the doorframe. "I suggest ye leave laddie, afore I give ya something to think about...."

Klezmer Gryphon

There was something about Connlaoth made Lucian uncomfortable. Maybe it was the strange looks that people gave him when he said he was a blacksmith apprentice, or, perhaps they just weren't used to seeing a gryphon his size before. Either way, it didn't sit well. The one thing that made his day better was the fact he was going to be learning from another master for the next couple of weeks.

"Ah, here we are, Lucian. And, from the looks of it, I'd say that Kyrre is as healthy as ever!" Rorik said with a hearty laugh. Rorik Ulfberht was Lucian's primary instructor in the art of smithing, and the young gryphon had learned a lot from him. But, now he was about to be in the presence of a true master.

As a spooked tax collector ran off, Lucian wondered what kind of man can run off tax collectors without being arrested. Evidently, he thought, that kind of man was Kyrre Lavenhagen.

"Go on, my boy. Go in and show him the bow," Rorik said, encouraging his protégé to speak with the man inside. Although he was quite literally shaking, Lucian nodded, and, bow strapped to his back, knocked on the door, which, surprisingly, creaked open more than he had expected.

"Mr. Lavenhagen?"

Brisinger987

Roktos followed behind, heating up his new neutralium gloves. Neutralium was an alloy of just daemonite and angelite, two wondrous metals from the realm Roktos originated from. It was something he had a good sense for, and this new alloy had amazing properties. No matter how hot it got, Roktos couldn't melt it, and it didn't conduct heat very well, as metal would cool on them, unless he made his hands hot. That meant he could mould metal when wearing the gloves, and let it cool in his hands.

Of course, Roktos looked like a pathetic excuse for a bodyguard in full knight's armour right now, as he needed to look slightly more human when in Connlaoth. Otherwise he would get killed without a second thought.

Still rather upset over his incident with the chainmail on Lucian's birthday, Roktos let the metal he held cool, and put it in his scraps pouch. He watched the gryphon enter the shop and wondered if he should follow.

"I wish I could make something that didn't melt when I got angry or hurt anyone. Because recently I seem to only make things which do both." Roktos sighed, unwilling to reveal his face around here. He would just scare people. If they got invited in, Roktos would probably hide away in the forge fires until they left.

Jayfeathers_Stick

Kyrre was pulling the sword out of his house when the door opened and revealed a gryphon. "Ye, laddie," he said, "What do ya need from an old smithy like me?"

Just then, he gave one last heave and it came out, leaving a large chunk missing from the doorframe. Sighing, he walked back over to where he kept it, and put in the scabbard. On it read 'For the Government', and it wasn't for a gift either. Looking back, he said, "Well, out with it!"

Klezmer Gryphon

"Well, sir, I am apprenticed to the blacksmith Rorik Ulfberht, and I was wondering if perhaps you could help me with this" the gryphon said as he stepped in. As he did, he hopped up into the air and pulled his unfinished steel bow off of his back. While the majority of the metal work was finished, it still needed to be engraved and also lacked the wooden handle he had hoped to put on. It could function, yes, but it wasn't a complete pice of art.

With a sigh, he presented it to the master blacksmith, and fell back a little so he could take a look at it.

Brisinger987

Roktos stood, watching, hoping that they would be invited inside. He could feel condensation on the inside of the armour.