Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Big Teeth You Have (Tag: Vowel Owl)

Started by Tande, August 22, 2013, 09:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tande

She paused, staring at him with a pair of narrowed green eyes.  He had a way with words, sure, but it didn't mean it held anything of substance for the seventeen year old huntress.  She had lived with her father just fine and well in this hut since birth, not needing much else to survive.  Why have some young idiot above them, especially if he couldn't even defend against an archer like her?

"My father and I are doing just fine by ourselves.  We don't need help."  She took the bowl, adding it to the pile of dirty dishes to clean later.  "...talk to him if you want, but he'll probably just kick you out of here as soon as he gets home.  He doesn't like strangers on his land."

VowelOwl

"Of course you're doing "fine". Most of the Sionad is doing "fine". I'm not offering fine, dear lady. I am offering a thriving country for our people. A city to which our people can be a major player in the world. Not a joke of a hamlet like Hyiote. A Metropolis, a utopia for us Northerners."

Oddr with calculated steps walked behind Karin as she piled the dishes.

"It will be a roof against the never ceasing storms, a fire against the bottomless cold of the world. A seat for you and your father, here, with peasants to rule over and a castle to rule in. That's what I offer. There's only one thing you have to understand if you refuse."

Oddr raised his hands and roughly grabbed and gripped Karins shoulders and leaned in and whispered hoarsely,

"I will rule here either way."

Tande

This man was mad - trying to unite what little people were left on the tundra to make a make-shift country of some sort - it was just an excuse for him to make himself important, wasn't it?  A sick, desperate attempt to be in the limelight.

She didn't turn to stare at him as he talked, thinking only what kind of things he was meaning - and finding it uncomfortable.  Those cold, calculating words only caused her to jump as he touched her shoulders.  She wasn't going to take this silently for much longer.

Moving forward to fall out of his grip, she did a 180 and moved to punch the young man away - going for the face with a startled yell. 

VowelOwl

Oddr reeled back from the punch and took a step back. Slowly he inclined his head back to a straight position. All the while staring at Karin with a piercing glare. His eyes were flickering, as he calculated his move next, but he didn't have too long to do so or he'd lose his chance to strike.

Oddr didn't want to deal any lasting damage to the girl, he knew, that'd do more harm than good once the talks with her father began. He hoped diplomatic talks wouldn't turn into a strategic kidnapping.

Placing his foot behind him and bracing himself against the floor, he did the only thing he thought would effectively take her down, but only leave a few bruises. With a guttural roar he lunged forward at Karin

And tried to tackle her.

Tande

He was incredibly more weighted than her - stronger from the top up.  She kicked, she squirmed, she screamed and pressed at his face with crawling hands, but this was worse than being pinned by wolves or falling from a tree perched.  Stunned by the impact, her flailing only seemed to be wasted.

"L-Let go of me, let go!"  She insisted and screamed, heart racing.  The red head could only think of the worst things that could happen, and only blamed them on herself.  She could have left him dead in the forest for wolves to devour, that would have made her avoid this whole mess.  Instead this man was trying to hold her against her will for only Gods know what.  While he may have tried to keep her from getting bruises it didn't mean she would hold back her own claws and fists against him so long as they were free.

VowelOwl

Oddr growled at the scratching but kept a piercing glare at her while she struggled, he took the clawing as he pinned her by the shoulders, he'd rather keep her immobile than stop her from her meager attacks.

"Stop this foolishness at once. You both know you've already lost. Stop attacking me now."

Taking one arm and placing it across her chest, and taking his other hand and wrapping it around her throat, he kept her pinned as he threatened to strangle.

"I see now that words will not sway you. Perhaps we can go on a trip back to Coldbarrow, and you can see what I'm offering first hand, and we can deal with this like mature diplomats."

It wasn't a very forceful kidnapping, but Oddr believed she'd get the point.

Tande

Only an animal would treat her like this - taking her by her neck to force her into their hands.  Karin may be as stubborn as a mule, but knew at least to bide her time, act more appropriately, but wait for an opening.  She wouldn't let any man dominate her, her father taught her better than to just simply give up.

She trusted her father enough to notice her gone - she was the only one to occupy the small household with him, after all - and to actually track her.  A hunter knew how to track his prey, especially dull witted idiots like this wanna-be King. 

She bit her tongue to keep herself from speaking, simply staring back at him with listless green eyes that were only filled with defiance and doggedness.

Oh, was he going to get it.

VowelOwl

"I'll take your silence as a yes."

Oddr stood slowly, watching for any funny business, and then outstretched a hand to help her stand. A small gesture, but one Oddr hoped would bridge the now extremely large gap between them at least a small bit.

"Now stay in my sight, I need to get changed, and don't worry about your father, he'll know where you are. I can't talk to the man, if he can't find me."

"And while we're at it, I suppose we'll need some rope."

Oddr guided her up the stairs and put the rest of his clothing and pelts on. Looking around, he spotted and grabbed Karin's bow and quiver of arrows while he was at it.

"You can have these back soon enough, I'm just holding them for you. Now then, come here."

Taking his hunting knife, Oddr made a cut across his hand just deep enough to draw blood and with a crackle of energy vines began to snake out from his hand until they had reached a measurably long size. Taking the end of the vine in both hands, he looked up and gazed at Karin

"Since I couldn't find any rope."

Tande

If looks could kill...

Karin stared at him with fierce eyes, grabbing his hand with a heft to it that almost seemed impossible for a woman her stature.  She got back to her feet, reaching to rub at her neck.  Pushed along by the man, she grit her teeth and went along with it, eyes searching the home as she worried for her own life now.  This barbarian was going to steal her away as if she were just some object and use her for so called 'negotiations' to steal away her father's land.  For all he knew, this man was a rapist, a murderer, a baby thief - the list went on, and the thoughts only made her heart race as he dressed.  Her eyes searched, landing on the bow her father had crafted her, and the quiver of arrows that she had with her while hunting.

She almost swallowed her own tongue in surprise when Oddr pointed out her bow and quiver.  Those were -her- weapons, and now held tightly in the man's grasp.  Though that was nothing compared to the face of absolute fear she made when Oddr preformed his magics.  Only then would she suddenly attempt to high-tail it out of the home to get away from the blood magician who would use her next (at least in her mind).

VowelOwl

Oddr looked in shock as Karin ran from the home. Quickly placing the quiver and bow over his shoulder he began to give chase on Karin.

"Stop running, you'll freeze to death out their alone!"

Oddr sounded concern, but not of concern of losing his prize. It sounded more like the sense of concern with comes with the guilt that one may have forced a woman to run off and die from exposure. But still, if she didn't stop,

He'd just have to tackle her again.

Tande

She'd at least make it out the door and into the snow before Oddmund was able to thwump right over her, sending her sprawling on her stomach and a bit dazed from the weight thrown directly on her. 

She'd do her best to try to squirm out of his grasp, grabbing for anything to get a grip - namely a stone found near the pathway.  Grasping it in a scraped hand, she tried to at least use the weight as momentum as she swung an elbow back at him.  Though the armor he wore only caused her to let out a howl of pain as her elbow connected with cold, sturdy metal.

"Let go of me!"

VowelOwl

"You have two options right now, miss! You either run away free into those woods with nothing to eat or keep you warm, or you come with me where I guarantee you'll live!"

As he talked down to her sternly he began trying to tie her hands together with the vines he conjured up, as the fresh wound dripped blood into the snow and began to steam.

"I will give you your bow back, and you will live if you come with me, if you run, you die, you got that!?"

Oddr screamed the last part like it may be a threat, though he meant it more as a warning.