Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

the Vampire and the Bunny Girl, what would happen?

Started by Tak, August 29, 2013, 01:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tak

Vryk was resting in his coffin in his luxury cave. the insides where cloth from the legendary Sheep Dragons soaked in the blood of Angels and demons and set to dry, with a hard wood-outside. Life, or, technically, unlife, was good. But... he got thirsty for blood... as did his kin.

Vryk was with his kin looking through the fields following faint sounds, hunting. eventually Vryk saw a burrow... Vryk started moving closer to the burrow (ver quiet, like a vamp) and looked inward to it.

Necromantic

Evey toddled about her kitchen area, adding herbs and spices and a number of different ingredients  to a big pot hanging above the fire of her hearth. She hummed an old tune while she cooked, one her mother had taught her. She paused dead for a moment, Mother she thought. She stayed for for a while, still, motionless. And then, as if someone had startled her, she gave a little jump and looked around her in a curious fashion before going back to her cooking as if she'd not interrupted herself at all.

Suddenly, while stirring the pot, her ears pricked up and turned toward her window. "A rustle?" she muttered to herself, completely unwittingly. Her eyes soon followed the trail of the sound. She paused, surprised and scared, like a deer in a headlight as she saw a pale face...

Tak

"Good day".

Vryk moved indoors in the blink of an eye like he didn't move, creating a small gust inside, possibly teleportation. "I give you a chance. Now... What goes on four legs in the morning, on two legs at noon, and on three legs in the evening?".

What is the fun in not giving them a chance?

Necromantic

Evey stared at him for awhile before blinking. Her hand stiff clutching the wooden spoon she had used to stir the vegetable broth. her legs braced themselves to run, which in her rabbit like nature was instinct. She tried to ignore it and focus on his question. Four legs in the morning. Two legs in the noon. Three legs in the evening. For legs in the morning. Two legs in the noon. Three legs in the evening. For legs in the morning... The riddle went round and round in her head. Round and round as if to a beat. Suddenly it clicked and a small, proud smile came to her lips.

"A human!" she cried in triumph. "that's right, isn't it...?" she asked and stepped forward, toward the man. "The answer is a human. A baby crawls on four legs, a man walks on two and the elderly use canes to help them walk!" She continued staring at him with the slight smile on her lips. "that's right, isn't it...?"

Tak

When Evey was thinking he was smiling, but when he heard the correct answer (which he did not expect) his face just went blank, a bit sad. "Yes. correct. You will no-longer die. If you get this right you have the option of immortality. If you do not, you will be living in a shell of pain, with only immortality the quick way out, not that I will be giving it to you.now= The beginning of eternity,The end of time and space, The beginning of every end, And the end of every place, what is it?."

Vryk started smiling again.

Necromantic

Evey quickly frowned and took another step toward him so there was very little space between them. "No, no! that's not fair!" She said forcefully while pointing a finger at his face. "I don't want to be immortal! I want my life to stay just the way it is!"

"Now, you! Listen here. I'm not here for your entertainment just because you think I'm beneath you! Just because your all big with sharp and scary bits doesn't mean I'm any lesser than you." She said while prodding him in the chest. "You know nothing of me. And I'll be damned before I let some silly bully come into my home and try to intimidate me!"

She crossed her arms and fixed him with a look. "Maybe if you were niceer I'd be more inclined to answer your riddles."

Tak

Vryk was happy, trying not to roll on the floor laughing. "Did you not hear me? You have the CHOICE of immortality if you are right  and suffering if not.".

He stopped laughing. Liriva and the 'trainees' went inside. "What makes you equal to a twenty-four and a half thousand year old vampire, Bunny?"

Necromantic

"I have a name, if you'd be so polite to ask. I would have thought you'd learnt some manners if you're twenty-four and a half years old." She said, doing what she thought was a rather good impression of him for the last bit. "Anyway, age is no measure of worth. For example, I'm sure you've killed a ton of people in your life time, and I've not killed a single one. I make my living by bringing life to people's produce to help them live."

She peered up at him "Though of course that doesn't mean you're completely wrong. I mean I'm sure you give those people hope" She gestured to his companions "And that's gotta count for something. So maybe, we're on equal ground." Evey smiled at him "You're probably not all as bad as you seem. Maybe you're just bored. I'm sure I would be if I were old."

Tak

Vryk squinted at her weirdly, then grinned. "What is your name? Why are you not scared? It is twenty four and a half THOUSAND years old, not just 24.5, and last of all, you need your hearing checked.". Vryck was a fast talker.

"I can repeat if you like".

Vrycks friends seemed almost as interested as Vryk himself.

Necromantic

(That was a typo >.< I meant to type twenty-four thousand and a half but I'm just gonna go with it!)

She continued to smile at him and then extended her hand for it to be shaken "I'm Evelyn Brun. Evey for short! and the reason I'm not scared is because there are tons of people like you and I'm just the type of person they tend to go for." she shrugged "It's simple really, I'm a small female who's part rabbit. It's taken for granted that I'm gonna be scared of you kind of people. But things are way to often taken for granted."

Tak

"I did not come here because you where weak, I came here because I smelt blood and felt movement. And for an earlier statement of yours, Yes, it can get boring, but keeping sane is atop my priorities. Now, you, Evey, you say you want to stay a disgusting mortal, I guess I cannot rid us all from the filth, but anyway".

Liriva stepped forward. "I am Liriva, *thinking pause* Me and Vryk are thinking of a way to marry without holy symbols, so, Fiance of Vryk."

Liriva looked quite thirsty and told something to Vryk with an extraordinarily quiet vampire-whisper something (It is 'She looks delicious' but you would not be able to hear).

Necromantic

Evey smiled at Liriva "You want to get married? That's wonderful, but I can see the issue with trying to marry without some form of religious power. It's a shame..." She then turned back to Vryk with a questioning look "Why do you say mortals are disgusting? Isn't that a bit cliche?"

Tak

"They grow. They die. When they get older they get weaker and uglier, not that I have a problem with old vampires, just... to them, they will die within one-hundred years. Becoming a vampire makes you stronger, faster, immortal and has many others pros and very few cons in comparison... while humans- they are weak and foolish"

"We where possibly thinking of a Unnholy Marriage, because- well, some symbols just- you know... an Unholy Marriage is not the best option, as demons are not the kind to pray to during marriage, so we decided to maybe just try it without religion"

"But enough about that. I thirst. Where shall I find blood? since, well, you are of importance to our discussion, you are safe for now"

Necromantic

Evey looked at Liriva with questioning. "I'm important to your discussion? In what way am I important to your discussion? and Isn't none-religious marriage also sometimes classed as unholy?" Her head turned toward Vryk "Also, growing and death isn't disgusting. It's just another way of things happening. Beauty shouldn't just be judged by appearances. Besides, I'm not a human"

Tak

" I never said you where human. And I say they get uglier and weaker, but I never said just on the outside. Other religions may he unholy from others perspectives. the Gift of staying in your prime forever is a beautiful one, change... Change can be ok. And you are important to this discussion as you are a part of it, you better give her a reason to live if you want to when the conversation ends, well, now."

"Yes, good point, Darling, do you have a reason for me not to drink you? I am thirsty..." Liriva walked up to Evey. "Scenarios change, I need to drink, I expect a reason for me not to, and remember, I am 23,900 years old, you cannot attack me and live"

"Just to say, I was like you for twenty four odd years. Then I changed, and I loved it. this went for 4,000 years until a demon kidnapped Liriva and teleported her to faraway lands. She managed to find her way back 20,000 years later and I have been training Bib, Did and Eie here for 500 years. Don't treat yourself like you are equal to me, because you are not, I do not know anyone who is, Liriva is the closest"

Necromantic

Though she deemed the people full of themselves she thought it would be best to entertain them, at least until they left her house. "You like riddles? Here. I know of a few." Evey paused her speaking as she walked to the sink with a natural almost hopping motion, and placed the wooden spoon she still clutched from cooking under the tap. She turned around to face them, now a few steps further from them than she was before. A little cough was given before she spoke and raised an upward pointed finger in front of herself.

"If you throw me from the window,
I will leave a grieving wife.
Bring me back, but in the door, and
You'll see someone giving life!

What am I?"

Her head turned and she leaned in as she inquired the final line.

Tak

"A fool. but more importantly, the letter 'n'. I have lived a long time. I know all the riddles."

He smiled. "When the live mourn the dead they hope they wont become a vampire, it doesn't work that way, when the dead mourn the live, it's because of their stupidity. Now think of this literally and get ready to run.  It isn't the age that makes me better than you. It's the Knowledge. It's the Strength. It's the Wisdom. It's the Freedom."

He walked a step toward her. "How many times have I said 'the' after I smiled?"