Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Way of the Winds

Started by Lion, October 20, 2013, 01:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Then I guess it's fair to say you didn't succeed and they're looking to exact a little retribution," Ki muttered both to her and himself.  Though it was true, he was irritated with her, as far as he was concerned the enemy of his enemy was his friend and perhaps it would be less prudent to demean her as he wanted to.

Chewing out could always be reserved for later at a more convenient moment.

"Hey, I know we have little reason to trust each other, but I'm not lookin' to die in some bandit camp, or wherever this is, so whaddya say we put the irritation aside and we find a way to bust out of this joint?" he whispered to her.  But it seemed his words wouldn't get much of a response when one of the guards came by and spat at Ki'adan's face.

"Sonuvabitch," he griped, rubbing his cheek on his shoulder.  He turned back to the girl.  "My guess is the leader is that big one over by the tent, right?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Eylene

Escape from this camp? That seems impossible, but the man across from her seemed capable enough, maybe he could be a good ally. Not that she thought they would ever be anything beyond forced allies, but at least that was something. That could just as well keep his knife out of her back.

Eylene turned her head as far as she could to see the man he was indicating towards. The tents stood only a little away from them and Eylene could clearly make out the man in the light from a nearby fire. The telltale scar down his left cheek marked him as their unmistakable leader.

"Yes, that's him. His name is Ruthgard," Eylene looked around her before she lowered her voice to a whisper, "Escaping seems like a... likable option. What do you have in mind?"

Lion

[Sorry for the long delay!]

"Hmm, well, nothing solid yet.  I'll need a bit more time, a few more details, before I can formulate a proper plan.  I imagine in the meantime, we'll be strangled a little, beaten within an inch of our lives, and - if we're lucky- be sold into slavery."  Ki'adan cursed and peered at his newfound companion.

"Well, you gotta name don't ya?  Least some kind of code to call you when we make our grand gesture toward these lovely ladies.  I'm Renault."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Eylene

"Call me Eylene," she looked at their captors who was sure enough making their way over to them before she continued, "I guess you're right, Renault, we will never get out of this unscathed, but there's no reason not to fight back!" She smiled cynically back at him before the stake that kept her down was pulled out and she was yanked to her feet.

"Boss wants to see you, sweetheart," Gip's face was so close to hers that she could smell his rank breath before he pulled her away.

"See you, maybe," Eylene called back over her shoulder.

Lion

[OMG I thought I replied to this! So sorry!]

Gip was no less rough with her than he was with Ki'adan.  But because her sex made her out to be the most delicate of the two, Ruthgard gave special orders to see to it that she wasn't harmed more than she needed to be.  So Gip found it suitable enough to swing her from side to side a little before finally settling her on the ground across from the fire where Ruthgard sat.

He only looked at her after Gip planted her on the ground and he stepped back, smiling smugly at her with ugly teeth.  Ruthgard gave a grunt and grinned at the small girl.  He looked her over, with some hunger on his part, but it soon faded away.  "How far did you think  you could get exactly?" his voice rumbled out to Eylene, almost like a purr.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Eylene

"Well, to tell you the truth, I was hoping on a little longer, but you see, there's only so much a girl can hope for. At least I did what I set out to do to you in the first place," Eylene let a grin spread across her face.
"And what is that?"
"I caused you an inconvenience. It could have been worse, I see that now, but I'll settle for what I got," Eylene stopped herself short of stepping back. His eyes glinted maliciously at her. She could see now how he did with her family what he did. He will still pay. Even if it was the last thing she ever did.
"Get her out of my sight, Gip!" Ruthgard hissed through his clenched teeth, his entire body trembling.
"Don't worry, Ruthgard, I'm not done with you just yet," Eylene could hear him roar behind her, but Gip had already turned her away from Ruthgard, so she contented herself with the knowledge that she had struck a soft spot as Gip dragged her back to where she was chained up before.