Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Plotting with Mordecai

Started by Vivi, December 01, 2013, 06:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivi

So, I'm on the lookout for plotting with my new mordecai character, Aster Delancy. Currently there's no strict plans or plot points for her, so I'm willing to be quite flexible in terms of who she interacts with in Connlaoth. Of course, it'd be great if she could go on adventures related to the order: mage hunts, war-related stuff and the like, but I'm also willing to interact with regular people. As a Delancy, she'll have a very large family and has links to the Treyburns as well, so that could provide opportunities, good and bad, but it's all just guesswork at the moment.

Basically, if you have an idea related to the mordecai/war/family or just want to interact, feel free to throw out an idea her or via PM.

Lion

I don't have a mordecai, but I do have a fellow mage hunter so to speak in my warrior priest, Mercuxio Rastognlir.  I've been looking to throw him into more action-oriented threads, or at the very least have him do some detective work.  While I don't think his Order would ever call on the Mordecai for asstistance officially, I can see him making an exception if they happen to be hunting a rogue mage.  Of course that's just one possibility for plot direction.

If he doesn't interest you, I also have Tenran, a bounty hunter and Jude Armand, both of which are in Connlaoth.  All links are in my signature.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

kleineklementine

So I already have some plot ideas with Spice on this, but I'm planning that at some point in the future from her current thread, my character Olive (mage, already in a thread with Lion's Mercuxio) will be a member of a band of mages staging guerilla attacks on the Churhc/army/etc. Mostly escapees from the mage camps. Olive will probably get mostly wrapped up in my plot with Spice, but since I seem to be on a making-characters-roll, I could make another rogue mage that's a member of the guerilla band if you guys want someone to chase! (If Merric's involved, Olive would probably make some cameos, just to make everyone uncomfortable!)

Vivi

Lion: Oh man, your characters all look fantastic, I can't decide! I'd definitely love to roleplay with you, but it depends who you think would work well with Aster.

Hm... So, I think she and Mercuxio would probably not tolerate each other: number one, because they're both quiet individuals probably not willing to put up with the others personality, and two, because she has a problem with people taking pleasure or hatred from her work. I have a feeling that one could cause problems. That, and they might not be all that talkative.

Tenran's disdain of mordecai probably wouldn't annoy her quite as much, but I really like the look of his personality. I like his character the best I think, from what I've read, but I reckon both him and Jude would both be excellent in a fight. It'd be funny to see Jude try and flirt with her, too. Emphasis on try.

So yeah, which one do you think would work the best? I do like Tenran, but I'm still not sure. Can't decide.

Kleine: Oooh, yay! A mage to torment! I'm just kidding, but put me down for the guerrilla thing in the future, I'd definitely like to be involved with that.

Vivi

Already messaged a couple days ago! Don't you worry, I'm not passing that one up!

Lion

I think Merric would tolerate her enough, provided she does not get in his way.  And I think he would definitely respect her input if she can provide a perspective he cannot.  Not to mention, conflict makes even more interesting threads, might I add.  Especially if Kleine throws in Olive, which is already causing all sorts of moral troubles for Merric in their current thread.  But there would be a lot  of tension between them, of their loyalties, their work, etc.  And it could make for an interesting partnership, but so would Tenran and Jude.  I like all three of them honestly! D:  We could possibly do separate threads for all three, if you wanted.  Or maybe make a thread with just one, and have the others make cameos.

I think it'd be interesting to see her interacting with Jude. Considering his profession and attitude toward the world. The thought just makes me giggle.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Vivi

Augh, I don't think I could manage three threads... Compromise and do two? One with Merric, and another with whoever you think would be the most fun - or hell, even both of them if you're willing to play two characters at once. Jude does sound funny though.

Totally up to you!

kleineklementine

Super-short post because I'm going to bed soon, but just let me know if you guys end up needing a guerilla mage to chase! But since I haven't even made the character yet, don't worry about me if you want to go in a different direction! <3 

Vivi

I'll keep you posted. Night night, dear!

Lion

Yeah, three threads would be a little much.  Two would be fine, though I'd have to think what mess to throw Jude into then, and then maybe throw Tenran in as well when the moment comes.  We'll see about that one.  I think one with Merric and maybe Kleine making a rogue mage to stir up some trouble, would be the main one I was shooting for.  That could be fun!

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Vivi

Great! Sounds good to me!

So I guess it's just the question of when and who starts each thread now. What do you reckon?

Lion

It makes no difference to me who starts it, though I imagine the thread would take place somewhere in the Sirantil Valley.  I could start it but it might take me a while.  I'm guess we're going with the going after a rogue mage plotline then?  Just want to be sure!

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Vivi

Yeah, that should work. I definitely won't be able to start anything today, since it's gone midnight already, but I guess it depends what you mean by 'a while'. If you think it'd take a few days, I'll try and set something up tomorrow, but it wouldn't come any sooner than that.

Lion

I can try making something later tonight, since it's only 4 pm here.  But if you're already working on something, we can go with whatever you're working on, or have an idea for. It's no big deal either way.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Vivi

I've not started working on anything yet, no, so you can go ahead and make something if you want. I probably won't be online properly until tomorrow afternoon, depending on what happens.

Lion

All right here's the starting thread: Shadows of the Grave

I hope I left it vague enough, I wasn't sure how you wanted to open it from your character's side.  And if Kleine wants to make a character and jump in, she's free to do so as well!

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Quote from: kleineklementine on December 01, 2013, 01:40:25 PM
So I already have some plot ideas with Spice on this, but I'm planning that at some point in the future from her current thread, my character Olive (mage, already in a thread with Lion's Mercuxio) will be a member of a band of mages staging guerilla attacks on the Churhc/army/etc. Mostly escapees from the mage camps. Olive will probably get mostly wrapped up in my plot with Spice, but since I seem to be on a making-characters-roll, I could make another rogue mage that's a member of the guerilla band if you guys want someone to chase! (If Merric's involved, Olive would probably make some cameos, just to make everyone uncomfortable!)

What she said- I have my Templar Kentamin (he's a young.recruit and eager to please.)
I also have the very obnoxious and full of.himself mordecai warrior: Krah, God of War'. (He's so egotistical. That's his.title) just as food for thought XD

Also if Merric is.involved, there's a.small chance Attalia might inadvertently.show up for plots (ifneeded).. Attie IS Supposed to be dead after.all.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Siris

I have a character with magical powers that I could easily spin up a plot for. Does a magic-using vampire sound like something you'd like to play with/fight?

Vivi

Quote from: visualspice on December 02, 2013, 03:06:34 AM
What she said- I have my Templar Kentamin (he's a young.recruit and eager to please.)
I also have the very obnoxious and full of.himself mordecai warrior: Krah, God of War'. (He's so egotistical. That's his.title) just as food for thought XD

Also if Metric is.involved, there's a.small chance Attalia might inadvertently.show up for plots (ifneeded).. Attie IS Supposed to be dead after.all.

I'm thinking Aster would probably know Krah - and knowing her personality vs. his, it might be funny to see how they get on XD Also, I'll keep you posted on the thing with kleine and the others too, so hopefully you can join in when you're out of hospital. Get well soon, hon!

Quote from: Siris on December 03, 2013, 08:09:57 AM
I have a character with magical powers that I could easily spin up a plot for. Does a magic-using vampire sound like something you'd like to play with/fight?

Oh man, that sounds like it could be funny. What would you want to do with that?