Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Widow, the great grandaughter of Medusa

Started by Widow15, December 09, 2013, 08:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Widow15

The peacefull, nice scenery of the forest surrounding the river was a quiet one, untill it was interupeted by the sound of screams. The young, 15 year old girl with short, black hair and pale skin broke through the forest, panting and running, from three giant, grusome looking wolves.

"You can never exsape us, little girl." One spat in a discusting voice as it began to catch up to the girl.

Widow was her name, and she had made the mistake of coming to close to the Werewolf territory. But that was not the reason that the wolfs were chasing her. She was a Monolithe, a new breed of race, the desidant of the powerful snake woman, Medusa. Widow had the ability to turn other to stone, not by looking at them, but by touching them, which was why she wore black leather gloves. Her power would not save her now, however, for the wolves were gaining closer by the second.

nahash

Axle was relaxing on a low branch in a large oak enjoying the peace and quiet.  The sun was out and he and the sun had a mutual disagreement going on so the vampire was waiting out the day in the shade of the forest.  A loud scream tore through the woods and shattered the serenity of the moment.  He thought for a moment about just ignoring them but just could not bring himself to do it.  "son of a B!@%#, guess I'll have to get my hands dirty"

Axle took his ever-present jug which was filled with mead at the moment and took a long drink before returning it to his belt.  Sitting up he watched a young girl run by, three wolves hard on her tail.  As the werewolves passed under the branch he was sitting on he dropped down with a near silent whoosh.  He planted both feet square in the back of one and drove it into the ground.  At the same moment he drew his dagger and turned, robe flowing in the wind and buried it into the ribs of a second wolf.  With only one wolf left he retrieved his weapon and took a defensive stance now that he had lost the element of surprise.

Widow15

Widow turned her head for a second to see a dark haired man attack two of the wolves. To her surprise, he was able to take out both of them, leaving the third all alone. Of course, the wolf was not about to give up, snapping and snarling at the man, it's red eyes gleeming. Widow coulden't let the man who had saved her life die by the hands of a werewolf, so, while it was distracted, she took off one of her gloves and quietly made her way behind the wolf, grabbing it's tail.

The wolf yipped, and slashed it's claws against Widow's face. Before it was able to finish the job, however, the wolf's paws flashed with a light, and turned to stone. The werewolf howled one last time as the rest of it's body slowly turned into cold, hard rock.

nahash

Axle saw the girl come at wolf from behind and was about to yell for her to stay back when the wolf let out a pained yelp and turned on the girl.  He broke into a run and sprinted towards the fighting pair hoping to lend a hand only to see the wolf turn to stone before his very eyes.  "Well that was something new, you have a strong power." Axle said as he sheathed his dagger.  "are you ok, it looked like you took a strong hit to the face there" he ask, a look of concern on his face.

Widow15

Widow slowly got up, flinching, her hand touching the wound on her face. "I-i'm fine. It's only a scratch." She said, placing her hand back into her glove. Although it was only a scratch, Widow cursed herself for not being more careful. She was almost killed. "Thank you..." she said to the man. "For helping me. And yes, I do have a strange power. It's more of a curse, however."

nahash

Axle watched keenly as the young girl got back to her feet.  "The difference between a curse and a gift is all in the way you look at it, look at me, I have walked this earth for 127 years.  I have watched everyone I have ever know grow old and die.  Most would see this as a curse but I call it a gift for I have been able to be there for my sister and her decedents for 110 years I have kept an eye on them" Axle spoke in a matter of fact tone.  He ran a hand through his long silver hair to straighten it out after his jump from the tree and brief fight.  "I am Alexander Crowden by the way but you may call me Axle if you wish" He said as he walked closer to the girl.

Widow15

Widow bowed slightly, showing her thanks to Alexander. "Hello, I am Widow. Widow Grey. Thank you again, for saving me." She then sighed, looking over at the stone statue of the giant wolf. "I guess you are right, to put things in perspective. But I have lived in hiding most my life. These wolves have been hunting me down, for quiet a while now." She then turned to Axle, her eyebrow raised. "I do not want to be rude, but are you perhapes, a vampire?"

nahash

Axle walked over the the stone wolf and hoped up on it's back and sat down as though it was a bench..  once settled down he looked over at Widow.  "Yes you could call me a vampire most do but you would be mistaken, I am a human with Porphyric Hemophilia a disease with no cure that causes vampirism" He said with a smug look, it would be to much to ask for him to give a straight answer.  "my turn why have the wolves been after you" he said with a grin.

Widow15

Widow smiled softly, and sighed. "Well, it's a long story. They were after me for my blood. My kind, a long time ago, betrayed the werewolves for something stupid, and they want revenge. I come from a lying and deceiving race, although, you can trust me, i'm not the same."

nahash

"HA ha ha" Axle rich laughter rang out through the trees "you might not want to lead off your intro with how you come from a people know for lying and deceiving, now everything you say to me will pass through the filter of that preconceived notion"  he said coyly, still chuckling.  "all matters of trust aside, I'm glad you escaped relatively unscaved,  would hate to see something happen to a doll like you"  He said as he pulled his leg up onto the wolf's back, rested his hand on his knee and rested his chin on his hand lazily.

Widow15

"Ahaha...yea." Widow said, blushing slightly. She looked up to see the bright yellow sun, falling down, and the moon rising. "I suppose I should go to a nearby village before something else happens."

nahash

Axle fallowed Widow's gaze and looked up at the sun that was now low in the sky.  In a short time it would be low enough that he could walk about without fear of getting caught in the open. "if you wait till twilight to hit a can accompany you.  I need to head into town anyways.  All of this excitement has left me parched and something tells me your blood is not safe to drink" He said with a wide grin.  Do you honestly expect more trouble" he ask lighting an eyebrow.