Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Local Tavern [open, need a bartender]

Started by deadlybacon7, December 14, 2013, 10:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadlybacon7

Eland arrived finally in Darken Vei at dusk. He had made way to the town which he had arranged for a house of his to be prepared. A home, thought Eland, for an elf who doesn't need it. The house he had attained was quite small, all he really needed. He carried with him a knapsack filled with common travel equipment, a larger bag with simple blankets and clothes, and his only bow left, plus 27 arrows in a quiver. He also had two iron daggers, butterknives almost. He would need to see them sharpened by a smith. Laying down all but his bow, arrows, daggers, and a fortune of 18 copper coins, he headed to the local tavern.

Inside it was not busy, and nowhere in sight was a bartender. At the bar he sat, looking into the kitchen but still seeing no one. He tried not looking at anyone, but couldn't help himself. There were a few drunks, one or two nobler looking people, and plenty of common folk. Even though he thought to himself it wasn't worth it, he knew he would love to talk to someone.

Public Opinion

Sebastian sat at a table in the corner of the tavern alone, reading a large tome with no title; of what it's contents was could only be speculated. He glanced at the man who had just sat at the bar, observing the other people in the tavern. He placed his old book back into his leather satchel and approached the counter inquisitively and went to sit down next to the man.

I haven't seen you said here before, Sebastian spoke in a  cocky manner, the chair squeaking loudly as he dragged it back to sit down. What brings you to the tavern?

deadlybacon7

Eland peered at the man through the corner of his eye and slowly faced his head toward him. He looked wealthier than the peasants, but not royal. A Mage, perhaps.

"I'm new here, arrived today in fact. I'm tired of travel and came for a drink. You've lived here long?"

Eland arched an eyebrow and shifted his weight, opening his shoulders to face the man, awaiting an answer.

Public Opinion

Sebastian shifted in his chair, Sebastian himself looking to be of some what a higher class than the commoners around him

"I have been staying here for a week or so at most, I come from a place called Bleakshire.. it is a little place most have not heard of. What brings you to the town? business or plesure.. or are you just here to find an adventure?"

deadlybacon7

"All. I'm an adventurer, so I came for adventure. I'm a bounty hunter, so I came for work. I'm also a practices of magic, and as I used to live in Connlaoth, I moved both to further my craft and to preserve myself." Eland then lowered his voice slightly, and asked a question.

"Are you a Mage? You appear as one and I've been looking for a Mage."

Public Opinion

"Yes, I am a mage" Sebastian says in a very hushed manner, tapping the bar counter with his left  hand, while moving a few strands of hair out of his face. "What is it that you need one for?

deadlybacon7

"There's a tome hidden in these mountains, an important treatise on necromancy and illusions. There are only 5 copies, the other four hidden away in monasteries and libraries, but this one has never been touched. Have you heard of Wilhelm's Guide to the Dead Art by Wilhelm the Exiled, an ancient Mage? I need this book, but I've been told that in order to gain access to where it's hidden, one must be or be accompanied by a Mage."

Eland quickly pulled a rolled up paper scrap and an arrow from his quiver, placing both on the bar.

"I believe I've found the tome. It is in this mountain, just northeast of us. A cave about halfway up the slope named Lazy Man's Quarry."

The elf pointed to a marking and scrawled lettering on the paper scrap map, and it seemed like the cave would be difficult to get to, many rocks covering the entrance.

"Yes, yes, the topography is quite steep. Very difficult to reach, but well worth it I assure you. You may, however, be considering to simply rob me of this information by some means, but you also need an archer. This arrow here is engraved with the Sigil of Wilhelm and enchanted by the Mage's own magic. In order to enter one of the hidden locations, you need this arrow to be fired into a very specific location. Not, an easy shot. You would be hard-pressed to find another archer who would be able to make that shot, and even more so to find one that would do it for free and possess the knowledge needed."

Quickly, Eland shunned his face downward and brought his hand to his lip.

"I hope I have placed my trust in you correctly, the operation depends on it. What say you, Mage? Want to find a book?"

Public Opinion

"Its seems an easy enough task" Sebastian says in a cocky attitude smirking, shifting his hand aross the counter.

"But what do I get in return for helping you? This isn't something that I would do for free, but perhaps you can tempt me with a suitable reward and  I may indeed help you."

deadlybacon7

(OOC) > Sorry this is late, I had a thing going on.

(IC) >

"Oh, uh, I hadn't thought of that. I have little money, merely 18 copper pieces. You could take that or I could give you a service in exchange for this service from you. In addition, we may find artifacts and money in the cave. I propose a 50/50 split, although I need the tome."

Eland put all 18 of his copper coins on the counter and took back the scrap map and the Wilhelm arrow. He looked at Sebastian with his eyebrows raised.

"Actually, I don't believe I know your name either. Mine's Eland, I'm an elf."

Public Opinion

Sebastian seemed quite insulted by the notion of the manner wanting to pay him a mere 18 copper coins

"How about we split the profit of what is in the cave 75:25, after all, all you wanted was the tome. But it is nice to meet you Eland, I am Sebastian.. and you can probably tell I am a human."

deadlybacon7

"It's a deal, a 75:25 split between us. Are you willing to help me on this quest?"

Public Opinion