Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Arrows Fly

Started by Blades, November 29, 2013, 12:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blades

Eidith shifted her weight. She crouched low in the bushes, eyes focused on a lone doe. Why she was alone was a mystery, one Eidith chose to ignore. She carefully, silently, pulled an arrow from her quiver and rested it in place on the bow, pulling on the string. The feathers tickled her cheek, and this is when she shifted once again. Arrow aimed for the head of the beast, she followed it flawlessly as it reached it's head down to the rich grasses below.

Now or never, she told herself, holding her breath as she relented the pressure on the string. With a squeal, the doe lifted her head seconds before the arrow would've pieced the doe's temple. "Damnit!" Eidith whispered hoarsely. She was already reaching for another arrow, another chance, as the doe pranced off. And that was when the elf noticed the huddled brown shape that was struggling to stand. A single arrow flew, striking the fawn square inbetween the eyes.

Rushing forward, she scooped it up. Swallowing back the guilt at killing an innocent creature- as she did everyday- Eidith put the fawn in the bag hooked to her belt for all the small catches she made. It landed softly on top of the two rabbits and squirrel. Willing herself one more chance, she sat in the meadow and thought for a moment. Ah, yes. One adult deer and I'll call it a day..  After the elf had finished vaguely planning her course of action, she stood up and set off into the forest, wondering what else she would encounter in the depths of the greenery..

zozee9

OOC: Sending my character Kayala in! For the sake of realism, I'm making her 20. Not like it matters much. I think they would get along pretty well. We'll see. :)

IC:

Kayala wandered through the woods, her arrow already notched in the bow. She needed food and was hoping to find an ill or injured animal that she could take out. Of course, Kayala had more than enough skill to take out any animal in the woods—given she was in the right position. But there was less harm in killing an animal that would be dead within days anyway.

Years of living in the woods allowed her to travel silently and quickly alongside giving her an uncanny sixth sense. And it was that very last thing that alerted her of another presence nearby. Not wanting to take any risks, Kayala rested the bow around her shoulders and the arrow in her mouth. She climbed the nearest tree and gazed down, waiting for the wanderer that she knew would pass by soon.

However, that soon came a lot quicker than she had been expecting. She had barely made it onto the lowermost stable branch before the elf appeared. The girl was skinny and tall and clearly had experience walking through woods. After all, she made close to no sound as she walked.

Any normal person probably would have let the stranger pass by, not wanting to risk the elf being dangerous. But Kayala was by no means a normal person and, at the sight of the dead fawn hanging out of a bag, she couldn't help but do something. She wasn't stupid, though. While the quests for her blood may have simmered down, that didn't mean there weren't still people looking for her. Furthermore, anyone traveling through the woods alone with weapons could easily be dangerous. So she put the arrow back into the bow... though she kept it loose. If the girl made a dangerous move, she'd be able to shoot quick enough, anyway.

Peeking out just a little from the branch so that the girl would be able to see her, Kayala finally demanded, "Why are you here?" Of course, her voice would have contrasted the silence from before, but she made no efforts at not surprising her companion. Nor did she have any desires to be hospitable. First she would figure out why the girl was in the woods, then she would deal with it.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Blades

She startled a little, head snapping up to where she thought the sound was coming from. Her bow was held slack at her side, but her right hand moved to grip her dagger just in case. Glancing around, her eyes darted among the trees until they locked onto something.

"I could ask the same of you." She answered, eyes narrowed and following every move the figure made. She tried to look imposing, as much as her slight frame allowed. Brown eyes shifting to the bag at her waist, Eidith chuckled quietly to herself, and found the spot where the woman rested.

She realized she hadn't answered the questions, and might as well. This sounded like the kind of person who would squeeze the information from you. Catching a glimpse of snow white skin, Eidith opened her mouth. "Anyways, I'm hunting. Most exciting thing ever." She said simply. Eidith enjoyed sarcasm and found it amusing to use. Some people found it rude and a little absurd, but it fit the elf just right.

zozee9

Kayala glared at the girl with disdain. She seemed like a fool. But she didn't seem like one of the fools that was hunting her down. So she swiftly jumped down from the tree, catching her balance with one hand and holding the bow and arrow with the other. Kayala still kept her distance from the girl, managing to stay a good ten feet away.

"I'm a guardian," she responded strongly. It wasn't true—not officially—but ever since she moved to and traveled through the woods, it was the responsibility she had given herself. Even beforehand, however, she had considered herself a guardian of hope. "I had to make sure you were safe."

Her bow and arrow remained by her side as she continued on. "And before you ask, I think you are. Foolish, but not dangerous. Though I will ask why out of the whole forest of animals that you're hunting in, why did you choose to kill an innocent creature who hasn't yet even experienced her first winter?"
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Blades

"Food's food, and although I can just stop by the market, I'd prefer to go hunting." Eidith replied, ignoring the statement about foolishness. She could now get a better look of the girl, with snow white skin and cropped, jet black hair. She had brown eyes and crimson swirls painted onto her body. How peculiar, Eidith thought.
    "I could've gotten the doe, if it hadn't spooked, but that opportunity's gone now." Eidith blinked and shifted her weight, awaiting the reply that was to come.

zozee9

"So you would have killed the innocent doe that was just trying to protect her baby?" Kayala scoffed. "How chivalrous." She sighed and glanced at the fawn. "Well, what's done is done. Just don't waste it."

Eyeing the girl up suspiciously, Kayala questioned, "What are you doing in these woods, anyway? Just hunting? It's at least a few days walk to any village that I know of. So that would be a long hunting trip—and you obviously aren't planning on carrying a ton of meat back to a village or the likes. Not with," she motioned to the entire girl, "that."